How to import EOD in FCharts

Hi sundy,
I am using FC for a couple of months .My system had crash last week.lost all data .previously i was usig DE utility to download historical data. now it is not functioning. how can i add nse historical data for one year to FC ?

Thanks in Advance

Hi sundy,
I am using FC for a couple of months .My system had crash last week.lost all data .previously i was usig DE utility to download historical data. now it is not functioning. how can i add nse historical data for one year to FC ?

Thanks in Advance
It is always a good idea to back up price data. May be once in 3 months...

I haven't used any software to convert NSE bhavcopy for importing into FCharts. So I can't comment about these converters.

However, try the following method manually.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you intially feed historical data into FCharts, you can do it by downloading bhavcopy for every single trading day. You may find the link in NSE web site under 'historical data'

Presuming your database is 'blank'

1. Goto http://www.nseindia.com/archives/archives.htm
2. Under 'Equities' select 'Bhavcopy' and at the bottom of the page enter the date in dd-mm-yyyy format.
3. Click 'Get it' and you will find the zip file links for *.csv and *.dbf file.
4. Save the *.csv into your disk.

To convert the bhavcopy from *.csv format to the one that FCharts recognizes please visit this link:

http://www.traderji.com/f-chart/15055-how-import-eod-fcharts-10.html#post406857

4. Import into FCharts. You may get around 1300+ stocks.
5. Repeat this procedure till you get today's date.

If you are downloading since 2009

approximately 250 trading days in a year * 1.25 = 312 *.csv files.

After you do this, goto NSE website and look for changes in trading symbols. You need to change symbols in FCharts.

There may be several stocksplits, bonus, rights issues. You need to 'split' stocks in FCharts.

Some stocks may have disappeared/delisted since 2009. You will need to delete those from your database too.

If you think the procedure is tedious and cumbersome, find someone who will supply you data. May be an online friend....

Fchart Pro Software Can Be Used For All Markets. I Have Been Useing For Last 6 Years. You Can Download Eod From Nse With A Data Extractor Which I Have Downloaded From This Forum Which Is Attached Herewith. After Unzipping The Sofware Please Create Two Folders. Now Open The Data Extractor Please Select Path In Source Folder For Downloading And Select Destination Folder For Data Converting For Fcharts. In Data Links Please Tick Eod And Indices. Then Select Data Range For Downloading. Now You Download Data As Per Date Range And Then Convert. After Conversation Of Data Format. Please Open Fchart Click Import And Export Button Then Click Import Price Files. Select The Path Where You Have Stored Converted Data And Complete Importing. It's Simple. However If You Require Any Further Information, Please Write In This Forum. All Members Of This Forum Is Quite Helpful To Exchange Their Views And Opinion.

Cheers

Himadri
I cannot open the converter software
It shows an error.....what to do ?

You say ... "I cannot open the converter software
It shows an error.....what to do ?"

OK. Ignore the data downloaders. They are an unnecessary duplication.

FCharts can import files downloaded from the NSE directly.

murthymsr

...... Ignore the data downloaders. They are an unnecessary duplication.

FCharts can import files downloaded from the NSE directly.
I beg to differ.

NSE Bhav copy has quotes for all the series traded on that day. What a normal investor needs is the EQ /BE series only. Some stocks are repeated under other series also with the same symbol. Filtration of the unnecessary series is the first job of a DataDownloader. TA without series filter is highly unpredictable.

Next, While some TA software like AB accept data in any sequence, some like FCharts insists that data be presented in the standard sequence only. This is the second basic job of a Dataownloader.

It is always better to use a DataDownloader.

But it is not necessary to go for the paywares. There are about half a dozen free data downloaders developed by members of this forum and supported by them.

For the links to those software, go down. The link takes you many other software. All are free.

Some devvelopers run their own homepage for the software where the procedure to import into TA software can be imported. Such detailed info is available in BetBhavCopy.