How to Trade in Nifty options for intraday gain

buy nifty 5300 ce 5 lot at 73, 5200 pe 5 lot at 94 and sell 5200 ce 2 lot at 127 and 5300 pe 2 lot at 137 max loss Rs4000 profit Rs11000 abv 5350 or blw 5150 hold 5 days- this strategy will benifit you from raise in volatility it is the combination of 5/2 call and put spread

alroyraj

When the volatility fluctuates drastically how to factor this into our trading plan? The example you gave is good but suppose after calculating the call and put options to consider it comes to something 4866 and 4987 then what to do?
ANy adjystments for gap up or gap downs?

Last edited:
Hi Saumya,

I just came across your post and then went to your website to know more. It is highly impressive. However, there are some concepts of Gann etc. which need further elucidation so that we new to derivatives can take advantage of the volatility in stock markets, just like these last few days.

Risk Mgt. should also be explained in greater detail. Can you help more to the groups?

Please also comment on daily movements in the evening so that before the market reopens next day, we could be psychologically ready to move with the tide-up or down.

Thanks.

Sharad Kapadia

When the volatility fluctuates drastically how to factor this into our trading plan? The example you gave is good but suppose after calculating the call and put options to consider it comes to something 4866 and 4987 then what to do?
ANy adjystments for gap up or gap downs?
it is a good question. volatility raise is good for the option trader. same time the fall in volatility also favour some strategy. as per your question if volatility estimate give the picture of 4866 or 4987 you must round it to the nearest strike like 5000 and 4900. the most simplest thing in volatility is if it chanages drastically then you will get benifited quickly.

Hi Saumya,

I just came across your post and then went to your website to know more. It is highly impressive. However, there are some concepts of Gann etc. which need further elucidation so that we new to derivatives can take advantage of the volatility in stock markets, just like these last few days.

Risk Mgt. should also be explained in greater detail. Can you help more to the groups?

Please also comment on daily movements in the evening so that before the market reopens next day, we could be psychologically ready to move with the tide-up or down.

Thanks.

Sharad Kapadia
dear sharad !
i always love to help the indian traders and it is the gole of my life to educate them. however due to lot of other involvements i am left with little time to post in this forum. however traderji is the best forum till date i have explored into many experienced traders are shareing their view in this forum. i will certainly look in to your idea and find some time to share in this group within few days.

thnx
soumya ranjan

My call for 5th may 2010 "buy nifty 5100 ce 5 lots at 95 and sell 5000 ce 2 lots at 154 max loss Rs 4500 blw 5000 profit Rs 9000 above 5150 hold 3 days - what is the margin requirements for this trade?

fabrics

My call for 5th may 2010 "buy nifty 5100 ce 5 lots at 95 and sell 5000 ce 2 lots at 154 max loss Rs 4500 blw 5000 profit Rs 9000 above 5150 hold 3 days - what is the margin requirements for this trade?
I bought PE 5000 @ 106 & pe 4900 @ 77/-.Should i kick myself?

rrmhatre72

I have been following Mr Ranjan's free tips on http://www.smartfinancein.com/free-nifty-call.php
and it works like magic,for those who would want to eat the fish and then learn how to fish, this is one site worth following.
Disclaimer:I have nothing to do with smart finance nor with Mr Ranjan,and nor do i promote any sites what so ever.:thumb:
Somebody help me understanding that site info.
e.g. today's trade recomendation is as follows.
call for 4th June 2010 buy nifty 5100 pe 5 lots at 111 and sell 5200 pe 2 lots at 163 and buy 5100 ce at 93 max loss Rs2.5k profit Rs3.6k intraday

This indicate risk & reward. But I could not understand how is it calculated.
I mean to say at what level of Nifty spot, we will have max profit or what level we will have max loss?

Last edited: