Linkon's guppyBB system...!

columbus

I like SH's strategy for it's sheer SIMPLICITY , linkon7's for sheer VISUAL
DISPLAY and both are highly useful.

linkon7

I like SH's strategy for it's sheer SIMPLICITY , linkon7's for sheer VISUAL
DISPLAY and both are highly useful.

As long as market is trending, all systems are profitable. But to me the acid test is june-july-august. SH's intraday system managed to get 185 points on June, some 50 point loss in july and almost breakeven in august. That makes it the second best system i have every backtested.

My concern is more with ease of execution now a days. i really don't want to think while taking a trade. I even sacrificed my desire get a high strike rate for a better risk reward ratio. I am willing to let 50% of my trades hit the stop loss as long as the risk reward is more than 2.

sumosanammain

As long as market is trending, all systems are profitable. But to me the acid test is june-july-august. SH's intraday system managed to get 185 points on June, some 50 point loss in july and almost breakeven in august. That makes it the second best system i have every backtested.

My concern is more with ease of execution now a days. i really don't want to think while taking a trade. I even sacrificed my desire get a high strike rate for a better risk reward ratio. I am willing to let 50% of my trades hit the stop loss as long as the risk reward is more than 2.
Thinking can screw the best of systems. agree 10000000000000% on that. Its exhausting

DiwaliCrackers

which is d best? !!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

linkon7

Sir we are waiting for afl

thanks & regards

Nehal
The afl is (hopefully) under construction..! I had one session with anant regarding the rules and he said he will look into in this weekend. Hope the world cup hasn't taken priority.

The system is simple boilinger band and ema34. The basic construction and logic is already discussed in this thread. It is the rule of engagement that makes it a system. Since it is a combination of a trend following and extreame fading system, many times the rules overlap.

A mechanical system with too many rules will make it hard for anyone to follow. But if the rules are coded into the afl, then following it will just be a leap of faith. since every thing is predetermined... it just needs that faith to follow this system...

looser

Dear Linkon,

After a lot many years, I came to a conclusion that there is no indicator which will foretell you the timing of the desired movement. Until I started 'feeling' the pulse of the market. No not through news and impact of global developments etc, but purely on the basis of simple charts for different TFs. IMO there is no other way but this 'unprofessional way' to time the movement.

With all the indicators, formulas, and programming, codes we are just beating around the bush, just feeling that we are near the destination, which is not to be.

Eyeballing is necessary and only an experienced eye can detect the move early and quite often precisely. And IMO this is the hard fact. You would be surprised to know that I do not use any charts except of a simple CS charts (ofcourse of multiple TFs, simulatenously) and decide on the entry and exit. To be precise, for me it is just the THREE preceeding candles do it all, all other candles are only for purpose of knowing the primary direction of the trend.....

Ok, won't interput your flow further. But thought I would say this after I saw your comments in your above post.

Regards,
please tell me how can u judge the trend by seeing just four candles, tnsn2345 please throw some light

Linkonji,

I am very surprised on your dedication towards technical analysis and moreover distributing your valuable knowledge to others. I have read your other trading systems like, woodies, ichimoku and now guppy. I have one doubt in my mind. u alter your strategies frequently, is it advisable? Personally which trading system u found most rewarding? Pls compare with woodies, since i understand only woodies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
linkon7 AmiBroker 129
VJAY Options 10
linkon7 Options 36
linkon7 Day Trading 477
linkon7 Options 17