Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

Relish

Gap made on 13/09/2012 is going to be filled within the next few trading sessions.
I am asking very basic question. What is criteria to consider gap filling ? I know there is sometime gap up opening or gap down opening; but not able to understand concept of gap filling ? :annoyed:

Gap made on 13/09/2012 is going to be filled within the next few trading sessions.
Very interesting point. Not sure if this has already been discussed in the thread before, but here are some observations from Sep 2012 period:
- Mkt had gap up of 104 points from 6-sep-2012 to 7-sep-2012 [Friday] [C-C]
- Then it had gradual movement of 93 pts for remaining 5 days.
- Again, it had a gap up of 142 pts from 13 to 14 sep.
- Note, 13th was a Perfect Doji -Open/Close were same!

We have not seen any such major gaps for a period of time since then. So, if it starts filling the gap, will there be multiple fills to close the gaps all the way down to 5217/5238 - Open/Close positions of 6-Sep-2012?

One more thing; if we observe today(12-Aug-13), we can see a Bullish Engulfing pattern, after a series of negative closings.

With this, I am just curious whether mkt will move up for some time (to hit the peak) before crashing down to close the gaps observed during Sep-12 or will there be more interesting situations? So, are there any short term bullish positions for 5-6 sessions before we start hurling down :-(.

What do you think of these, how are they going to evolve? Appreciate if you could put some light/analysis on these points.

Warm regards,
BK.

Very interesting point. Not sure if this has already been discussed in the thread before, but here are some observations from Sep 2012 period:
- Mkt had gap up of 104 points from 6-sep-2012 to 7-sep-2012 [Friday] [C-C]
- Then it had gradual movement of 93 pts for remaining 5 days.
- Again, it had a gap up of 142 pts from 13 to 14 sep.
- Note, 13th was a Perfect Doji -Open/Close were same!

We have not seen any such major gaps for a period of time since then. So, if it starts filling the gap, will there be multiple fills to close the gaps all the way down to 5217/5238 - Open/Close positions of 6-Sep-2012?

One more thing; if we observe today(12-Aug-13), we can see a Bullish Engulfing pattern, after a series of negative closings.

With this, I am just curious whether mkt will move up for some time (to hit the peak) before crashing down to close the gaps observed during Sep-12 or will there be more interesting situations? So, are there any short term bullish positions for 5-6 sessions before we start hurling down :-(.

What do you think of these, how are they going to evolve? Appreciate if you could put some light/analysis on these points.

Warm regards,
BK.
:confused: Today a bullish engulfing pattern ?? Today was a doji on nifty spot (open 5606.7, close 5612.4)

:confused: Today a bullish engulfing pattern ?? Today was a doji on nifty spot (open 5606.7, close 5612.4)
Oops, my mistake. I was referring to wrong set. It was bullish engulfing on Friday, not today. Thanks for the correction :)...

If you see the trend today (12th), it has formed a Doji, in continuation of pattern. So, it can move either upside or downside.

Will there be possibility of Mkt going up tomorrow, as per Bullish Engulfing behavior?

Regards,
BK.

Oops, my mistake. I was referring to wrong set. It was bullish engulfing on Friday, not today. Thanks for the correction :)...

If you see the trend today (12th), it has formed a Doji, in continuation of pattern. So, it can move either upside or downside.

Will there be possibility of Mkt going up tomorrow, as per Bullish Engulfing behavior?

Regards,
BK.
The IIP Data is not very encouraging, the international cues are not very encouraging, SBIN results are not very encouraging. So there is very little incentive for the Nifty to go up.

Who knows, the IIP figure may finally push USDINR to the 62 mark..