need help in option(fno)!

vince

Narayan78,

If you had purchased a 3500 nifty apr call when the nifty was at 3480 at 30 on 17 apr and sold it for 60 on 18 Apr that would be a square off. You make 60 - 30 = 30

Nifty options being european cant be exercised early and would automatically get excercised on expiry in case you do not square off before that. If the Nifty ends at 3600 on expiry day you make 3500 - 3600 = 100

Expiry is on the last thursday of every month.

You can exercise the stock option any time on or before expiry if the option is in the money.
Suppose today you have purchased Infosys CALL strike price 3200 at 30 rs premium. After 3 days infosys is trading at 3300. You exercise the option.
profit is 3300-3200= 100.
Net profit is 100-30 (premium paid) = 70 rs.
For exercise, closing price is taken for that day.

narayan78

very very thanks to vince and amit, u people made my doubts clear.:)

even relationship manager at broker office not able to clear my doubts.

THANK U ONCE AGAIN. SENIORS AND JUNIORS.

I understood this, please correct me if i am wrong.

so we can sell a call option at the time of expiry by excersing and it will be traded at the closing price of the(exipiry) day.!

and we can square off an option at cmp at any day before expiry,(current market price)!

advance thanks:)

EVERY WELL GIVES WATER. AND THE ONE WHICH QUENCHES MOST OF THE THIRST NEVER EVER DRIES OFF. HATS OFF TO KNOWLEDGE OF WELLS.

Hello all seniors

i am trying to move from futures into options on the nse, however i observe not many scripts are liquid and volumes are too less.
as the number of scripts avaliable are also quite less, and since the seniors are already trading in options, i sincerely seek the following info:

1) pl could u suggest me a list of scripts on which options traded in reasonable volumes

2) also to concentrated on premiums of which calls : ATM / OTM / ITM ???
and puts : ATM/OTM/ITM (from yr experiences)

thks
gopii

Hi ellisprem

thks for the reply, really appreciate.
i take yr advice and am starting study on niftyoptions from today, howeverwould request your help , could u pl guide me further
thks
b rgds
gopii