Google Finance Intraday data not getting downloaded!!

cloudTrader

I dont think fetching data from finance.google is illegal .. and being CEO would damage the company repute. why would google pay 50+ Lac /yr to nse for data to be given in public for research purposes in first place if it was illegal?
fetching from nseindia is illegal .. which we saw consequences with MAnshiRT ...
even in US people fetch data from google for backfill purpose.. which google probably knows .

If I was earning 1 lac / month .. i would not even care for the software and its hassles
but when u earn 10k only and give 2k to data feeder which is parallely free from google ... it hurts

Large part of the trading community dont earn 1lac / month ..

All we are asking is a small change in the code and an update and not even daily support for it.
Rest is his wish .
Thanks
Yeah , not saying the work as illegal but was thinking that when he is so against doing even this bit might be he may be thinking on those lines. Anyways it is his wish as he developed the utility.

Lets see if anyone could come up with a similar utility or something on those lines.

okabira

TNB ji i was thinking to edit fetching URL in Josh1 ji's excel and then merge the code from excel given by adesara here ... so that the data stays in excel like from start of the day ... then import the excel in amibroker .?
What you say?

we could still backfill after 5/15 minutes to remove bad ticks. ...

TNB ji i was thinking to edit fetching URL in Josh1 ji's excel and then merge the code from excel given by adesara here ... so that the data stays in excel like from start of the day ... then import the excel in amibroker .?
What you say?

You may try mixing/merging codes, if it works.
Which Joshi ji excel sheet you are referring.

But the issues in the adsera ji excel sheet are:
1. To change symbol name every time
2. To copy output data in new excel sheet
3. To edit/format copied data, as per amibroker feed.

What you say?

You want to do this to backfill real time or eod
and
How many symbols data you required.

trump

I believe I have found the solution to the problem of Google Finance not downloading intraday prices: the domain name (the part at the beginning of the URL) has changed.

It seems Google is now serving data from finance.google.com and not www.google.com. If you use the www domain, you are redirected to finance.google.com, BUT in the process they somehow drop the &i query string parameter that determines the time interval. This defaults you 86400, which gets you daily data only.

So to get 2 days of 1-minute data for Apple, instead of

https://www.google.com/finance/getprices?p=2d&i=60&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&q=AAPL

do this instead:

https://finance.google.com/finance/getprices?p=2d&i=60&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&q=AAPL

Hope this helps :)
Thank you very much for the new URL

tried not working :(
I tried playing around with it, it is buggy but works most of the time. Pls try upgrading to Amibroker v6.20 as this amiquote version came with it and i also upgraded to it... hopefully this should fix it. As always always make a backup/copy of your amibroker folder in program files to a pendrive or something, so you don't end up with a mess in your hands.

euginsa

I tried playing around with it, it is buggy but works most of the time. Pls try upgrading to Amibroker v6.20 as this amiquote version came with it and i also upgraded to it... hopefully this should fix it. As always always make a backup/copy of your amibroker folder in program files to a pendrive or something, so you don't end up with a mess in your hands.
Hi

Thanks for your kind help
Updated to 6.2. But still not working

Thanks in advance

Last edited: