How many years did you trade before 'U'

How many years trading before becoming a sucessful trader?

• From the First Day

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Three Months

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Six Months

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • One Year

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Two Years

Votes: 31 22.6%
  • Three Years

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Four Years

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Five - Ten

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • More than Ten

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters

jagankris

I never traded, open sharekhan account with 2,000 capital. lost all in day trading.. then done some(super huge) research on fundamentally strong stock.. holding alembic pharma since january and had made about 60% profit out of it. I have around huge quantity around 10,000 and will not sell them before 2015.

I also do trade in options, did bought 10 infy call based on my analysis and made a decent ROI of about 100%.

you can call me an investor I don't trade. I want to be in stocks for decades.. so I invest and wait.
Just my view.
Never love a stock.
Why not sell before 2015 ?

Those old days of Warren Buffet,Rakesh Jhunjhunwala are gone.
If you have decent profit trail with stop loss.

There are countless examples where stocks are beaten down to dust.

DLL,TATASteel,SAIL to name a few.

aryan.

Those old days of Warren Buffet,Rakesh Jhunjhunwala are gone.

There are countless examples where stocks are beaten down to dust.

DLL,TATASteel,SAIL to name a few.
Those days have not gone.

Tata Steel and SAIL are beaten down to dust because of fundamental factors.

If you had seen the net profit margin trend of Tata Steel and SAIL both were on a downtrend while the amount of loans they were taking was increasing.

SAIL in 2005 had a profit margin of 22% now its 7%.

Similarly with Tata Steel from a profit margin of 11% its down to 4% with a negative income in 2010.

So focus on the fundamentals to know the real story of the stock because that is what Buffett does.

jagankris

If you had seen the net profit margin trend of Tata Steel and SAIL both were on a downtrend while the amount of loans they were taking was increasing.

Similarly with Tata Steel from a profit margin of 11% its down to 4% with a negative income in 2010.

So focus on the fundamentals to know the real story of the stock because that is what Buffett does.
Whether it is fundamentals or technical have a stop loss.
We don't need reason's for a decline and increase of the stock price.
What we need to be focused is on the risk management.

Nifty trading in the same range for 8 year's.
Any other investment would have given much better returns.

Infy zooming from 100 rs to 40,000 + kind of stocks are not possible to identify.

It is much safer to invest in commodities than stocks.
At least commodities have some intrinsic value not like paper in stocks.

aryan.

Whether it is fundamentals or technical have a stop loss.
We don't need reason's for a decline and increase of the stock price.
What we need to be focused is on the risk management.
If you dont look for a reason then you will end up with a big loss like the investors of tata steel and sail.

You should be focused on risk management which is why you don't invest in a company whose profit margins are falling and debt is increasing.

Nifty trading in the same range for 8 year's.
Any other investment would have given much better returns.
You would have made lot more money if you had invested in individual stocks.

Infy zooming from 100 rs to 40,000 + kind of stocks are not possible to identify.
So who says you have to identify those stocks, just invest your money in good stocks like HDFC Bank, Castrol, you wont make enormous returns but at least you will make above average returns.

It is much safer to invest in commodities than stocks.
At least commodities have some intrinsic value not like paper in stocks.
Wait, what?? Stocks do have an intrinsic value, the intrinsic value is the actual company.

Mr.G

If you dont look for a reason then you will end up with a big loss like the investors of tata steel and sail.

You should be focused on risk management which is why you don't invest in a company whose profit margins are falling and debt is increasing.

You would have made lot more money if you had invested in individual stocks.

So who says you have to identify those stocks, just invest your money in good stocks like HDFC Bank, Castrol, you wont make enormous returns but at least you will make above average returns.

Wait, what?? Stocks do have an intrinsic value, the intrinsic value is the actual company.
Kyun bhehns ke aage been bajja raha hai?

ashu1234

Just read this post.
In my view stocks analysis is very surprising. I've watching this since 2007 in real time. Now in current example of Tata Steel, I remember 2008 crash when it was below its book value i remember it was something around 160.
Now take recent stats posted by aryan about the profit and operating margin stuff to justify the beaten down status of these steel companies, in August Tatasteel made a low of around 200 and has bounced back since then to the current date, and it just got doubled. So did fundamental stuffs like operating margin, loan books or other things changed in such a short term??
Or does the book value term is the thing one wants to argue coz if one goes by the rules one has to buy near or below book value and have to keep invested for a longer term till fundamentals becomes favourable as business cycles turns from loss making to profit making again
I bet these things can't change overnight. And nor can some T.A can trade all the way to 200 to 400, but still we need some tool to justify what we are doing. I just see liquidity(us money thanks to delayed tapering) and current events (election) as driving force at the best of my understanding, otherwise these moves are not justifiable by F.A or T.A.
Share your views on what's your take.:)

amit44

:DI am doing trading from 2008 ..... lost huge money in day trading around 40 lac ..( which I made in my real estate business) ...still a loser .. improvement is just little ... now market can't hit me hard as I play with proper risk management ..but I took emotional trade still now as I was taking in 2008-2009 . from last 1 year I earned 1.5 lac rs and no loss during this period ... I can say now about my trading that I am fully confident about not loosing more money in market but if I say about consistent profit ..I can't comment anything with confident but I will become very successful trader for sure in next 6 months .:clapping::clapping::)

:confused::mad::confused::(

stock72

Finally it took U turn ... after 8 years+

from july 15th to nov 3 rd and till now in profit zone ..

on april 2013
The painful thing is i need to discard my own below statement / guess..
what actually happened after jan 2012....my account blown out ... ( guess sultan - a tj member - warned me then ). Funds ( 100k ) moblised again on oct 2012 with new system / money mangement etc and so far ( till end march 2013 ) 60% profit....
let me wait till oct 2013 and see whether i have made any u turn in past 8 years of trading .....

this is on feb 2012
Originally Posted by stock72 View Post
What happened and happening to me is to continue then though it is too early..... i would say from jan 2012 i took a u turn ... that means after seven years .....