Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

prada

Nifty update: Nifty looks quite ripe for a 5-6% correction wherein one should look to cover existing short positions. The nature of correction will set the tone for the next leg of the run. Once the move plays out, I will post my analysis as to whether I've changed my stance on the index or whether I stay put. Although, I've been on the wrong side of the market, hedging my shorts at the right time minimized the losses and I'm confident that market will reward my patience with the opportunity to exit my shorts with profit. As long as one is extremely clear with the strategy in place, irrespective of where the market moves, one will be in a position to consistently make money in the market.

BTW: @ Eagleone, I got to read your whole message before you edited the same. Irrespective of whoever it was directed at, it was quite interesting. No idea as to why you edited it.

EagleOne

Nifty update: Nifty looks quite ripe for a 5-6% correction wherein one should look to cover existing short positions. The nature of correction will set the tone for the next leg of the run. Once the move plays out, I will post my analysis as to whether I've changed my stance on the index or whether I stay put. Although, I've been on the wrong side of the market, hedging my shorts at the right time minimized the losses and I'm confident that market will reward my patience with the opportunity to exit my shorts with profit. As long as one is extremely clear with the strategy in place, irrespective of where the market moves, one will be in a position to consistently make money in the market.

BTW: @ Eagleone, I got to read your whole message before you edited the same. Irrespective of whoever it was directed at, it was quite interesting. No idea as to why you edited it.
It was not pointed at anyone, Prada. Least of all at a gentleman like you. It was just a spontaneous but lateral piece of flow of my thoughts, which later I felt would make a fine addition to the book I am planning to write on trading in a year or so. Hence, deleted. Just like I deleted presently a post in ST bhai's Nifty 50 thread. :)
Thanks, nonetheless, for finding it interesting - also for letting me know. Next time I would be lightening swift in deleting before they get 'interesting' to someone! :D

Sorry for the inconvenience.

DSM

Irrespective of how your trade pans out, it is always a pleasure to read your post - simple, insightful, clear on strategy and the best - showing patience to play positionally for the long run. Again, not to say that the market cannot move against the position, but still post like yours are the reason I come to TJ. Thank you Prada. Win or loose in this trade, you are a class apart.

DSM

Hmmm.... I missed it. Prada finds your post interesting, says a lot. Wonder what it was!

:)

It was not pointed at anyone, Prada. Least of all at a gentleman like you. It was just a spontaneous but lateral piece of flow of my thoughts, which later I felt would make a fine addition to the book I am planning to write on trading in a year or so. Hence, deleted. Just like I deleted presently a post in ST bhai's Nifty 50 thread. :)
Thanks, nonetheless, for finding it interesting - also for letting me know. Next time I would be lightening swift in deleting before they get 'interesting' to someone! :D

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Great analysis 5 to 6% correction..from 6100..is about 5700..5600.......
i guess you must continue with your hedge market is clear to shoot ..6200+
just 5950 is SL..50 point risk. Your prediction may come true only when spot
close below 5950...your are always predict big fall ..correction...never been positive..giving higher targets of 6300..6500 i don't know why..?
Nifty shot up from 5200....to 6000+ earlier you bent on saying correction..
yes it did corrected up to 5460..after reaching 6100+..what is the clear purpose of your TA..long term short term..what so ever..
long or short with a proper sl..that is what lay man want from you..
next time be specific no hanky panky business like hedging.. even sl hit no one bother's ..it is part and parcel of trading...
Even now you be clear are you short or long and what is your sl....

Great analysis 5 to 6% correction..from 6100..is about 5700..5600.......
i guess you must continue with your hedge market is clear to shoot ..6200+
just 5950 is SL..50 point risk. Your prediction may come true only when spot
close below 5950...your are always predict big fall ..correction...never been positive..giving higher targets of 6300..6500 i don't know why..?
Nifty shot up from 5200....to 6000+ earlier you bent on saying correction..
yes it did corrected up to 5460..after reaching 6100+..what is the clear purpose of your TA..long term short term..what so ever..
long or short with a proper sl..that is what lay man want from you..
next time be specific no hanky panky business like hedging.. even sl hit no one bother's ..it is part and parcel of trading...
Even now you be clear are you short or long and what is your sl....
This time, I agree with Stock Trendy. I have been observing this post since a long time. I have always seen Prada giving only correction views. Even other posters like sudoku, keeps changing their views from long to short to long, even though they are very late in their prediction (Predicted long at 5900 after nifty corrected till 5477 and bounced back to 6100). Of course, they follow their system, and when their system says the trend has changed, they change their view.

But in this post, there is no trend setter. It is always correction. Hence the title "Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis" does not seem correct. So we would like to know Prada's strategy.

There are traders who trade in long and short, there are traders who trade only long, and there are traders who trade only short. Is Prada one of the trader who trades only short??? It is not bad to be a short trader, but it would be nice to know if the views provided by Prada are for short traders only.

This time, I agree with Stock Trendy. I have been observing this post since a long time. I have always seen Prada giving only correction views.
But in this post, there is no trend setter. It is always correction. Hence the title "Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis" does not seem correct. So we would like to know Prada's strategy.

There are traders who trade in long and short, there are traders who trade only long, and there are traders who trade only short. Is Prada one of the trader who trades only short??? It is not bad to be a short trader, but it would be nice to know if the views provided by Prada are for short traders only.
To be fair, each has his own way of trading and market is flexible enough to humour a few..What I fail to understand is how you make money by hedging such extremes... in Prada's own terms he's been short since Nifty was around 5840...Now that is 160 points in the red... when you hedge, if you dont use ratio hedging, then basically you are just cutting your stop loss.. .in essence if you have hedged with Options with delta approaching 1, you would have saved close to 60-70 points... so to make any meaningful profits, the market would have to swing 6-7% from these levels in a unidirectional way.. even after that you would be barely making 2-3% profit as you have hedged... you wouldnt look at taking off your hedge until 5900 cracks... so you are essentially locking your profits in a market swing of 10-15%, you are making a gain of 2-3%... that may be your method... and nothing wrong in that... but i have never understood how you would benefit from your trades

Last edited:

Nifty now @ 6150... from 5-6% correction it looks like heading to 5-6% upside