Just for timepassing

mastermind007

Speed thrills but kills.....before marry my avg speed was....80km/h.......Now I reduced it to 40km/h.....life is looks precious when you got married.....
Honestly, Germany's policy on speeding is logical.

When there are no speed limits, those who want to drive fast cars will be very diligent and make sure that they have a very good car with very good tyres and if they don't, then all the state has to provide is "body bag"

Conversely, when the ethic is to drive "slow" with constant messages being bombarded against speeding, most drivers will ignore maintaining the vehicles and it will be common to find overloaded, un-maintained vehicles and perennial re-welding of bald tyres... Not to mention the pot-holes

Although my job was in Belgium, I had taken a rental car from Paris and drove all over Schengen Europe. Did go to Germany just for the heck of driving on Autobahn... It was amazing experience..

mastermind007

Dear friend OMSAI

What if your girlfriend or even wife is asking for such a high speed or sports car? :D;) Those cars are very safe as long as you drive them safe. That is the point. In trading you do not risk what ever when you know exactly that your risk is to high, even you are maybe a favorite of risk taker. The same with such cars. You go to the limit with them when you see that the road is empty or has less traffic and you behave and stay on a lower speed when traffic is high. As simple as that and as normal as that.
Fully agreed. Cars that can handle higher speeds are better designed and lot more safer than cars that cannot and as I said in earlier post, Owner of such car is more likely to properly maintain it for his own self-interest.

General mantra (aimed at no one in particular) that I have put together is
Don't trust a man who cannot dance;
Don't trust a woman who cannot handle speed.