internet connection-reliance forced to upgrade to 4g

natjay

My wipod is working, but at 3G. Visited Reliance store today and was told that I will have to buy the dongle for Rs. 1599. It will take 24 to 48 hours to activate. The 3g will stop working anytime they said :( :mad:

Haven't yet applied for 4G upgrade.
Wait, you have to buy one more device now? I don't see a dongle listed on Rcom's 4G page, so wonder what they're up to now. By the way, didn't you get the 4G WiPod about a month or so ago? And they're saying that you have to shell out to buy a new dongle now? What happens to the WiPod then? That's not good.

If it helps, you might want to look at open dongles in this scenario. I'm using a Huawei dongle purchased from Amazon for about 1600. Even though it's 3G + WiFi, it supports 4G-level speeds too (it has automatic 3G+ mode which, for most practical purposes, is as good as 4G). That way, you won't have to buy (or change) new devices at the whim's of Rcom/RJio management and sales guys.

wisp

Wait, you have to buy one more device now? I don't see a dongle listed on Rcom's 4G page, so wonder what they're up to now. By the way, didn't you get the 4G WiPod about a month or so ago? And they're saying that you have to shell out to buy a new dongle now? What happens to the WiPod then? That's not good.

If it helps, you might want to look at open dongles in this scenario. I'm using a Huawei dongle purchased from Amazon for about 1600. Even though it's 3G + WiFi, it supports 4G-level speeds too (it has automatic 3G+ mode which, for most practical purposes, is as good as 4G). That way, you won't have to buy (or change) new devices at the whim's of Rcom/RJio management and sales guys.

Does Huwaei dongle work with Reliance 4G SIM?

natjay

Does Huwaei dongle work with Reliance 4G SIM?
Yes, it is able to recognize Reliance signals and work on GSM/3G/4G (I'm in Mumbai circle, if that matters). I have 2 prepaid and 1 postpaid sim from Reliance. One 3G sim and one 4G sim are prepaid while one GSM/3G sim is postpaid. I'm able to connect through all 3 sims via this open dongle. The speed test I posted earlier in this thread is proof of that.

princy01

Guys I have applied for bsnl broadband for backup as my airtel broadband sometimes have issues, can anyone please confirm to me that suppose I am using NSE NOW for trading and currently on airtel broadband in wifi ........... If there is problem and I switch to bsnl broadband wifi,......... Will I have to restart NSE NOW? Or It will just immediately start data feed without any issues?

raynor

yes broad band problem all over the places.. have to landlin e broadbands.. go use load sharing router.. if one connection goes.. other will provide back up.. aitel, act reliance hathway bsnl youbroadband etc

niftytaurus

Hi
Reading all the posts , I can understand that internet is a big problem in india..I am writing my experience about it..i hopw it helps..
I have 4-5 internet connection..now I am sorting them out slowly..
I had 2 connection of dongle from reliance..I told them to close 1..but they dont ..their customer services doesnt work ..called them many times but couldnt go through..their reliance gallery guy also tried but he also failed to contact them..I am paying monthly bills for both connection from last so many monthes..but still I couldnt get 4g/3g..or evEN nORMAL 2g IS NOT COMING..means no internet connection from last 2-3 monthes & I am paying..applied for 4g also as they told..but no wifi pod..applied , emailed them, but no response..
So I am just waiting & paying bills..decided to closed 1 connection & keep one whenever they give service ..i hope thye close my other connection..I was using reliance for last 3 years in trading...so continuing that 1 connection also despite having so many problems..
2) my next connection is AIRTEL 4G..i bought wifi pod for 2000 rs & paying monthly bill also..used it for 4-5 monthes..here same problem..let alone 4g, there is no connection ..atleast reliance 2g was giving 2g..here no internet..wifi pod works with electricity only & after charging also, I HAVE TO find places in some window..so here also my money wasted...applied for close
3) so now when i DONT HAVE ANY net connection..I applied hurriedly last month for TATA PHOTON..it is working..but after every week, it showed that my monthly plan data is finished..need to reload ..I dont know I am using same data as I used to use..but ok..its just helping to continue my data feed & zerodha platform...but it also stops sometimes & my data feed & zerodha stops..thats very scary..& i really dont know when it stops or inteerupt internet..

so now I have only single connection of photon for trading...2 reliance & 1 airtel is useless now..

4) To taking a new broadband connection, I called hathway..but after giving 2 calls to them, no body is calling to give new connections..thats making me more worried..I thought they must be good..but they are not intrested in new connection or what..? so I am just worried ..
so after spending so much money on internet, I am not getting good services ..what to do now?
I am really frustated with this all internet companies.
thanks

What's your location ?
Hi
Reading all the posts , I can understand that internet is a big problem in india..I am writing my experience about it..i hopw it helps..
I had 2 connection of dongle from reliance..I told them to close 1..but they dont ..their customer services doesnt work ..called them many times but couldnt go through..their reliance gallery guy also tried but he also failed to contact them..I am paying monthly bills for both connection from last so many monthes..but still I couldnt get 4g/3g..or evEN nORMAL 2g IS NOT COMING..means no internet connection from last 2-3 monthes & I am paying..applied for 4g also as they told..but no wifi pod..applied , emailed them, but no response..
So I am just waiting & paying bills..decided to closed 1 connection & keep one whenever they give service ..i hope thye close my other connection..I was using reliance for last 3 years in trading...so continuing that 1 connection also despite having so many problems..
2) my next connection is AIRTEL 4G..i bought wifi pod for 2000 rs & paying monthly bill also..used it for 4-5 monthes..here same problem..let alone 4g, there is no connection ..atleast reliance 2g was giving 2g..here no internet..wifi pod works with electricity only & after charging also, I HAVE TO find places in some window..so here also my money wasted...applied for close
3) so now when i DONT HAVE ANY net connection..I applied hurriedly last month for TATA PHOTON..it is working..but after every week, it showed that my monthly plan data is finished..need to reload ..I dont know I am using same data as I used to use..but ok..its just helping to continue my data feed & zerodha platform...but it also stops sometimes & my data feed & zerodha stops..thats very scary..& i really dont know when it stops or inteerupt internet..

so now I have only single connection of photon for trading...2 reliance & 1 airtel is useless now..

4) To taking a new broadband connection, I called hathway..but after giving 2 calls to them, no body is calling to give new connections..thats making me more worried..I thought they must be good..but they are not intrested in new connection or what..? so I am just worried ..
so after spending so much money on internet, I am not getting good services ..what to do now?
thanks

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi

thanks
it is possible that u r residing in bad location. check in open network abt towers of airtel in ur area. i never had problems with airtel as the tower is within 1km radius.
also ask ur neighbours which wired broadband they r using. if many ppl using hathway means they will happily come and set up the connection.

just stop paying reliance . its waste of money .
if u r spending so much then y don u consider getting leased line with a dish, similar to that seen in ATMs