internet connection-reliance forced to upgrade to 4g

niftytaurus

One more speed test while connected through an open unlocked dongle (direct Reliance 3G/4G, not a WiFi hotspot). As you can see, the speeds through the open dongle are better than on WiFi. Even the ping is better.

Hi
They have sent me 4g sim..& now I need to buy new dongle/wifispot..
as you have also mentiones speed is better in open dongle..
My experience is same with airtel 4g..they provide wifi spot..it comes wit so many problems..like charge it after evry 1-2 hours..& even sometimes forget 4g, even normal internet connection comes..
so for reliance I also suspect that whether wifi spot will be good..they are selling only wifi spot..so if I need dongle, how could i get?
thanks

natjay

Hi
They have sent me 4g sim..& now I need to buy new dongle/wifispot..
as you have also mentiones speed is better in open dongle..
My experience is same with airtel 4g..they provide wifi spot..it comes wit so many problems..like charge it after evry 1-2 hours..& even sometimes forget 4g, even normal internet connection comes..
so for reliance I also suspect that whether wifi spot will be good..they are selling only wifi spot..so if I need dongle, how could i get?
thanks
I got the 4G sim for my old Netconnect dongle too but for some reason it's not getting activated despite migration. Since I'm a long-term, heavy user, I actually got an offer to buy the 4G WiPod at a discounted price of around Rs 800 but despite trying multiple times, I could not place the order. Also, the new 4G dongle plans look exorbitant compared to other telecom providers.

So what I did is, I simply got a new Reliance GSM/3G connection, purchased an open dongle from Amazon and used that for my internet purposes. The speeds on that are relatively stable between 1.2 to 2 Mbps.

I'll be going for Reliance 4G only when they launch in a proper way and are able to offer more competitive plans. I remember getting 10GB for a recharge of Rs 797 back in the Netconnect days. Now in 4G, that same 10 GB in prepaid costs Rs 1857

If I'm going to pay that kind of money, I need to know that the network is fast and reliable (which we have still to find out).

Last edited:

Contra

I have some questions that I hope someone can answer.

Does anyone here use Reliance (wifi or dongle) as their primary connection for trading? If so, how reliable is it during live trading sessions, and do you have a backup internet -- is it a fixed line connection or another wireless connection?

Alternatively, if Reliance (wifi or dongle) is your secondary connection then which provider do you use for your primary internet?

Thanks in advance.

I have some questions that I hope someone can answer.

Does anyone here use Reliance (wifi or dongle) as their primary connection for trading? If so, how reliable is it during live trading sessions, and do you have a backup internet -- is it a fixed line connection or another wireless connection?

Alternatively, if Reliance (wifi or dongle) is your secondary connection then which provider do you use for your primary internet?

Thanks in advance.
I use Reliance Netconnect dongle as my primary net connection. Its performance was great...only last 1 month they are migrating to 4G WiFi so the performance has dropped. I use Hathway broadband fixed line connection as standby connection.This connection drops occasionally.

Smart_trade

Reliance netconnect is the ONLY connection I use. I had the netconnect 3 dongle, which they replaced (free of cost) with the 4g wi-pod. The performance is better in Surat and poorly in Delhi. The performance is somewhat better with the 4g wipod. Waiting for full 4g connectivity.

Contra

I use Reliance Netconnect dongle as my primary net connection. Its performance was great...only last 1 month they are migrating to 4G WiFi so the performance has dropped. I use Hathway broadband fixed line connection as standby connection.This connection drops occasionally.

Smart_trade
Reliance netconnect is the ONLY connection I use. I had the netconnect 3 dongle, which they replaced (free of cost) with the 4g wi-pod. The performance is better in Surat and poorly in Delhi. The performance is somewhat better with the 4g wipod. Waiting for full 4g connectivity.
Thank you.

I've been shunting between Reliance and You Broadband for the past 1 month which affected my trading.

The former has been generally reliable but faces congestion on WiFi while the latter is more a relic of the past which is down most of the times. Guess I should look into Hathway as well.

Thank you.

I've been shunting between Reliance and You Broadband for the past 1 month which affected my trading.

The former has been generally reliable but faces congestion on WiFi while the latter is more a relic of the past which is down most of the times. Guess I should look into Hathway as well.
You broadband ?? In which city ? I used them for 12-13 years, then their customer service became very very bad/unresponsive.

Contra

You broadband ?? In which city ? I used them for 12-13 years, then their customer service became very very bad/unresponsive.
In Mumbai.

Been a loyal user since 2007. It was great till about 2014 and has deteriorated in the past 1 year. This past month, it's been totally unusable... But since Vodafone has speculatively purchased You Broadband, I'm guessing they will be forced to change their ways.