Nifty 8DMA plus minus trading stratagy

rh6996

19 SEPT NIFTY TRADE:

NIFTY IS SHORT BELOW 8050
TARGET 7980
STOP LOSS @ 8077

as per strategy rule if stop triggers just reverse your position and Buy nifty for 8120.
Would it be correct to say that we go long (if short tgt not met) above SL level, i.e. 8077 but the tgt for this long shall be 8050(8EMA level)+70 !?

So we can say the SL level if triggered is a SAR level and the tgt is 43 points from it! (70-23=47)

rh6996

Another query : SL and Target we have them in terms of Points! Any suggestion for the same in percentage terms ! ?
Was eyeballing chart since 2010 where Nifty levels were ~ 4500+ ! Here the SL and Tgt both would seem a bit BIG !
Please guide! Is it okay to take 1% or 70 points whichever is less and 0.33% or 27 whichever is less!

Another query : SL and Target we have them in terms of Points! Any suggestion for the same in percentage terms ! ?
Was eyeballing chart since 2010 where Nifty levels were ~ 4500+ ! Here the SL and Tgt both would seem a bit BIG !
Please guide! Is it okay to take 1% or 70 points whichever is less and 0.33% or 27 whichever is less!
Good observation. plz be stick to 27 pt SL & 70 Pt Tgt as of now. i will update if any change required timewise

Hi, Need a few clarifications or rather a confirmation that I have understood correctly :

01. When we look for 8 EMA level to go short or Long the level is as on close of the mkt today. Say 8 day ema of Nifty Spot is at 8056 and price is above 8 EMA ! As price moves the EMA also moves. We ignore the changed EMA level in RT and stick to the level 8056 , we had ascertained the previous day.

02. As Nifty spot crosses EMA and moves below it, we wait for 2/3 minutes and enter Short position. The entry of this Short may very from Trader to trader as some will enter after 15 seconds and some may be after 75 seconds. However irrespective of entry level, the SL level shall be 8083 (8057+27). Here again we do not look at the current EMA level on daily!

03. NS reaches 7986 we exit our short (8056-70) Here again we ignore the actual entry level and stick to the EOD ema level !

04. Entry/Exit and SL all are ascertained with respect to the EMA level of previous day !

05. A hypothetical situation : We enter short and before we reach target price again moves above the 8 ema ! We have to go long but at what level? SL is 27 points above 8 EMA but we need to enter Long when price crosses 8 EMA from below!
TO MUCH ANALYSIS LEADS TO PARALYSIS...

I believe it is simple & easy to execute strategy... if you are not comfortable do a paper trading or trade with 1 lot initial.

22 SEPT NIFTY TRADE:

NIFTY IS SHORT BELOW 8066
TARGET 7996
STOP LOSS @ 8093

as per strategy rule if stop triggers just reverse your position and Buy nifty for 8136.

If not today wait for tomorrow. no need to be a compulsive trader. only trade on 8DMA crossover.
Well I will rephrase my question. Suppose Nifty does not come to 8DEMA and keeps raising then what strategy is to be adopted and at what point we have to enter. Thanks.

rh6996

Well I will rephrase my question. Suppose Nifty does not come to 8DEMA and keeps raising then what strategy is to be adopted and at what point we have to enter. Thanks.
As far as I have understood, you have to wait for price to come back to 8DEMA ! Logically you will have a Long and Short trade alternately ! Well this is what I have understood.

since Nifty spot is not tradable, try it with NF. At present 8DEMA is 8086.72
I dont use ny technical software!! Do u suggest Any particular site where we can check NF eod charts?