Is it really worth to buy gold at moment

praveen taneja

what about equity mkt that too made top and went down to 8800 and now eyeing top bro its mkt and fall is in paper mkt physical mkt is still strong and buying figures are crossing limits pls check any good jewellery shop and post what he says premium in physical is around 1000Rs means buyers are more and sellers are Jai Mata Di

ashu1234

what about equity mkt that too made top and went down to 8800 and now eyeing top bro its mkt and fall is in paper mkt physical mkt is still strong and buying figures are crossing limits pls check any good jewellery shop and post what he says premium in physical is around 1000Rs means buyers are more and sellers are Jai Mata Di
Dear gold bug PT,
I agree your view about sensex making top and bottom and eyeing top again, but do you know the valuation of shares at top, or say when bear market started in sensex which we define as 15% down from the top. I bet people who have bought even at 25% correction at that time will not even get that type of valuation again if our market reaches that top again, and imagine the pain of watching their investment sink by 50-70% for 4-5 years before market cycle turns again.
Now coming to the Jewellery shop logic, yes premium has gone up from 200-300 Rs in retail from the mcx prices to 1000 Rs after this fall. So you mean to say that follow the herd. Do you know why is that premium in the short term, go through the article http://blogs.economictimes.indiatim...vt-rbi-are-again-getting-it-all-wrong-on-gold.
Apna market efficient nahi hai, bohot restrictions hain, 1000 rs ka arbitrage hai and it will fill up in the due course of time, as its a short term premium which shows short term buying sentiment and not a major bottom.
And lastly yes paper gold sell hua hai, fully agree with you, but who said ki paper gold is not linked with physical gold. Wake up aaj paper economy hai har country ki, shayad hi koi country hogi jo fully gold standard me deal karti ho, I mean sone k sikke chalati ho. Modern economy paper economy hi hai, shares, gold, crude, commodities sab paper pe chalte hain aur unka impact physical pe aata hi hai aur iska koi alternative nahi hai. Future is uncertain, kal ko currency jab apne yahan uski sahi range 40-45$ pe aayegi tab physical gold sirf sajane k kaam aayega. Don't turn blind eye on so many factors just because our ancestors started tradition of hording gold centuries ago. China aur India ki local demand dekhte hain kitna support deti hai.

ashu1234

I hope this article makes sense to gold bugs. Their plea that gold is actually a hedge against inflation and a savior of bad times, please make your basic clear that buying gold is actually creating inflation in our country by depreciating our rupee. Its a sitting investment, and the only hope is that someday people will gain by the increase in market price, which may or may not happen as odds are against it and since its a fully imported commodity we also have to take care of following USDINR trend apart from following international Gold's trend.
Buy gold, show off your jewellery and do the damage to your own country instead of investing in real and productive assets.

http://www.commodityonline.com/news...ians-to-break-up-with-gold-54472-3-54473.html

EagleOne

Arrey ashu bhai, kahe ko apna bheja kharab karte ho baar baar ek hi baat keh kar? Gold bugs sunein ge kya? I told them months ago, it is going to hit 1400. And they gave me all the bullish bullsh*t peddled by some celebrity analyst. Jisko kharidna hai yaar, toh kharidne de. Unka paisa hai, unka deemag. Baat khatam.

Kharidne wala nahin hoga, toh short karne wale trader ko profit kahan se milega, bhai! :D

ashu1234

Arrey ashu bhai, kahe ko apna bheja kharab karte ho baar baar ek hi baat keh kar? Gold bugs sunein ge kya? I told them months ago, it is going to hit 1400. And they gave me all the bullish bullsh*t peddled by some celebrity analyst. Jisko kharidna hai yaar, toh kharidne de. Unka paisa hai, unka deemag. Baat khatam.

Kharidne wala nahin hoga, toh short karne wale trader ko profit kahan se milega, bhai! :D
Yes I knew ki logo ko buying ka keeda(bug) hai, main to bas inke basics clear kar raha tha. Abhi ye log comex pe kate hain, baat me INR se katenge. Main to bas public interest me info de raha hun jiske liye ye forum bana hai. :D

EagleOne

Yes I knew ki logo ko buying ka keeda(bug) hai, main to bas inke basics clear kar raha tha. Abhi ye log comex pe kate hain, baat me INR se katenge. Main to bas public interest me info de raha hun jiske liye ye forum bana hai. :D
bilkul sahi kar rahe hain aap, sirji. But nakkaarkhane me tooti bajaane ko main public service nahin samjhta. Aap ek badia trader hain, main jaanta hoon. Tabhi kaha taki aapke time aur brain waste na ho, which should be used in making money. :)

ashu1234

bilkul sahi kar rahe hain aap, sirji. But nakkaarkhane me tooti bajaane ko main public service nahin samjhta. Aap ek badia trader hain, main jaanta hoon. Tabhi kaha taki aapke time aur brain waste na ho, which should be used in making money. :)
Actually TJ ka ehsaan hai mujh pe, In 2008 I've read many threads to get hold of some basics, I never commented but actually admired people here who gave invaluable inputs and it helped me a lot, bas yahi shochta hun honge mere jaise bande jinhe meri koi comment chahe kisi bhi thread me ho kaam aa jaye, thoda payback kar raha hun....Kind of Salvation :D

Aapki advice bhale hi mirchi ki tarah teekhi kyu na ho, hoti khari-khari hain, to the point and I admire that bro.:thumb:

EagleOne

Actually TJ ka ehsaan hai mujh pe, In 2008 I've read many threads to get hold of some basics, I never commented but actually admired people here who gave invaluable inputs and it helped me a lot, bas yahi shochta hun honge mere jaise bande jinhe meri koi comment chahe kisi bhi thread me ho kaam aa jaye, thoda payback kar raha hun....Kind of Salvation :D

Aapki advice bhale hi mirchi ki tarah teekhi kyu na ho, hoti khari-khari hain, to the point and I admire that bro.:thumb:
Mujh pe bhi hain thode bahoot. But yes, that was golden times of TJ. Saint, SG etc all biggies here. I came late though. In 2011 I think. However, if you remember also that during those times manmohan singh ji was still being recognised as Saviour of Indian Economy. And now...? :p

Lagta hai PMji aur TJ ki kismat mein koi tanka bhidaa hai, Sambha. Totally synchronized! :lol:

By the way, regular mirchi khane walon ka khoon saaf rehta hai. Khoon saaf ho toh jaldi aur jaida oxygen deemag mein pahoonchta hai. Aur deemag chetak ban jaata hai. Trading ki laddaai mein ghudswar agar chetak pe baith dodd raha ho toh jeetne ki probabilty bad jaati hai na... increased positive expectancy, you know.. ;) :D

EagleOne

Last edited: