Good news --Option oracle is working!!!!

I have thoroughly checked, it's not blocked by NSE.
It is not able to parse data received from NSE. At the backend it may be due to additional comments .. see Swapnil below
Sir,

Have less technical knowledge;
how can we make it work again, plz.

Thanks
Rajesh

mastermind007

Hi All,

I have thoroughly checked, it's not blocked by NSE.
It is not able to parse data received from NSE. At the backend it may be due to additional comments .. see Swapnil below

Regards,
Escape

Escape,

I've spoken to six different NSE (and DOTEX) employees and met one in person. They've all told me same thing albeit in different words with some variation in technical explanation.

They've confirmed that the NSE servers block repeated web requests originating from the same IP address.

For those of whom it is still working, NSE views your scrapping as illegal. If you still have Options Oracle running on your machine, you can easily get yourself blocked by turning its auto-refresh on. Naturally, I am assuming you are using straight forward browser and not any internet gizmos to mask your true IP address.

Of all the people I spoke to, I was able to convince at least one of them that this policy of blocking was just modern version of red-tapism and manual access would cause higher workload on the machine.

I was able to convince that the expecting people to see 1020 numerical entries (Common NIFTY Call Put Option Chain page) and make sense it was beyond average human competence and scrapping it thru any means into any other software was actually reducing the demands on the server's bandwidth.

escape

Hi Mastermind007,

I have used direct connection. I can assure it is not issue with NSE blocking, but modification on NSE page, so Options Oracle is not able to parse and understand details.

By the way, I prefer disabling auto refresh.

If any one can provide me last working source code (as published on capitalmind), I can look into it.

Regards,
Escape

Escape,

I've spoken to six different NSE (and DOTEX) employees and met one in person. They've all told me same thing albeit in different words with some variation in technical explanation.

They've confirmed that the NSE servers block repeated web requests originating from the same IP address.

For those of whom it is still working, NSE views your scrapping as illegal. If you still have Options Oracle running on your machine, you can easily get yourself blocked by turning its auto-refresh on. Naturally, I am assuming you are using straight forward browser and not any internet gizmos to mask your true IP address.

Of all the people I spoke to, I was able to convince at least one of them that this policy of blocking was just modern version of red-tapism and manual access would cause higher workload on the machine.

I was able to convince that the expecting people to see 1020 numerical entries (Common NIFTY Call Put Option Chain page) and make sense it was beyond average human competence and scrapping it thru any means into any other software was actually reducing the demands on the server's bandwidth.

One question.

I see Green and Red color with sometimes negative symbol for values under Debit Column under Strategy Positions. Can anyone explains what does that mean ?

The same goes for the investment column.