NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For January 21,

Current position : SHORT (at 6210 on 10/01/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 5730.35

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +479.65 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +846.65 (367.00+479.65)

Support : 5719
Resistance : 5895

Hold SHORT positions with SL 5895. If trades above 5895, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 5719.

All new members visiting first time are requested to read all messages start from first one before going ahead.

Nifty Fut.xls updated in my 1st message.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Hi Vinod sir,

Would highly appreciate if you can guide me on money management for nifty trading like how much capital i should have for trading one lot i.e 50

Thanks in advance

Pravin

Dear Vinod,

I have been through your thread n came across the followings :

1. You have not taken brokerage into calculations.

2. You have also not taken into calculations, the filter u have mentioned,
about 5 to 10 points above resistance n below support.

If u take into calculations, brokerage n filter of 10 points, the gain
is reduced by 70% Then ur strategy becomes unattractive n risky.

With Regards,
MAHENDRA

marcus

The strategy is no doubt risky as losses are considerable but as long as the index trends upwards or downwards the strategy will continue to work, you need courage to trade this way.

Even considering brokerage and slippage nadodav would be at about 80% return since he started ie in less than 3 months.

nadodav

Dear Mahendra,

I do agree. But at the same time, we are also trading most riskiest product of financial market so we have to take some amount of risk. If we chooses to reduce the risk, than accordingly gain also will reduce. But what i think is, the risk is involved in initial part of trading. If we encounter some loss making trades initially, we may feel it is very risky. At the same time, we also aware about our max possible loss at the time of taking a position. so we can choose to out of trade during rangebound market or when we have e.g. say 5-6 consecutive loss making trades or say 400 points cumulative loss etc & can again start whenever we may feel comfirtable though i always take all the trades as we do not know which trade will give you good gain. i am following since almost two years and has good profits so i do not mind to loose couple of hundread points. But for initial trading risk, one has to be prepared for around 400 points loss before starts trading. As I have also said in my earlier messages, one can start with MINIFTY contract and after having gain of 800-100 points, can switch to NIFTY.

Vinod

Last edited:

nadodav

Hi Vinod sir,

Would highly appreciate if you can guide me on money management for nifty trading like how much capital i should have for trading one lot i.e 50

Thanks in advance

Pravin
Dear Pravin,

I suggest to start with MINIFTY contract by keeping around Rs. 25000 towards margin and M2M requirement. Once you have around 1000 points gain, you can switch to regular NIFTY lot. But do not take position eitherside in current situation as SL range is very wide. let it fall around 100 points, than you can start.

Thanks & Regards,

vinod

I agree with Mahendra. Also, also provide for short term capital gains. I guess STCG rate on futures is 30%. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Happy Trading :)

Dear Vinod,

I have been through your thread n came across the followings :

1. You have not taken brokerage into calculations.

2. You have also not taken into calculations, the filter u have mentioned,
about 5 to 10 points above resistance n below support.

If u take into calculations, brokerage n filter of 10 points, the gain
is reduced by 70% Then ur strategy becomes unattractive n risky.

With Regards,
MAHENDRA

Status
Not open for further replies.