Long term wealth creation with minimum intervention

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I am sure that Nifty Midcap 150 momentum 50 index is an outperformer historically, but I don't see any funds based on that index among the toppers.

https://money.rediff.com/mutual-funds/top

On the other hand, I see BSE Enhanced Value index fund doing great recently. But it doesn't have much history.

Also, can you please compare this midcap index against the Nifty Next 50 index ?
Since April1, 2005, the Nifty 50 index gave a CAGR of 13.75% vs 21.16% in said momentum fund

vivektrader

Right. But Tata is a young fund, only about 2 years old, where a lot of funds must've given this much CAGR, and the nifty index too.

View attachment 51346

It's the same with Edelweiss

View attachment 51347

Compare with the Enhanced Value Index Fund

View attachment 51348

Compare with the ELSS or Retirement or Balanced Advantage or Multi/Dynamic Asset Allocation funds.

You will hardly find any 15 year old funds which have given 20-22% returns over this term.

Hence I think that even if you apply for the NFOs, average on the way down. This will increase the CAGR. If 10rs. becomes 40, it is far less than 9.8 becoming 40.
Yes,
I haven't taken data from the fund, I have taken data from NSE site for the index, which is available from April1, 2005. These funds will mirror that index with some tracking error (around 0.68%)
One will also get additional returns as dividends will be re-invested

Since April1, 2005, the Nifty 50 index gave a CAGR of 13.75% vs 21.16% in said momentum fund
Yes,
I haven't taken data from the fund, I have taken data from NSE site for the index, which is available from April1, 2005. These funds will mirror that index with some tracking error (around 0.68%)
One will also get additional returns as dividends will be re-invested
Exactly my point. We don't have much data about the historical performance of the Funds, only the benchmark. I couldn't even find any ETFs related to this index.

vivektrader

vivektrader

Exactly my point. We don't have much data about the historical performance of the Funds, only the benchmark. I couldn't even find any ETFs related to this index.
No ETFs yet, we cant wait for another 19yrs to believe historical returns, can only compare historical data and the rationale of the fund, it is dynamic in nature, will choose from best moving midcaps. That rationale is a powerful tool.

vivektrader

vivektrader

Its important to enter and add only in more than 10% correction (atleast fund wise) , preferably 15% or more as average yearly volatility is around 24%, No point of SIP in this one. if long term is 20%, and we buy or add only in corrections using the volatility, you can imagine further improvement in returns.

This Franklin fund has a return of 38.21 in last one yr, most good funds are above 50%. Momentum fund gave 65% last 1yr
This thread is about long term >10 years, so I guess the immediate past is not very relevant.

Its important to enter and add only in more than 10% correction (atleast fund wise) , preferably 15% or more as average yearly volatility is around 24%, No point of SIP in this one. if long term is 20%, and we buy or add only in corrections using the volatility, you can imagine further improvement in returns.
Ok. I don't know if one can apply that for the mutual funds, maybe equities.

Anyway, as said earlier, to each his own. There won't be one size for all :)