Is it good time to invest?

SavantGarde

Hi Starzz,

Please read... again what I have said..... irrespective of the Index where it is there are Scrips ripe for accumulating..... aren't we talking about Investing ?

Big Player or Small Player doesn't matter to Investors...

There is several posts in the mother thread & Chapter-II on Staggered Accumulation & Staggered Exits....

SG

SG, can you feel the confidence in KF's statement?IMHO,he is telling this becoz he will accumulate at those levels himself. He is a big player.

Right now Nifty/Sensex is at 19.8-20 P/E and has corrected alot from 25 but it's still not justifible for investing. Staggered is what you need to do. And probably in mutual funds instead of equity, give tensions of portfolio making to fund manager and you just keep putting money with every 1% downfall. Investors should eye 4200 levels, post UPA figure to jump with all guns and before that arrives, keep investing in top shares or good funds. Right now metals, infra and oil, psu and most banks are at investing levels but as Savant said, staggered method, buy 5-10% of each on radar share on every fall. Lets say LnT or SBI or MnM or Bhel, they keep falling more than a percentage these days, buy in small quantity. If you are getting returns >5%, sell it and wait for your last buying level again. Market runs in cycle and some day some way it'll come to buy bucketfull levels.

Taurus1

Those who are short will say sell, and those who are already long will say buy. :rofl:
Nobody knows exactly what the bottom will be, but there is a possible diesel hike on Jun 9th which could upset the bull apple cart. :p

deneb

To further SG's point look at ITC and Lic housing (lucky enough to get both) fell to 150 during the previous market lows and both are currently trading more than 25% above that price. More than 50% in the case of LIC.

anuragmunjal

Is it good time to invest and build the portfolio? Can anybody guide me? Which are stocks to be consider for the investing 2-3 years time frame.

Thanks,
-Bhargav
Dear friend

though I do not have any investments in the stock markets (I take only speculative trades),I do invest regularly in other assets... if u are not betting/investing ur lifestyle, and as has been suggested by SG, if u do 'staggered accumulation', the best time to invest in any asset class is 'when u can'..

regards