Interactive Brokers

Hi Guys,

Are you using API for Excel? How does that work real time for futures?
Is there any lag between data in TWS and the Excel?
Why Excel ? We are using a plugin which picks up data from TWS and fills in Amibroker. No lag in TWS ans Ami....it works pretty well.It has a backfill facility also and it also updates the charts in real time.

Smart_trade

Thanks for your reply Smart_trade,

How much historical daily bars do you get and what about historical intraday bars?
They say 5 years for historical daily bars and 6 months for historical intraday bars.....not tried it as max I need is 2-3 months.

ST

soft_trader

Need to take up this matter with NSE and SEBI to see what their reaction is to this dictat.

Smart_trade
Yes you need to inform NSE/SEBI.

I wonder how can a broker decide to close it's door when market is functioning. :confused::(

Erokom borolok broker er theke choto khato broker onek bhalo. At-least tara bondho kore na. :(

Hey I need some advise.

I am not a day trader. I would buy stocks and keep (few months or long) and then sell them later.

I have a portfolio of about 70-80 lakhs.

So should I go for IB (for its cheap brokerage on delivery of .05) and is it safe for my money (as i would keep money and shares for long term)?

Or should I stick to some bank (as they are safer) like Kotak, IDBI (but their brokerage is high)?

Please experts suggest and give your valuable inputs! thanks.