nac Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

ranger123

Hi ranger123

Do not forget to mention all the other ones, which help to improve the knowledge of options in traderji.

Each one of us has his own ideas and we have different ways of learning behind us.

We also have different ideas of giving away some of our knowledges and we also have different ways of teaching.

Look at it as a whole team.

Take care

DanPickUp
Danpickup sir,

Other fellows are also great options traders like AW10, Ghosh sir but your postings are the best for Options tradings from where I started everything in Options trading so I mention only your name. But yes sir, you are right that it is a team works of all the other fellows here on TJ throug which we all benifit in trading here only.

Thank you.

nac

What I am looking for is a good scalp trade set up chart with high accuracy.
IMO, no need for charts if you are gonna do scalping...

I have gone through your post about advantages of scalping on the other thread. I ain't gonna say na to any of 'em.

You won't be under stress if market moves favourable to you. Most of us be under stress (at least I am) while trading.

tnsn2345

Dear Nac,

Hope you had a good break with your house renovation. Hope in this period you would have made changes/improvement in your trading method and plan. Though the title of the thread still continues to attract Jobbers and Scalpers, there aren't many here posting messages related to the title.

A life is nothing but change and change for betterment (remember Kaizen - continuos improvement) - could you list 2 or 3 things that you have decided to change from your ealier experience and how you plan to implement/adhere to those changes? This will enlighten readers about the process of life cycle of a trader and will also help you endorse it in your mind to stick to it all the times.

Regards,

nac

Hope you had a good break with your house renovation. Hope in this period you would have made changes/improvement in your trading method and plan. Though the title of the thread still continues to attract Jobbers and Scalpers, there aren't many here posting messages related to the title.

A life is nothing but change and change for betterment (remember Kaizen - continuos improvement) - could you list 2 or 3 things that you have decided to change from your ealier experience and how you plan to implement/adhere to those changes? This will enlighten readers about the process of life cycle of a trader and will also help you endorse it in your mind to stick to it all the times.
Yeah, good and long break.

Actually I thought about writing what I planned to do but for some reasons I left that thought. Yes, I have changed from what I was doing two months ago.

I wish I don't wanna do the mistake I was doing. This is big and a primary thing I wanna change.

I have decided to trade equity derivatives. Let see...

alroyraj

Actually I thought about writing what I planned to do but for some reasons I left that thought. Yes, I have changed from what I was doing two months ago.

I wish I don't wanna do the mistake I was doing. This is big and a primary thing I wanna change.

Welcome back,nac. It is a rather challenging time,now. Selection of the security to be traded is paramount in trading equity derivatives. And second,there are some derivatives that you can understand the movement and other that you dont. Start with the nifty and the most liquid counters-it seems the action has shifted to the largecap names. And thirdly,your time in the trade can be made dependent on your allocated capital (especially for the margin heavy contracts).

alroyraj

^ Yeah, I don't find much liquidity other than nifty. I better stay with NIFTY.

How about shorting nifty? (Sep expiry)
Perhaps the most important thing to remember is not to short a strongly bullish instrument or in other words to trade against the trend.
At the back of our minds,we are expecting a correction or we are hoping there would be a fall so we can pocket the break downwards. It is an assumption,it is better to trade waht we see. Today for example, nifty peaked by 10 and fell by 10:40, so based on technical parameter based on volumes it could have been traded well. These days the main action is at open till 10:30 .In fact if you cannot enter by 10:30 or latest 12 there seems very little to do in terms of catching a reasonable move.
I hope you have some technical platform with indicators as far as i know you would be trading blindfold without it. I think IIFL TTAdvance does not have TA so I am concerned -any of these Angel,Indiabulls or Sharekhan is necessary.

Starting off you can confirm a move then trade for a couple of points. A thorough understanding of BB and candlesticks is good. ADX is quite solid too.

tnsn2345

Dear Nac,

Urge you to understand what I am writing below:

One takes higher and bolder steps when the foundation is strong and tested. We know your trading hasn't been successful , rather an utter failure (writing this word purposefully) hence apart from changing certain habits (which only you would have known by now) you need to cut back and reduce risk on your trades.

One way is to reduce quantity of stock/value you used to trade earlier. Hence you should restart with your fresh funds without leveraging. Try it with your favourite stock or one/two large cap Index based stocks. By not levarging you will know if you have adapted the changes you planned and can evaluate the results. Only after a sustained period of time and consistently favourable results (by 'result' I do not mean profit, but successful adherence to your trading plan and method) you can get back to your initial quantity/value per trade.

Derivatives is much complex subject (especially Options) and there are various F&O statistics which can misguide you if you are new to it. Even experienced derivative traders too are not sure of interpretation of these numbers. Also theory is different than practice. Trading derivatives without much experience can simply evaporate your capital before you know it happen.

Somewhere I am getting a feeling that you want to catch up your lost capital and hence are getting from jobbing/scalping to stocks to derivatives in a span of less than 5 months. You are into full time trading so you need to be more careful of failure and set back as there aren't any/much option for you in case of wipeout.

So stick to stocks and reduce the quanity of your trade.

Welcome back,nac. It is a rather challenging time,now. Selection of the security to be traded is paramount in trading equity derivatives. And second,there are some derivatives that you can understand the movement and other that you dont. Start with the nifty and the most liquid counters-it seems the action has shifted to the largecap names. And thirdly,your time in the trade can be made dependent on your allocated capital (especially for the margin heavy contracts).
Sorry Alroyraj, but my post could interrupt your discussion, but that was not my intention.

^ Yeah, I don't find much liquidity other than nifty. I better stay with NIFTY.

How about shorting nifty? (Sep expiry)[/QUOTE]

Do what you think is right as per your trading method, seeking advise/cofirmation on trading calls is no good for either the seeker or giver. If you mix two of the best traders, you will get the worst of them (quote from some book I seem to have forgotten the title)

Regards,

nac

Perhaps the most important thing to remember is not to short a strongly bullish instrument or in other words to trade against the trend.

I think IIFL TTAdvance does not have TA so I am concerned -any of these Angel,Indiabulls or Sharekhan is necessary.
I always see a point to trade against the trend. May be its because of I had been like that for a long time and that too early part of trading life.

TTAdv have some TA, may not be as good as others. I try to get something better than TTAdv.

We know your trading hasn't been successful , rather an utter failure (writing this word purposefully) hence apart from changing certain habits (which only you would have known by now) you need to cut back and reduce risk on your trades.

Trading derivatives without much experience can simply evaporate your capital before you know it happen.

Somewhere I am getting a feeling that you want to catch up your lost capital and hence are getting from jobbing/scalping to stocks to derivatives in a span of less than 5 months. You are into full time trading so you need to be more careful of failure and set back as there aren't any/much option for you in case of wipeout.

Do what you think is right as per your trading method, seeking advise/cofirmation on trading calls is no good for either the seeker or giver. If you mix two of the best traders, you will get the worst of them (quote from some book I seem to have forgotten the title)
Yes, that word is an apt one.

You are right. If I wasn't good at reducing/cut back mistakes with the lesser risky instrument, how would I survive with the higher one without rectifying those mistakes. Definitely this will evaporate my trading capital.

But I made this decision after considering the risk factor in derivatives. It's solely because I felt that I could trade index better than a stock. May I am wrong here. Not because of wanted to earn what I lost.

I am sure, there won't be any asking for suggestion/advice on trading calls from me. I should have give a thought about that before writing it.