Master one trick only

Vertigo_1985

Thats very dangerous.....as the last 6 months have been trending quite well, and the system works quite well in this period. If you want, I can provide you with the data, more so for your testing than mine.
if you pick your stocks well then this backtesting won't be necassary(you can do this though for practice) , there are always some stocks trending. If you know price action trending or ranging doesn't matter, you will make profit.

avny

if you pick your stocks well then this backtesting won't be necassary(you can do this though for practice) , there are always some stocks trending. If you know price action trending or ranging doesn't matter, you will make profit.
So, how do you know which stocks are going to trend today?

Also, remember, character of price movement in stocks changes every few months, not that much in index futures.

As for back testing not being necessary, well, best of luck!

Vertigo_1985

So, how do you know which stocks are going to trend today?

Also, remember, character of price movement in stocks changes every few months, not that much in index futures.

As for back testing not being necessary, well, best of luck!
you select number of stocks before each session which are most likely to be trending if you want trending stocks. As session goes on you continue to look for strong or weak stocks by seeing their structure. And why only trending stocks ? you can make money in ranging stocks too.

Yeah, character of price movement in stocks may change every few months.

As for backtesting, i don't think he is trading a system like you think he is. He cannot code it and put it in for a system test( avny correct me if i am wrong). He has already done a lot of live trading, practicing on 2010 data using bar-replay will definitely help but i don't think it should be the priority. First priority should be to review the trades he takes, then practice it using bar replay, select his best trades. Only when he thinks he needs more data to practice he should move to older data.

you select number of stocks before each session which are most likely to be trending if you want trending stocks. As session goes on you continue to look for strong or weak stocks by seeing their structure. And why only trending stocks ? you can make money in ranging stocks too.

Yeah, character of price movement in stocks may change every few months.

As for backtesting, i don't think he is trading a system like you think he is. He cannot code it and put it in for a system test( avny correct me if i am wrong). He has already done a lot of live trading, practicing on 2010 data using bar-replay will definitely help but i don't think it should be the priority. First priority should be to review the trades he takes, then practice it using bar replay, select his best trades. Only when he thinks he needs more data to practice he should move to older data.
By back test I did mean manual back test, not a coded run.

avny

Dont quite understand why candle 5 is Pullback (Even though you mention 4 as BOF) and why candle 6 is BOF Also, any reason why you didnt short candle 4 as BOF?
Dear AK,
1: when price reached at candle 4,i was
waiting to see price reach at lower range
of 1st cadle,and form some setup,to take entry
but pice made a pin bar and it was in the
area of previous swing high,indicating a
price rejection at this level,entry could have been
taken below this pin bar,but i did'nt,the reason is
i was expecting the price to go up.but
when price again came to same level at point 5
with 2 pin bar,i could not resist my self.

2:now what is the cofusion in candle 6,it
gone above the lower range of 1st candle and
closed below,hence BOF

hope it is clear now

thanks