NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITBE

koolprakash said:
Hi Amit/ Senior members,

Your thoughts on the fifth day of the rally is very interesting.

I am not sure if this post would be too much relevant here but would be interesting to get a perspective anyways.

- The financial major (DSP Merrill Lynch) mentioning in their report that India is very expensive and a strong SELL is advised for the short term. (They are bullish on the long term India story).
- A mention that India is among the most EXPENSIVE emerging markets

In a broader sense, how do you see markets behaving to such news?

Thanks,
Prakash
Hi Prakash, the Merrill Lynch report may be correct to a point and too sweeping.
This kind of a report is projecting into the earnings over the next couple of quarters at least and factoring in those numbers into the current levels as well. The target audience is the mid to long term investor community seeking a decent entry and in the last couple of months such opportunities have been rare in the fronline counters both in large and midcaps. Mostly the valuations have been way too stretched. The FIIs and domestic funds have been the main players behind this push, and they are the ones who will depress the market when they decide to sell.
However, the market as we know it on a day to day basis comprises of day traders, momentum chasers, swing traders, position traders etc. These are the worker bees as in a beehive and the pistons of an engine. All the wealth creation happens at their participation.
The final and the most essential layer is the health of the companies, industrial, agricultural, sevice or whatever. These are not only the drivers of the market but of the economy as a whole. As long as they keep up their earning schedule, the economy and the markets will follow.
The state of our industry, and economy are on a sound footing and should only get better. A drop here in quarterly earnings, or a spike there, are incidental in the bigger picture of a sound company or economy.
So to the markets, the very basic and fundamental nature of which is that it is cyclical. Now it's expensive and now not so. Now it's overbought and now to the contrary.
As players in the market, it our business to survive in both cycles.
The report you have quoted is merely statistical and indicative thereof, as far as I am concerned.

AMITBE said:
Hi Prakash, the Merrill Lynch report may be correct to a point and too sweeping.
The final and the most essential layer is the health of the companies, industrial, agricultural, sevice or whatever. These are not only the drivers of the market but of the economy as a whole. As long as they keep up their earning schedule, the economy and the markets will follow.
The state of our industry, and economy are on a sound footing and should only get better. A drop here in quarterly earnings, or a spike there, are incidental in the bigger picture of a sound company or economy.
So to the markets, the very basic and fundamental nature of which is that it is cyclical. Now it's expensive and now not so. Now it's overbought and now to the contrary.
As players in the market, it our business to survive in both cycles.
The report you have quoted is merely statistical and indicative thereof, as far as I am concerned.
This kind of a report is projecting into the earnings over the next couple of quarters at least and factoring in those numbers into the current levels as well. The target audience is the mid to long term investor community seeking a decent entry and in the last couple of months such opportunities have been rare in the fronline counters both in large and midcaps. Mostly the valuations have been way too stretched. The FIIs and domestic funds have been the main players behind this push, and they are the ones who will depress the market when they decide to sell.
Hi Amit,

Thanks for your comments. I enjoyed the cricket match more than the choppiness in the market :)
I agree with you that the valuations have been stretched too far. The market seemed to have ignored the quarterly results as most of the earnings had already been factored before the results were announced in our rally upto Oct-1st week. With recent FII additions (one major FII) and more liquidity expected in the market from domestic mutual funds, I guess we could expect more buoyant buying after some more correction.

However, the market as we know it on a day to day basis comprises of day traders, momentum chasers, swing traders, position traders etc. These are the worker bees as in a beehive and the pistons of an engine. All the wealth creation happens at their participation.
Rightly true->multiple players do hold the key.

You seem to have the markets very close to your heart and your comments are indeed valuable for beginners like me.

Thanks,
Prakash

AMITBE

The choppiness that abruptly came around 2503 at the very end on Tuesday continued on into yesterday.
Volatility as mentioned here earlier, is an essential part of our game, and most especially at important junctures where the price action and the market attempt to determine direction.
The fact that there has been, at least as of now, a good sense of stablity and a lack of panic in the midst of volatility, is a definite positive. This was not the scenario quite recently, and should this characteristic hold a while longer, it would suggest that a bottom base for the Nifty is being truly formed. The gains made in four days of this rally were not just easily squandered. Good.
A vital truth is that in the midst of a bigger term bull-run, time is on the side of the bulls in an interim bearish phase. The bears will have their opportunities every so often, but when the major flow is on the up, the passage of time sooner than later will intervene and correct any tug to the contrary.
All of the above will be tested in the very near term, but the bears will be more cautious for now. The reason for this is the evidence of buying support at dips.

The levels, 2475 area was tested quite a few times yesterday so there is strength here. This will improve better if the Nifty distances itself further to the up creating a wider buffer. Below 2470 are 2455 and 2465
Climbing and sustaining above 2495 should be target no. 1.
2503 and 2512, same as yesterday, will be the difficult levels on the way forward to 2525-2530.

K

karvind79

Nifty levels for 11/11/2005

Dear Friends,

I am back after a long Diwlai holidays .Hereafter i post my views regularly as before.I hope all of u enjoy DIWALI.

On 10/11/205 market take support from 2481 and closed at 2500.

Here my view on Market on 11/11/2005.

Nifty Levels are

R3 2533
R2 2520
R1 2510
PP 2495.4
S1 2486
S2 2471
S3 2462

Expecting that Nifty will test 2495 (in lower) in early morning and it will bounce back toward upward afterthat.
check NIFTY levels given above when breaks PP.

from,

Arvind K

AMITBE

Mid September onwards 2525 was being mentioned here as a level beyond which the Nifty would enter a new higher orbit. Whatever happened after is not the point here, but 2525 did see a keen tussle. But then was a bull-run.
Now 2525 remains important, not just to re-enter the earlier run, but more importantly, to survive the threat of the slide whose shadows still linger firmly.
2475 mentioned yesterday as an important support area is better off today for the wider distance away from yesterday's close when the choppiness remained, but in a confined band only. At times these levels are not just technical levels, but become important psychologically. This, of course, is not suggesting that technical levels and psychological levels are two different things. They are the same, technical being a measure of psychological. But in a micro enviornment the psychological factor is stronger. Hope this is making sense!
There are no immediate triggers to set up the Nifty on its onwards march, it appears at this point. The task now is to survive the fall and to reverse it. The only solution is to consolidate in time rather than in price, and hold as close to 2525 as possible. The last two sessions have certainly helped. Buying support is emerging at lower levels even if there is pressure to sell at higher. The concern is the way in which the Nifty was reacting at higher levels yesterday, causing the choppiness.
2492 is the vital support for now. The lower levels as mentioned last couple of days still remain: 2486-2480-2475-2470-2465-2455.
And the same to the up: 2503-2512 to begin with.

AMITBE

adilsaleem said:
can we have a quick update on nifty from here , im looking to go shot at this level
Whatever the short term supports are for today are mostly above 2520. 2520 by technical data is also a good support level.
To the up, historically above 25302536 the Nifty has made a spurt up.
Sorry Adil...your call.
For me this is neither a time to go long or go short. Too uncertain for me to be playing it.

AMITBE

2546 has seen resistance in the past.
It's crucial and we are there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.