NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITBE

Anything is possible at this point, Madhura. We'll have to wait and watch.
2477 gave a bounce a while ago to 2490. This is the range for now, with 2470-2473 being short range supports and bounce levels.
Below this 2467 and 2464.
These are all short term levels.
As had been suggested in the first post today, there is selling at every rise.

AMITBE

chopra said:
Thanks AMIT for all the great support provided by you.
You are maintaining this great thread, I could not add much to this but I really appreciate your generous service which helps lot of the new players like me to learn and understand the intricacies of the market.
I always feel that every fall in life teaches us something new so this plunge is also definitely going to be a good learning experience.
Haven't brought or sold anything in the last 3 days.
I am also following advice of you seniors and just sitting tight and taking note of the things.
Waiting for this wave to go away before fluttering the wings to fly again. Warm Regards, Ashish
Thanks Ashish...Watching the index especially in these times is an absolute must for all traders in my view. Some people do differ of course, but not convincingly for me.

It seems the trading range at this point is getting tighter.
2475-2485 is what the NIFTY is settling into for now.
Should this go on, later in the session I do hope there will be a breakout...to the up of course!

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
A nasty looking double top had formed very recently at 2486...which did not materialise fully.
Now we are headed back there again...Triple Top...or a break through this time..?
Well...the breakout mentioned in the previous post did come by.
Now we are back at 2490....early this morning I had mentioned that 2490 off level was sticking...and it still is.
We need to get above this to build up the momentum which is slowly creeping in. Or else there may be lower levels again later on.
Till there is some show of strength, there could be selling again before close, as traders would hate to carry positions at higher levels going into the weekend.

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
Well...the breakout mentioned in the previous post did come by.
Now we are back at 2490....early this morning I had mentioned that 2490 off level was sticking...and it still is.
We need to get above this to build up the momentum which is slowly creeping in. Or else there may be lower levels again later on.
Till there is some show of strength, there could be selling again before close, as traders would hate to carry positions at higher levels going into the weekend.
A smart surge in Bharti and ONGC have taken the NIFTY over the hump for now.
2499 was the other sticky level mentioned early trade then 2502.
And then the magic figure at 2507 which will put us onto some pretty safe grounds.

AMITBE

The NIFTY has reacted again at 2496 off...
2490 is a support...and below this may seek 2485-2482-2479-2474-2470.
Bummer!

hi,
Nifty closed 2481....
2472 acted as a good support level today,touched there 2 or 3 times a day.

any more comments?

can u please elaborate more on moving averages concepts and graphs based on movign averages whenever u get time?
Madhura :)

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
The NIFTY has reacted again at 2496 off...
2490 is a support...and below this may seek 2485-2482-2479-2474-2470.
Bummer!
Fallen like a broken bird from soaring heights....
From 2496 to 2472 and then some pullback again to 2477.
No matter...as I'd siad at the start today, I will take volatility.
And we got plenty of that, but more imporatntly, the stablity has returned, with no panic buttons pushed.
Nice day at work...should put up my feet for a while now.
Cheers all, have a great weekend. :)

AMITBE

Coming into the new week, it would be interesting to see if the attempts at a pullback seen Friday on the NIFTY were more in the nature of a reaction to the sharp retracement on Thursday. Or was the index trying to make a short term relief rally. Or if the strong flow of funds is still intact, and there would be an upside sometime soon.
Logic would suggest that the corrective phase would not last merely a few days, and that there would be intense selling pressure at higher levels leading to prolonged volatility, as was witnessed on Friday.
Logically then, it would be prudent for the market movers to keep things steady and let the market drift sideways for calm to return. I had written Friday morning that volatility is fine, but stability is absolutely vital. This point cannot emphasised enough.

The market movers are also aware that the safe zone to be at in the current phase is 2500 and above for the NIFTY. If we can arrive here without further bloodshed, we are indeed protected. Below 2450, we are staring at trouble in the eye.
Making an unsustainable charge at 2500 plus would lead to immediate short term weakness, and here a quiet consolidation at current levels to build up momentum for a late charge would be desirable. Sanity is the name of the game.

For today the levels are pretty much the same as Friday.
2507 is the magic number to sustain.
2470-2474 were good supports on Friday, and below this, 2464-2468 have been good in the short term.
2450 is the key support level today.
To the up, 2479 was resistance, then 2486 gave significant resistance, and past this 2490-2495 and 2499 were found difficult.
Will follow and update.

AMITBE

The resistance at 2507 is intact still except for the first burst to 2510.
2499-2501 are short term supports in case 2507 is not taken and sustained.
Any rise may be utilised to exit doubtful positions.
The pullback from 2499 currently to 2503 is not going to be a case of lower highs and lows, I fear.

AMITBE

A spectacular and sensational pull back under way now.
2513 may form a good support in the short term here, then 2509 and 2506.
Some big money going towards the index counters and select midcaps the rest of which are sideways.
To continue the caution, the likelihood that this may still be a relief pullback still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.