How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the weekend Analysis and read, check out what Dow can be doing in the start of 2012, there are two possibilities,

1. It can break the H & S and go up, with targets equivalent to depth of head from the neckline.

or

2. It can chop around neckline and breakdown with neckline forming the resistance, how it broke down in July 2011
The targets on the DOW mentioned here seems to have been achieved last week with DOW touching around ~13300, and DOW moving almost 1100 which was the depth of the head from the neckline. Its been consolidating after it touched ~13250 last monday.

NASDAQ moves have been much more sharper, every intraday dip is also bought into and guess thanks to AAPL. But looks like now NAS100/SP500/DOW30 are getting little tired and ready to take a breather.

Last edited:
Long term Brent Chart. Couple of Weekly close above flag pattern/upper channel can be bullish for Brent crude.

http://imageshack.us/f/502/longtermbrentcrude.gif/

PS: @ayush2020, this is long term, not the one you are looking for.
A look at long term Brent Weekly. We have 2 consecutive hanging man on the weekly on brent, 127/127.2 seems so be major resistances, we might head down/consolidate to the blue line.

http://imageshack.us/f/9/bcrude.gif/

But, the long term view is still bullish and not so good news for us. I guess even world is worried about higher gas prices and its kind of taking a breather and thinking whether to move up or not :D looks like eventually it will :(.

1. I am not predicting anything...just using popular TA tools Trendlines, Grand SMAs 100, 200, and Fibonacci price and time retracement...to assess the situation. TREND is Up, assumed.

2. 50% Fibo-Time retracement is already there, but NIFTY may take 62%...i do not know...but it would be better option.

3. Also if NIFTY comes to test 5100 and swing changes to up...my stop loss will be more safe for the long term LONG position.

AT 5100 there are (a) two swing supports, 5077, 5099 (b) 50% price retracement (c) 100 SMA and (d) by then 62% time correction would be done.

4. Stay alert for a bullish WW intraday 5 min or 15 min chart at this 5100 level.

5. For next session - Case 1 - NIFTY must take out 5312 and close higher for uptrend to resume...Case-2 - If we close below 5200 means we are going DOWN at least to 5100. Right now no entry situation.
Adding to Kamleshji's readings, if you look at 5000 PE, the OI addition has been huge. So, we may get close to Kamleshji's targets as early as this thursday.

Apart from watching the levels mentioned above, keep an eye on OI of 5300 CE (OI goes up, eventually 5200 CE OI build up too), 5200 PE (OI Comes down and wont be highest OI anymore) and 5000 PE (goes up and becomes highest OI concentrated strike price). The way 5000 PE OI looks now, seems like its attracting NIFTY towards itself and for long term its good to buy around 5100/5000 for long term with SL of 4850/4700 (If we go below these, I think we would be in a wave C correction which started 15 months back) for those LONG TERM LONGS.

Last edited:

khushi00

Status
Not open for further replies.