Learn How To Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJAY

Hi Sir

I need some clarity again. So I will post my chart.

View attachment 28076
As per this chart

m3 and m4 are inside pivots correct?

Some confusion here , Today Price open in range and later break inside pivot m3 causing VPL 5 to be formed. So Inside pivot break can be used for marking VPL?

I think rest is clear as you already mark VP in chart. So we can see entry
Yes we look when lows/highs of probable pivot then last mp break its VP...here when point 2 break down then any last mph breaks it becomes vpl

MSN1979

Yes we look when lows/highs of probable pivot then last mp break its VP...here when point 2 break down then any last mph breaks it becomes vpl
Ok Sir I got the point. Thanx again

vivek.civil17

Sideways pivot..
In cash scrips we see sideways like this many times.....
View attachment 28077

So you can figure it your own how many bars needed for sideway pivot...6-12 is good,,,,mark high/lows of that range any aggressive pvt we get below/above we can enter trade in that ..when I traded in cash scrip only that time I used it ...it give good R:R trades mostly ...you can decrease your posision size ithis type trades to 1/2 as we mostly not look trends /or only trade in line with trend...if its inline with trend you can go with your actual pos size...
Also always good to book profit (1/2 pos) at good support/resistance points(take any one/two weekly/daily/hourly) , good ranged WRB bar close ,visual close @any pivots ..it will increase consistent of trades...
yes bro sameway i trade sell today with partial profit and use aggressive SL

Last edited:

PreSap

Today's Trade on Reliance.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 9.59.52 PM.png

Have been busy with other things so haven't been able to post frequently.
Exit was at a preset level, which I couldn't change as I was engaged with other things.

VJAY

Good post about boredom in trading....by augubhai

You have to give up the boredom excuse, unless you are in the market for entertainment.
When I started trading full time 6 years ago, one of the systems that I could trade successfully was the Opening Range Breakout. But trading that did not need much screen time, and I did not have anything to do the rest of the time. So, I decided to try out other systems - I had the idea that a day trader needed to be more active, and attempt to capture all the significant moves of the day. You can see the number of trading diary threads that I started on traderji, mostly posting live trades day after day, month after month, year after year.

Now, I am back to trading a boring method, similar to the Opening Range Breakout. I am doing much better. I am tracking about 40 Stock Futures for day trading everyday. I don't track manually. I depend on the NSE market reports to choose the stock to trade for the day. It's just a dull daily routine. Over half the days, I take only 1 trade. Since I am not trading actively for most of the trading day, I do something else to keep me from getting bored, Like browsing, reading a book or watching tv, sometimes gardening or cooking. Rarely, if a new trading system interests me, I experiment with it, but with only one lot.

Finally, you have to find the solution to your problem yourself. But getting frustrated, or being unable to deal with boredom is not going to help at all. Get over this phase asap.

Step 1: Get a system with positive expectancy, preferably one that has a higher win rate. Once the money starts coming, it will compensate for the boredom to a large extent.

VJAY

View attachment 28081

Exit was at a preset level, which I couldn't change as I was engaged with other things.
Dear PreSap,
Nice trades....Which utility you are using to quote on image?

PreSap

View attachment 28081

Dear PreSap,
Nice trades....Which utility you are using to quote on image?
Good Morning VJAY bro. I am using kite from Zerodha. It has the tools to mark on the chart itself.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

VJAY

Good Morning VJAY bro. I am using kite from Zerodha. It has the tools to mark on the chart itself.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
ohh ok am not aware about it :) thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.