NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadodav

When you are long or short overnight and next day it is a gap up or gap down opening then you may be incurring heavy loss.So how do you handle such a situation in the mechanical trading system.Because in gap up or gap down opening you will not be given chance to exit the trade,probably your position will be cut as it happened during the recent mayhem
Hi,

Yes. agreed that, because of gap up or gap down, we encure losses as it is not giving a chance to exit existing position. but with mechanical approach, you will not always be in wrong side. chances are more that we are in right side of market as this is trend following method. And majority of time, it is in favour of our position and not the against. If you wish, you can check past data that i have uploaded in my 1st message and calculate the profit/loss for those days of gap up/gap down.

So in general, i do not think to do anything in case of gap up or gap down. if it is against our position, simply we exit and wait as we are currently doing.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For March 18,

Current position : Nil

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4499.05

Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +1551

Support : 4455
Resistance : 4667

Range is still high around 200 points. Will attemp to go LONG near 4480-4500 with SL 4450 for tomorrow. If SL hits, we simply exit LONG position & wait. will also put message if I take position tomorrow.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

First of all , i would like to thank you , for helping us with your efforts.

Vinod, i had read and understood ,all the information about your Mechanical Trading on the first post.

Now i was planning to go along with you. I wanted to ask that, as you said that you will
attempt to take a position at 4480-4500 with stop loss 4450, shall i also take position if you take ?

i also want to follow as you guide for future positions, strictly with your stop loss.

Awaiting your quickest response,

Thanks & Regards,
OptionsTrader

nadodav

Hi Vinod,

Thanks i have also taken long at 4500.
Wish me luck for my 1st nifty.

Thanks & Regards,
OptionsTrader
Hi,

The trading decision you only should take. just do not take because i am or some one else is taking, only take a trade if you are convinced, and confident.
Good luck !

Vinod

Status
Not open for further replies.