nac Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

Dear members,
Any body have mock trading software for practice as i want to practice arbitrage and jobbing .On live odin diet it is not possible for practice so if any one have this kind of
software i am kindly request for the same
Thanks

nac

hello everyone.

sorry for being away for so long, was fully into Forex and it is a universe in its own. Though never scalped in NSE/BSE, I found short term trades (Since calling a 3-4 Min Trade as Scalping/Jobbing would result in a new chain of replies stating the definitions of scalping) in Forex quite profitable (& sustainable).
[Mostly i traded, 3 Min Candle, went Long when Currency Pair hit bottom of BB in 2nd or 3rd wave of movement, scalped for 5-10 pips. If anyone interested in Forex try this strategy in demo, after some practice I am sure win ratio will improve a lot]

Well Nac, since the Thread is yours alteast I need to mention your name once. Howz it going ? I am sure you must have learnt a lot of new things and some things you wish you knew then. (if you share such ideas may be lot of newcomers will benefit, though the chance that they will heed the advice is low, may be somebody will save some of his/her cash)

Presently I am exploring short term trades in Options (NSE), if anyone scalped (or Intraday/Swing Trades) in Options (spreads and strategies) please share your experience.
Hi Aadi!

I can sense you are having good time trading in forex... :thumb:

I haven't tried my hands in forex with real money. Like to... But too much ambiguity in legality. Hence I am staying away from forex trading (majors)

Yeah, I am learning.... better I can say I am experiencing new things every day. But I couldn't settle in one thing... Always feeling that scalping suits my attitude. But I am looking for something else...

I haven't tried scalping in options... But about spread trading, visit AW10's thread. You might have read 'em...

There is a guy named sanjay trying this scalping strategy and he is successful too... I don't think I can do it like him...

nac

Dear members,
Any body have mock trading software for practice as i want to practice arbitrage and jobbing .On live odin diet it is not possible for practice so if any one have this kind of
Thanks
You can find some website for mock trading... I am not aware of any application based...

In amibroker, you can upload data and play it... By watching the chart (obviously it is old data not live) you can trade...

Another way, subscribe for real time data (trial version - which will be last for one week or so) and link it to amibroker and do paper/dummy trading.

anuragmunjal

Presently I am exploring short term trades in Options (NSE), if anyone scalped (or Intraday/Swing Trades) in Options (spreads and strategies) please share your experience.

hi Aditya

I have tried scalping options taking the underlying (nifty) as cue and hedge, but the results were very mediocre. maybe the reason behind this was that oftentimes I found options leading (and underlying lagging) wheras at other times, reverse was the case.to give u a recent example, today itself,nifty 6000 call fell by 5Rs.(with nifty at the same price), just before the mkt. broke down.
regarding ur query about trading option spreads,after doing a lot of trading in options, I used to consider myself quite an okay options trader, but after reading a few posts by Dan , and doing a little research on the subject, I realised that I am purely a futures trader who is using options as a hedge. the only advantage that I had was that having a little knowledge of greeks & synthetics, I could come out of situations where deep in the money stock options become illiquid. But pure options trading is a different ball game altogether. It is a very vast field in itself requiring a lot of understanding....maybe someday......

regards

anuragmunjal

Dear members,
Thanks

hi

there is a software that comes for enhancing your order punching speed. I should be having a copy in the office, I shall check with the 'systems' guy if it can be uploaded somehow, if possible I shall pm u the sofware or else provide u with the name so that u can download or purchase it frm somewhere.

regards

alroyraj

Dear members,
Thanks
There are many. Favorite pass time for young traders.
Moneycontrol's Moneybhai is one simulated trading site.
Others are Rediff MoneyWiz
4stocks.com
Indiabulls Too has a virtual trading simulator.

@jagankris,alroyraj sir,
Thanks for helping reply as i want to practice like what we trade in odin can not be done through webbsed simulated software so what anurajmunal sir suggested is the right one and will be useful for me.

Thanks

Dear members,
Thanks
If you wanted to practice say swing trading or even intraday trading (of other kinds excluding arbitrage and jobbing) then you could easily paper trade (with live data) or open demo account in forex trading (there are zillions), but when it comes to Jobbing or arbitrage i don't think you can ever actually do demo trades. When you are trading with lower timeframe the position size is small (thus your order doesn't (practically) move or skew the order book), but in jobbing you are trading with large quantity (since profit % is small, to make some profit, qty has to be large, no point trading small qty for jobbing), this large quantity makes difference when it reaches the exchange and affects the order book. In short your order (if large) acts against you and gives you negative slippage (or partial/no fill incase of limit order)

And in arbitrage the more you trade the more you move the stock/futures/options in line and thus your trade works against you. Ofcourse other arbitrage traders will be working and moving it in line, but it will never be the same since your trade could also significantly disturb the order at present, and arbitrage trades are always for such small durations.

I hope you understood why not having your orders sent to an exchange is never like scalping/arbitrage. But still if you want to learn basics some paper trading / demo trading will never hurt you. You can try www.Tradingsim.com where they have try to incorporate negative slippage (as your order size increases) but remember in real slippage could be worst (and if you are thinking of limit orders, you may never get the fill)