How to trade with an oscillator

There is a bearish cross-over of stoch on Weeklies.

So, trade based on the divergence on dailies may not be a highly rewarding
trade. The price may reach upto the weekly TL, at the max.

In my limited experience, I observe that taking confirmation from a higher TF
is essential for stoch-based trades. Such confirmation will give a high probability set-up.
Yes, the weekly is showing a bearish trend, and the monthly is showing an uptrend. On the weekly I can't say whether there is a divergence, only a bearish crossover.

Dear ST,
On 30 min chart we can see stoc osc is below 20 level nearly 8 bars, can we expect any pull back, and at high level can we short sell nifty futures. please reply
regards,

anjanbm

Last edited:
Dear ST,
On 30 min chart we can see stoc osc is below 20 level nearly 8 bars, can we expect any pull back, and at high level can we short sell nifty futures. please reply
regards,

anjanbm
Nifty Futures now to be traded from short side. Wait for a pullback and then when we get a signal, go short.

Smart_trade

dear ST,
hats off to you...good pull back.
what we can expect now?
See how the stoch played out.. OS for >5 bars, pullback, reversal without entering OB zone - that gave a shorting opportunity for about 50 pts. Then again reversal without entering the OS zone - opportunity to go long. Now the stochs are >5 bars in OB zone, so any pullbacks may be traded as opportunity to go long.

PS: Stoch setting is 8,3,4.

Smart,
What are the reasons for yr inference for uptrend?
Assuming wrt yr previous entry,if the trend has not changed,what signals u would be looking into for entering short?
When the market closed above 5314.95 ( high made in yesterday's 9:30 bar )the trend on 30 min which is our higher timeframe has changed from down to up.

If there is no trend change, then I will look to enter short trade on our usual stochastics critaria trade, then failure to make new top, lower top/lower bottom formation after a rally etc... but now the trend is up...so trade from long side...till the trend changes to down or sideways....dont short in strong uptrend based on any oscillator signal.

Smart_trade

Dear ST,
On daily stc still it is in sell sgnl, is it ok to take early stc buy sgnls on 30 min or 60 min rather than waiting for daily to give buy sgnl on stch.

regards,
anjanbm