NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hang in there guys............there's a new dawn everyday........could be just round the corner for all we know. "

Very well said Jaideep. Cannot agree more than this.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

shrinivas

A very good lesson learnt indeed....ALWAYS PUT STOP LOSSES IN PLACE... I would sincerely thanxx seniors amit and saint who always taught me this lesson...though the market collapsed drastically, I lost 1.75 lacks, still i put stop loss today and sold off everything (my positions were in F&O)...I saved a huge amount by making an exit....
Though I lost money in these 10 days, but i'm happy from heart...I lost my lifetime savings....but I do not have debt..the markets will come up and I will cover them...
Sincere thanks to amitda and saint for all their services....

ganeshhity

shrinivas

nkpanjiyar said:
"Hang in there guys............there's a new dawn everyday........could be just round the corner for all we know. "

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
yup...we must learn to learn....

thanxx
ganeshhity

nkpanjiyar said:

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
The unprecedented increase was not questioned and was not following any logic, so the bottoming out is an opportunity to re-enter after sanity is restored. I sincerely hope that all our members are not badly hurt and can take the opportunity when it normalisation is established.

As jaideep said, the herd mentality is particularly true for our culture, and panic spreads through word of mouth more than logic. So it can only go up from here.

All the best to all.

Warm regards
Kishore

ganeshhity said:
A very good lesson learnt indeed....ALWAYS PUT STOP LOSSES IN PLACE... I would sincerely thanxx seniors amit and saint who always taught me this lesson...though the market collapsed drastically, I lost 1.75 lacks, still i put stop loss today and sold off everything (my positions were in F&O)...I saved a huge amount by making an exit....
Though I lost money in these 10 days, but i'm happy from heart...I lost my lifetime savings....but I do not have debt..the markets will come up and I will cover them...

ganeshhity
Ata boy Ganesh, I like your spunk & gung-ho spirit. You'll make a good soldier after all.:)

On a more serious note, it's really heartening to read your post. Am sure many a broken-hearted soul in this forum will take heart from your words. I sincerely wish you all the best in the days to come & hope your confidence to make up your losses & more does play out true to your expectations.

I would agree with nk and jaideep, this sort of capitulation will lead to a bottom.

Ganesh.. , If you were long till today and that too in fno , you ought to seriously rethink your stop loss placement. Most traders were out of nifty longs at the break of 3650.

You are doing a great job in the Jokes et all department, pls keep posting

AMITBE

Hey hey...nice to see so much action on this thread!!
Feels really good.

So...back to the grind.
The levels at this point:

CMP 3128.
Then 3132-3136-3140-3144-3148-3152.
Above this if 3160 and 3168 can be broken above then 3176-3480-3184 would be the goal.
3193 and above is more than one can expect, but who knows...is there any limit to anything!

Remember 3134 is the major retracement levels from a lower reaction low I use.

pkjha30

Hi Jaideep

A timely show of empathy. In 2004 90% of stocks were trading near their 52 week low. I see market is not yet near anywhere that type of situation.Most of the stocks are abt half way down. I know for sure that week hand will be forced out and made to pay for the profit of others. Last to enter and last to get out.

Nothing fundamentally has changed, I am sure all strong stocks which will be available at proper price will make new highs in near future.

Do I sound optimistic. Yes I am . and if you look beyong stocks and indices, what has changed in last few days. Nothing for millions of ordinary indians who may not even be knowing what indices are. They continue to work as hard and trying to make india what bulls called India shining story. Bull and bears don't make India shining story, rest of the Indians do.

My advice is to believe in oneself, in one's country and one's profession( not the illegitimate ones). If you are a trader go by entry price, exit price(stop loss, stop gain)(last one is my addition).

As saint remarked in some post.That is the gist of his teaching.

As for the investors, there may not be much problem if they are in for a longer period. If you have exited well no problem(always a good idea to book profit along with FIIs) . But time to enter will be soon. Get ready with your shopping cart. Avoid bottom fishing but choose good ones.

Best of luck to all forum members.
Pankaj:)

jaideep said:
As I write this the exchanges have halted trading as Indices have hit lower 10% ckt brkrs.

Funds sell-off......FIIs pull-out......Asian Markets sliding........Global Markets in the red.....Tech indicators all going awry......blah! blah! blah!....:rolleyes: :cool:

What we've been witnessing over the past week & more is a demonstration of one of the basic tenets of investing in the stock markets.......understand well that the market is a herd of buyers & sellers who utterly disregard the most basic principles of individualistic human behaviour.

So we have it now & here........mob mentality....herd culture....call it what you will but you too have to jump over the precipice following the herd..... the only way is down, down & down over the edge....the trick here is to keep one's mind from going over the edge too.....that's when the herd splits up again into individuals.......pull up short.... scratch their heads...put on thinking caps once again....start to reason out......drool over low-prices.....bargain hunt amid the spoils.....and finally restore sanity to the proceedings. To use stock market jargon, that should start the bull run afresh.

Those among us who were wise enough to pull up short of the precipice may regard all of the above as pure BULL. Can't blame them though.... in a blood bath such as we have been recently & still witnessing, some do come through relatively unscathed, albeit rather fortuitously I'd say.

Then again......as Isaac Newton proved "All that goes up must come down"........and not necessarily by the same score but rather complying with other branches of physics I suppose, "All that comes down will go up".:eek:

Hang in there guys............there's a new dawn everyday........could be just round the corner for all we know. With all technical indicators smashed & all so-called support lines mercilessly breached, we do have to maintain hope based on pure & solid fundamentals & economic indicators at large where the outlook is still positive.
Great wisdom there,my friend..........every new trader has to go over these words again and again till this wisdom is theirs for keeps.

Very nice,Jaideep.....:)

Saint

ganeshhity said:

ganeshhity
Great going,my friend......yours is an attitude that will take you far.Continue your trading education.Consider this as tuition money for great lessons learnt.Wishing you all the very best in your education,and hope you not only make this back,but make so much more from the markets.

All the best!
Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.