How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look for "Most Actively Traded Scrips" on nseindia.com during trading hours. Select scrips priced between 15-50 Rs. A volume of 5000-10000 isn't a big deal here. So one or two trades of 5-10 paisa and it pays the day's expenses. While the longer term trades provide jam and cream, these scratch trades can provide bread and butter and office expenses.
Dude.. din ka 200 rs hi banana hai kya..? then to one should just stick to their day jobs only.. its not worth it.. the 200 bucks.. plus you are assuming every time you will get both fills... say the times that the other order is not hit, and you end up taking a loss of 20 paise at the minimum. That means both your orders would have to be correct 80% of the times.. really think thats possible ?

and this scenario leaves out the time when one has to take bigger losses.. due to any reason... aur paisa banta bhi hai to aisa paisa bana ke koi mazza nahi aayega...

Dude.. din ka 200 rs hi banana hai kya..? then to one should just stick to their day jobs only.. its not worth it.. the 200 bucks.. plus you are assuming every time you will get both fills... say the times that the other order is not hit, and you end up taking a loss of 20 paise at the minimum. That means both your orders would have to be correct 80% of the times.. really think thats possible ?

and this scenario leaves out the time when one has to take bigger losses.. due to any reason... aur paisa banta bhi hai to aisa paisa bana ke koi mazza nahi aayega...
Piyush, I get your point, but most of the centuries are made up of singles and doubles with an occasional boundary. I did mention in my post that such trades are the bread and butter trades, with stoploss, one can reverse the direction and make up the losses. Maybe it can be used in combination with "Buy Above" and "Sell Below" orders.

Ok.. just my point of view, not very popular, I know. But if you look at SG's trades in "Trading The Bars", you will see many trades for 10-20 pips and maybe 1-2 big moves. That's how I managed to turn around my demo account. Now trying it on stocks.

yes i totally agree with the singles & doubles along with fours and sixes make a centure.. i follow the same philosophy.. i'm not looking to make a killing in a single trade..rather higher chances that i get killed instead.

but i dont want to make my singles and doubles like this.. capturing 5 paisa spreads with large volumes.. id rather trade lower volumes.. trade both long/short, trend & mean reversion.. but try to have winners much larger than my losers.. cant survive with winners being the smallest possible.. and losers being 2x-10x that..

plus in general stocks are just plain ****. despite trying my best i dont consistently make money in equities.. but when it comes to commodities.. its smooth sailing.. the 10-20 pip trades in fx still seems a meaningful way to make money to me.. one can do that in fx and commodities and make money..

yes i totally agree with the singles & doubles along with fours and sixes make a centure.. i follow the same philosophy.. i'm not looking to make a killing in a single trade..rather higher chances that i get killed instead.

but i dont want to make my singles and doubles like this.. capturing 5 paisa spreads with large volumes.. id rather trade lower volumes.. trade both long/short, trend & mean reversion.. but try to have winners much larger than my losers.. cant survive with winners being the smallest possible.. and losers being 2x-10x that..

plus in general stocks are just plain ****. despite trying my best i dont consistently make money in equities.. but when it comes to commodities.. its smooth sailing.. the 10-20 pip trades in fx still seems a meaningful way to make money to me.. one can do that in fx and commodities and make money..

"but when it comes to commodities.. its smooth sailing.. the 10-20 pip trades in fx still seems a meaningful way to make money to me.. one can do that in fx and commodities and make money"...............this i like it...:thumb:.

When someone asks me how to beat any competitive exam in India....be it IIT, ICS, CAT...whatever...i just say two things to follow....

1. Master previous 10 years papers...(Trading Analog - Demo Trading, triple your account).
2. Most (80%) of the selections are by solving EASY questions CORRECTLY....so don't take negative marks in easy questions...even no need to cover tough syllabus... (Trading Analog - Make money in commodities:lol:)....

there are no costs on fx trading done via these brokers who use MT4 etc.. they make their money through the spread between the bid-ask.. bid-ask in interbank mkts is <1 pip.. these brokers offer 1.5-3.5 pips bid-ask.. the difference is their profits..

the profits shown in the demo accounts is after the spreads.. thus if you did actually trade, the profits shown would be the profits you would make..

Status
Not open for further replies.