My Daily Trades Based On My Own Analysis

If You have tried Tips in this Thread Then Please Give Your Feedback

• Total voters
Hello

I am stuck with ABAN and GAIL which seems I bought almost at their high ABAN @1500 and Gail @ 439. Please suggest me what should I do.

Thanks

rssheth

Hello

I am stuck with ABAN and GAIL which seems I bought almost at their high ABAN @1500 and Gail @ 439. Please suggest me what should I do.

Thanks
Hi

For ABAN OFFSHORE

- If you are not a long term investor then Sell @ Market Rate Tomorrow and Buy CMC Ltd (will be available approx.at price at ABAN will be Sold)

For CMC Target can be 1430

For GAIL would recommend wait for next 5 - 10 Trading Days you may get Prices surpass your Buying Price , However If you still wish to exit at this point of time then i would suggest buy Hindalco

Please let me know your actions and results and please take up a Poll in my thread showing your frank feedback on my suggestions.:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

rssheth

Nifty stock for going long on 28/1/2010

buy cadila healthcare @ 692.32 sltp @684.63 target 730

rssheth

What is Stop Loss ?

thought I'd talk about this because it's the most important tool in your trading survival kit.

Not all trades are going to be winners. You need to prepare yourself mentally for that. You are going to lose money sometimes. Maybe often.

It doesn't matter though, if you win more than you lose.

In one sentence, all other nonsense removed, that is the aim of the game - win more than you lose.

When you open a trade and the price starts to go against you, the question is always "do I get out now, or is it going to come back?"

And the answer is always "it's going to come back" :) Because we hate to lose, we hate to lose money, and we hate to admit we made a mistake.

But there has to be a point where you concede you made a mistake. This is a price that you have worked out before entering the trade. How this price is calculated will be talked about later.

What's important is that you have the entry price X, the stop loss price Y, and that you tell your broker both of these when you open the trade.

The stop loss should definitely not be just tucked away in your head. You don't want to wake up in the morning and find that the price has gone well past your mental stop loss.

So if the price does keep going in the wrong direction, while you are saying "it's going to come back", your broker will automatically execute the stop loss when it reaches the price you specified.

It's a method of enforced trading discipline. Emotions are going to muck with you, and we just got around the problem of staying in a losing trade too long.

Never move a stop loss to where it would be risking more money. Stop losses can be moved in order to lock in profit, or to risk less, but never to risk more.

Wish you all a Happy Trading

rssheth

Risk Management

How Should I Decrease Risk?
Trading, for us, is about minimising risk. And to minimise risk, we follow an incremental approach. The very last step being full-on trading. I mean it makes sense when you say it like that, but it's amazing how often people just jump straight in. (Don't do that).

These steps below will help to minimise your risk. And these are the steps to success:

Step 1 - Backtesting
You've probably read a number of trading books and websites, and in each one there'll be some kind of disclaimer such as "past performance does not guarantee future results".

If this is the case, which it is, then what is the point of backtesting?

Firstly, backtesting can show to you that your idea was an outright dud. I mean, if backtesting shows that your trading system would have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of a year, surely you aren't going to use that trading system in the real world.

Secondly, you can rank your different ideas against each other, and choose the best of them.

Most importantly, I think, is that while you aren't going to be able to use your backtesting results to predict exactly how much money you'll make in the future, it should be a rough guide. (But only if your backtesting mimics the real world as closely as possible). Sometimes markets do change personality overnight. Most of the time, however, they behave as they did before. Looking at charts for just a brief time, you should be able to see that EURUSD behaves differently to USDJPY behaves differently to USDCAD. They all have their own unique personality, and it's only a matter of working out how to profit from what you can see.

Step 2 - Paper Trading
Now that you've settled on a trading system to use, the job of proving to yourself that it is actually profitable is not yet over.

Sometimes your trading system will actually not be physically tradeable in the real world. Maybe it relied on your broker filling your orders at specific levels during major announcements. Maybe the results were skewed heavily by one or two fantastic trades, with all the others break-even or worse.

So, the next step is to Paper Trade. This means one of two things: (a) you do absolutely everything the same as if you were really trading, except instead of placing the order you just write it down on paper; or (b) utilising a demo account where you can place real orders, but no actual money is at stake. Currency trading has this advantage that most brokers offer demo accounts.

Now you can see if the backtesting results match reality. If not, then you start at the beginning. If so, you move on to trading in small volumes.

The amount of time spent paper trading is up to you. Essentially you're just verifying that your backtesting was correct, this is a profitable trading system, and you are actually able to trade it yourself.

A word of warning though. After your backtesting has shown good results, you are likely to believe this trading system works. You are therefore going to pay more attention to evidence that backs up what you already believe. And I can almost guarantee that you are going to get a fantastic result from one of the first trades you do on paper.

When that happens you are going to kick yourself that you didn't actually use real money on that trade. You hop straight into real trading, and then come the losers. A dangerous place to be. You believe the trading system works, so you put up more money to win back what you lost. And still the losers come until your trading bank is all but gone. It's very difficult to recover emotionally from this. And that's where the trading life of most people ends.

Don't do just 1 or 2 paper trades. A minimum of 20 paper trades seems to be recommended by the experts. Do not fall into the trap of considering the profits you made while doing those 20 paper trades as "money lost". Most businesses need money paid up-front before the store can open its doors. The money you won while paper trading, which you didn't actually get to put in your bank account, is your startup fee.

Step 3 - Trading In Mini Accounts
After paper trading has gone successfully, now we can move to trading with real money. However, we are going to start very small.

Now that you are using real money, suddenly our old friends fear and greed come to town. Suddenly you're tinkering with the rules after each loss, based solely on that one trade. "Oh, if I add a 5-day EMA I wouldn't have gotten in on that one!". Tinker, tinker, tinker, and suddenly your trading system doesn't resemble the one you backtested. You lose more money and tinker further. It's a downward spiral.

This is why the paper trading is so important. Without fear nor greed you have demonstrated to yourself that your trading system works. It should cement in your mind that sure, losses do happen, but your rules are solid and the winners are bound to come. Therefore there is no need to tinker.

And, because we are trading in a mini account, or with very low volume, actually we aren't losing so much money if the trading system turns out to be a dud after all. Or perhaps the trading system is solid, just you can't trade it when real money is at stake due to psychological problems. It happens.

Step 4 - Incremental Increase of Trading Bank
You backtested. You paper traded. You traded in small volume. Everything went well. This last step continues forever. If you always risk 2% of your trading bank on each trade, and if your trading bank continues to grow, then you are incrementally increasing the size of your trades. And with increased size of trades comes increased profits. And so on, and so forth. Congratulations. Depending on the website you read, you are amongst the 5-20% of traders who have made it. The other 80-95% probably didn't follow the steps here.

Trading-bots - The Added Risk Area
Adding automated trading software (or a "trading-bot") does so many wonderful things for your trading, most notably the removal of the fear and greed part. However it also adds another risk area. You are entrusting this trading-bot with your money. Surely you want to ensure that it's going to do the right thing. So during paper trading, not only are you ensuring that the trading system is profitable, you must also ensure that your trading-bot handles a variety of situations.

Does the trading-bot buy when you expect it to? Does it sell when you expect it to? Does it move your stop loss like you told it? What happens when the Internet connection is broken? Power goes out? When the power comes back and the Internet connection restored, does it open another trade when really it should just be managing the one that's already there? Does the trading-bot always use stop-losses? What happens if it doesn't set a stop-loss, the power goes out, and you're at the beach drinking beers?

Test these scenarios while paper trading. If the trading-bot passes all tests, you can let it go in your real trading account with little worry. And then go to the beach and drink beers.

How Does Thinking Stuff's ATM Decrease Risk?
Obtaining lots of money in a short time is very possible with trading. If, that is, you want to risk all your capital on a couple of trades and get lucky.

But staying in the game for a very long time, which is hopefully your goal as well as ours, requires that risks are reduced as much as possible. Everything in the software tries to decrease your risk.

No Fear, No Greed
Because the software is, well, software, it has no fear nor greed. The results of the previous trade, wildly good, or wildly bad, will not affect the decision-making for the next trade in any way.

Backtesting Assumes The Worst
If you read this article on Opening and Closing Trades In The Same Bar, you'll see that there are a couple of outcomes possible while backtesting. This software assumes the worst, giving you the peace of mind that the backtesting results aren't too good to be true.

You Have To Use A Stop Loss
This software forces you to use a Stop Loss. This means that at the time the order is set, your total risk is known and limited. It also means if your Internet connection is cut for any reason, the worst that can happen is your stop loss is taken out (i.e. your entire account balance will not be at risk).

Stop Losses Never Move Down
For a long trade, that is, stop losses never move down. For short trades, the stop losses never move up. Doing so would mean your risk would increase.

Thanks for replying on my query. I am waiting for ABAN result to get announced, no such big hope. I have just started trading and got stuck, will definitely let you know about my decision.

Many Thanks

rssheth

Re: Nifty stock for going long on 28/1/2010

buy cadila healthcare @ 692.32 sltp @684.63 target 730
Bought @ 692.32 Sold @ 705 Profit Booked = Rs.12.68:clapping::clapping:

:clap:

rssheth

Hello

Thanks
Dear KJO7

Hope you would have exited aban today since the stock has fallne upto Rs.102intraday

:confused:

rssheth

Trades for 29/01/2010 - NSE CASH

Trades for 29/01/2010 - NSE CASH

BUY AMARA RAJA BATTERY @152.02 [email protected] TARGET @ 158

BUY EICHER MOTOR @ 566.23 SLTP @ 545 TARGET @ 587
BUY FDC LTD. @ 69.50 SLTP @67 TARGET @74

BUY TORRENT POWER @ 287.97 SLTP@ 282 TARGET @300

THE ABOVE TARGETS ARE VERY CONSERVATIVE TAKE YOUR OWN DECISION OF WHEN YOU WANT TO BOOK PROFIT
:clap::clap::clap:

rssheth

Trades for nifty stocks on 29/01/2010

BUY ON 29/01/2010

AMBUJA CEMENTS LTD
ASIAN PAINTS LIMITED
BHARAT FORGE
CHENNAI PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED
MPHASIS LIMITED
ORIENTAL BANK

:clap::clap::clap: