how you will "BUY" an option.."NO OI TALKS, NO OPTION WRITING" 30-50% is profit tgt

nitingosavi

Re: how you will "BUY" an option.."NO OI TALKS, NO OPTION WRITING" 30-50% is profit t

Are you crazy ????(forgive my rudeness)
Trying to catch falling knives :mad::mad::mad:

Have you check whether the sector is showing strength?
With all the global markets meltdown , one should not possibly hope for a bounce on the same day.
Amit sir,

I was not expecting a bounce today..but i was not expecting this much fall also in a single day.
thats why position size is very very less than my usual..
tata steel blown of everything like s/l , supports in cash which i had had in my mind.. but call is still with me.
after the trade i realized its big mistake. its really a crazy trade!

another was future tatapower i exited @64.20 which almost 80% covered my cost of tatasteel call.

nitingosavi

Re: how you will "BUY" an option.."NO OI TALKS, NO OPTION WRITING" 30-50% is profit t

A very big thanks for your kind words.:clapping:

Can you please summarize for all of us what have you learnt, so that all of us can learn/re-learn?
Nitin,

Can you please tell what were the new thinking - "which definitely given me some way of thinking abt charts.! ".

And I was messing with the charts - Pls elaborate more.

These insights could be valuable.
I am trying to explain what i learned. I am not sure if i will be able to express exactly what i want to say.

earlier my TA knowledge was.....
I was knowing indicators many of them divergences etc..moving averages/crossovers. some patterns like HnS, inverted HnS, double top /bottom, triangles wedges, and many more...some or more theories, Gann or other methods.a big collection of different AFLs. some basic knowledge to edit AFL on trial and error basis to suit my needs..in fact you can say i was knowing most things that anyone who is interested in TA knows.
My trades were mainly based on indicators O/B, O/S zones+ divergence with price.and those patterns. and I was trading !
some trades were huge success and many were failures.. same patterns same indicators still trades were big failure. then i started to try to find more pin pointed entries with the help of more indicators..overlapping them on one another using diff parameters etc. still the story was same.. some big earners many big failures!
I was not knowing the price action is the most important indicator. if a trade was successful i was trying to find similar indicator situations.. and was finalizing that this share will rise or fall ! you can guess what would have happened.

now what i learned here in recent days on Traderji.
. Price action comes before any other indicator. learned to define preferences.
. Whatever I know i learned to try to put those things together.
. I must have a rule set. this i found In Anil trivedi sir's thread. like trendline break and retest. or breaking "xyz" trendline is just a 1st sign of weakness/strength .but yet its not a confirmed trade. I focused on above mentioned two parameters. and slowly started to understand what a trendline really tries to tell us.
. learned not try to trade all patterns.. rather try to understand them slowly one by one.. focus just 2-3.
. Its now defined to me that I will trade only short to very short term trades and I am not investor.
. i somewhat understood the concept of breakout and ranges In Amit sir's thread . and tried to apply it in a short-very short term basis. and getting some more success.
. learned to use at least two diff time frame charts comparison before deciding to trade, it gives more clearer picture.
. Most important things I think, I learned, are any chart pattern can repose itself as some diff chart pattern as trades goes on ! any trend line also can loose its importance to other as price action goes on.
.though I am not a pure price action trader.. now I use indicators as second opinion to confirm probability of success of the trade.

yet struggling with
1. volume and its behavior.
2. how to stay in a trade with TSL. and targets.
3. a big headache.... S/L, how to define it. how to save s/l getting hit in spikes. that is why i opt to trade options more and without s/l (silly thing)
4. Discipline.. a very weak front of mine. trying hard. yet unable to get rid from habit to try to catch tops and bottoms. and breaks own rule set just because of habit of predefining trades..guessing short term tops and bottoms.

Last edited:

amitrandive

I am trying to explain what i learned. I am not sure if i will be able to express exactly what i want to say.

I was knowing indicators many of them divergences etc..moving averages/crossovers. some patterns like HnS, inverted HnS, double top /bottom, triangles wedges, and many more...some or more theories, Gann or other methods.a big collection of different AFLs. some basic knowledge to edit AFL on trial and error basis to suit my needs..in fact you can say i was knowing most things that anyone who is interested in TA knows.
My trades were mainly based on indicators O/B, O/S zones+ divergence with price.and those patterns. and I was trading !
some trades were huge success and many were failures.. same patterns same indicators still trades were big failure. then i started to try to find more pin pointed entries with the help of more indicators..overlapping them on one another using diff parameters etc. still the story was same.. some big earners many big failures!
I was not knowing the price action is the most important indicator. if a trade was successful i was trying to find similar indicator situations.. and was finalizing that this share will rise or fall ! you can guess what would have happened.

. I must have a rule set. this i found In Anil trivedi sir's thread. like trendline break and retest. or breaking "xyz" trendline is just a 1st sign of weakness/strength .but yet its not a confirmed trade. I focused on above mentioned two parameters. and slowly started to understand what a trendline really tries to tell us.
. learned not try to trade all patterns.. rather try to understand them slowly one by one.. focus just 2-3.
. Its now defined to me that I will trade only short to very short term trades and I am not investor.
. i somewhat understood the concept of breakout and ranges In Amit sir's thread . and tried to apply it in a short-very short term basis. and getting some more success.
. learned to use at least two diff time frame charts comparison before deciding to trade, it gives more clearer picture.
. Most important things I think, I learned, are any chart pattern can repose itself as some diff chart pattern as trades goes on ! any trend line also can loose its importance to other as price action goes on.
.though I am not a pure price action trader.. now I use indicators as second opinion to confirm probability of success of the trade.

yet struggling with
Volume needs to be checked for breaking out of ranges,at important support/resistances,breakouts/breakout failures.
TSL will depend on mostly your entry point and your RR.Ideally TSL will be swing high for shorts and swing low for longs.
3. a big headache.... S/L, how to define it. how to save s/l getting hit in spikes. that is why i opt to trade options more and without s/l (silly thing)
There are no perfect ways about this.Many different methods.Just remember there is no perfect stop loss system.
4. Discipline.. a very weak front of mine. trying hard. yet unable to get rid from habit to try to catch tops and bottoms. and breaks own rule set just because of habit of predefining trades..guessing short term tops and bottoms.
You know your weakness, that is very good.Then you have to work on yourself.
I am sure Anilji will provide his valuable guidance on the above
Just 2 cents , my replies in Blue above

nitingosavi

bought 8000 calls @ 2.6
bought 7950 calls @ 8.6

expecting the unexpected... 7980--8000+

no logic.. no rule.... gamble 1000 qty each.

yet struggling with
Nitin Gosavi,
Please refer to my reply above meant for you. Thanks.

nitingosavi

bought Infosys 1100 puts @ 28.
planned to hold.. without stop loss..
sold Infy 1100 puts @ 42 and bought Infy 1040 puts near 16/17 as many lots only out of profit... just before closing.

now capital is withdrawn.... Lets Wait !!

nitingosavi

sold Infy 1100 puts @ 42 and bought Infy 1040 puts near 16/17 as many lots only out of profit... just before closing.

now capital is withdrawn.... Lets Wait !!
now trading @ 22 may close near 21-22... next two days I am expecting good rise in infy 1040 puts ... lets hope for the best..

SBI 240/250 calls in watch list... will wait to enter.... need some confirmation

nitingosavi

tatasteel fut daily live.

will buy tatasteel 240 calls near todays close or tom morning.. already bought a few @ 6.50