How to trade with an oscillator

VJAY

Dear krish,
Am told of my trade....but as per this oscilator trade there is trade on this bar..........only
given my views as you are no trades as per this method :)

prst

friends,

do u feel it is better to trade with a combination of rsi and stochs for swing trades?

i trade with rsi of 14 days and slow stochs of 8.
is this correct or needs modifications?

Dear krish,
Am told of my trade....but as per this oscilator trade there is trade on this bar..........only
given my views as you are no trades as per this method :)
I would like to share an important phenomenon regarding oscillator overbought/oversold conditions. Whenever an oscillator like Stochastics,( or even RSI,ROC etc ) stays above the overbought limit for more than 5 bars without taking a dip from overbought to neutral zone....the market has a lot of steam left further to go up, market then continues upward journey,then comes down,then goes into overbought zone again but shows negative divergence and then only it comes down...till then it keeps making higher tops. This is a very strong bullish signal to trade.....
smart_trade
Based on above strategy I was trying to enter at 2:40 pm 19th july above candle with filter but saved by filter.
yes as you have said no trades as per this method.

Last edited:

VJAY

I would like to share an important phenomenon regarding oscillator overbought/oversold conditions. Whenever an oscillator like Stochastics,( or even RSI,ROC etc ) stays above the overbought limit for more than 5 bars without taking a dip from overbought to neutral zone....the market has a lot of steam left further to go up, market then continues upward journey,then comes down,then goes into overbought zone again but shows negative divergence and then only it comes down...till then it keeps making higher tops. This is a very strong bullish signal to trade.....
smart_trade
Based on above strategy I was trying to enter at 2:40 pm 19th july above candle with filter but saved by filter.
yes as you have said no trades as per this method.
Hope chart will talk more than words what am tryed to convey you....

moon_moon

you using sharekhan.. you should be care full . coz there stochastic indicator is not right
plz compare with other software like amibroker or metastock ,,, then use

Still trying to understand divergences. Simplistically, I understand that a divergence is created when the candles are trending one way and the oscillator is trending the other way..?? theek hai kya?

What kind of divergence would this be, if any?

you using sharekhan.. you should be care full . coz there stochastic indicator is not right
plz compare with other software like amibroker or metastock ,,, then use
The stoch settings are fully customisable in TradeTiger.