Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt this rule applicable for EOD charts? I thought 60 min does not look for any references as per Saints method.
As per the method described in this Thread, certainly the long entry was triggered as soon as the pivotal high of 12 noon was breached. Discussion about uptrend was only from an academic point of view. The rules for identification of Uptrend & Downtrend are identical on charts of any time-frame.

Already mentioed here

http://www.traderji.com/equities/21903-going-60min-flow.html#post183884

Has going with 60 min flow system been backtested on Nifty by anyone ? If so what are the results such as total nifty points made and lost,max consecutive profits/losses,average profit/Loss ratio etc for some reasonable period ? This will give good confidence while trading the system with real money.I am little sceptical whether this system will give positive results month after month.I have not backtested the system but this is the sense I get if we see the stoploss and the movement in Nifty Futures.

milkyblack

Hello all,

NF for June 6th... According to Saint's system
Will not go with 2 bar method for NF... as mentioned by Saint... Will go by pivots(unless real good V move happnes)

Today we made a pivot high at 4636... and then went far down and then again moved up and crossed the pivot with good points...
So we are now long in NF from 4636+ with a SL of 4625-

Code:
So for the June Series so far...

Number	Trade	Level	SL	Initial Risk	P/L(Close)

2	Long	4636+	4525-	-111		+35

1	Short	4826-	4727+	Closed		190(Booked Profit)

Total booked P/L = +190pts
Please clarify if the postions are right...

Regards

ps:- NF 60 is not in UT yet but the DT is questionable now... but according to rules to trade 60min we do not wait for confirmation just go with the flow(Taught by Saint)

Last edited:

milkyblack

As gautam was asking is there any rule to give room to pivots ?? this is a valid question by discussion we can derive some conclusion about this ......

in my opinion in todays move i would wait for that bar to close above pivot as it is running from new higher pivot low to break lower pivot high if it dont then would wait for next bar to cross prev bars high in intra day basis

Waiting your veiws also

regards
Satya
Hi Satya... Sorry had to log out yesterday... so did not get the question yesterday...

Giving some room yes it is needed... how much is pretty subjective... can make it objective by say 10pts +/- ... According to Saint he said for the short from 4826 to take as 4820... its like -6 pts room... but again sometimes he takes as +10 points room... so it is kind of subjective... but 10points is good enough(but again if the price just moves back even after that 10 points +/-... then again it can be a false one...)
So Saint mentions that give some playing time to the scrip... and then take trade...

Just for reference if you see Saint's ABAN trade... it is good example and makes it clear that there is no particular number for giving room....

And about the close above the bar's high/low... is a good thing... but again you can miss a huge chunk if a WRB or a good upmove/downmove happnes...
I personally would not wait for it to close above it... incase it closes below it and I am in doubt abt the trade then I would follow
"When In Doubt Be OUT"

Please correct my views and give your opinions too...
I am sure when Saint come across this he would guide you in a better and a RIGHT way!

Regards

SGM

Hello MB

A formating tip, if u use code instead of quote you can format a table with tabs :)

something like this
Code:

Number	Trade	Level	SL	Initial Risk 	P/L(close)

2 	Long 	4636+ 	4525- 	-111 		+35

1 	Short 	4826- 	4727+ 	Closed 		190(Booked Profit)

Also trades are easy to follow with the latest trade first ...

Have not checked the levels, but you are doing good to keep focused on the exact method, and not on the noise.

Academic discussion is good, but so is following the rules of a system. Please give it some time as and when SAINT gives his inputs, listen hard and follow xazatly.

Good job!!

Regards
Sanjay

milkyblack

It's a fall,yet not a steep fall.....once again,look at ABAN and compare it to NF........play pivots only with NF.

With ABAN,play the previous 2 bar high stop and revert to long if broken.

Different charts behave differently.........careful on applying the 2 bar strategy on to NIFTY unless it truly gives you a vertical fall like ABAN,else you tend to revert to longs too early,and you are going to get stopped out both ways and lose as much as you made........Reiterating once again,with NIFTY play pivots till it goes vertical.Vertical hasn't happened yet in NIFTY so far.

Saint
Thanks a bunch Saint,

I always used to wonder how to understand a steep fall/rise and a steep gradient... was always confused with it... and I did not ask you this question as this is very abstract... I mean how one measures... there has to be some reference to it to understand... now when I see the ABAN and the NF... My eyes are abe to distinguish them :)

Thanks a lot Saint for your replies :)

Regards

milkyblack

Not at all,MB.........When one is thirsty,very thirsty,he becomes impatient till he gets what he is looking for...........can see you are very thirsty,my friend,and that's great.....So,don't be patient and less demanding.Be the same........but still,do forgive me if the answers take some time in coming.

Saint
Dearest Saint,

My heartiest thanks to you... :) You are really a man with lot of patience and a heart of gold!
Yes Sir, you have got me right, I am thirsty very much... to be with the success... indeed who over here would not like to be!!!! :eek:

Thank you for your encouragements ... it has really boosted me up !

And Saint please no sorry from your side....
We all over here can understand the time pressure you have...

So please post at your comfort!

Wish you good luck in all the aspects of life!

Regards

milkyblack

UPDATES:

SESA GOA :added more shorts today at 3850 and 3730 .......therefore 6 contracts at 3903,stop loss at 3715

ABAN :avg 10 lots at 3848,stops at 3700......no more adds,although below 3575 would have been another add.Point reached when one feels more adds would force the mind to do stupid things.[\B]

JP Assoc:Added 2 more at 200,avg on 6 shorts 211.33,stops at 207

All the best!
Saint

Wow!
Another lesson to learn!

What I have learnt in psychology class...
"Learning happnes when there is a change in behavior"
People(including me) say they have learnt.... but there is yet to be a change in the behaviour!

And our Saint has conquered the greed! :) Which is the enemy of profits(I might be wrong, but my expereince)

Regards

milkyblack

Satya,milky, Can the high of 12 noon bar be considered as Pivot high....wud the short be reversed to long above this with todays low as the SL!!
Extreamly sorry to post so late!
Yes it is according to me(what I could interpret by Saint's pivot system and 60 min NF rules)
Long 4636+
SL 4525-

Regards

milkyblack

Hello MB

A formating tip, if u use code instead of quote you can format a table with tabs :)

something like this
Code:

Number	Trade	Level	SL	Initial Risk 	P/L(close)

2 	Long 	4636+ 	4525- 	-111 		+35

1 	Short 	4826- 	4727+ 	Closed 		190(Booked Profit)

Also trades are easy to follow with the latest trade first ...

Have not checked the levels, but you are doing good to keep focused on the exact method, and not on the noise.

Academic discussion is good, but so is following the rules of a system. Please give it some time as and when SAINT gives his inputs, listen hard and follow xazatly.

Good job!!

Regards
Sanjay
Dear SGM Sir,

Thanks a lot for your input! I would try to do .... I do not know much of it... I would try my best to format your way!
Last trade 1st is a grt idea :)

Thanks again!

And yes trying to learn and implement!

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.