Importing Live feed from ODIN into TA software

Re: Importin Live feed from ODIN into TA software

the compression system which is used is xceedzip however let me tell you they also use SSL to protect interception by other software so i dont think you can intercept the brodcast server data. the function of odin which is used to export quotes to excel file is not available anymore, i guess that was with older versions. the softwares which import data to TA softwares they use a different method alltogether. i have intercepted the data which is transmitted from brodcast server if you want i can post the file as well. however that would be of no use. i will try to check the streaming compression part as well. i will be glad to help in anyway to make it possible. any kind of information that you can provide will go a long way to make it possible.
I was just hoping that they would leave the broadcast stream from security, for performance reasons. If it is SSL, then we can forget even dreaming of capturing!

D

darsh_goswami

Friends too techi stuff!!! All above my head :D
In simple language... wht should be done to get data to MS? :)

Regards
Alrite make it simple ,..
To get Odin data into Excel u will need Odin Client version ( not diet ).

Next step should be ,.. A DDE Converter ( like DDEChartupdater ) which will convert ur data from Excel to MS in real time without a blink delay.

Enjoy...

Regards,.
Darsh

milkyblack

Alrite make it simple ,..
To get Odin data into Excel u will need Odin Client version ( not diet ).

Next step should be ,.. A DDE Converter ( like DDEChartupdater ) which will convert ur data from Excel to MS in real time without a blink delay.

Enjoy...

Regards,.
Darsh
Hi Darsh,

Sorry for the delay in replying... missed it somehow!
Thanks for your help! But I have ODIN Diet... :(

Regards

milind

I also have ODIN diet, and haven't found any elegant way of connecting data feed to amibroker. So I have resorted to a crude way - okay for trading NF and couple other stocks on 5min chart. I have cron job converting ODIN data files to a format importable into amibroker every minute. I haven't gotten around writing a javascript to import it in amibroker periodically, I do it manually for now. Its still much better to look at the charts in amibroker than the ODIN tickchart.

-- Milind

D

darsh_goswami

I also have ODIN diet, and haven't found any elegant way of connecting data feed to amibroker. So I have resorted to a crude way - okay for trading NF and couple other stocks on 5min chart. I have cron job converting ODIN data files to a format importable into amibroker every minute. I haven't gotten around writing a javascript to import it in amibroker periodically, I do it manually for now. Its still much better to look at the charts in amibroker than the ODIN tickchart.

-- Milind
DEar Milind,..

Ur pretty right as importing data from ODIN Diet to any TA software is headache coz ODIN Diet is absolute crap in writting data to any format.

Yeah , there are more simple ways to fetch data into Amibroker ( As much as i know , it is far more better in reading data from external sources as compared to Metastock or any other proggy. ) U can try using PIB to Amibroker , there are plenty of new utilities. But I would still like to fetch data from Excel to Metastock , coz No software can stand against Metastock ( atleast 4 me coz im bugged with other progs ). Lets hope soon we will have some good utility for Metastock also. ( As metastock is crud in reading external sources data ).

Regards,..
Darsh

Re: Realtime TA software Funex

Hi Friends,
Funex is coming out with a news software with almost world best indicators and very sharp features.
You people will definitly like it

Re: Realtime TA software Funex

in pib intraday chart, at right hand bottom, you can change the periodicity of the chart from 1 minute onwards to any minutes