NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have joined this forum today and I saw this thread on nifty futures. Sir, I would like to know if I have to go long on Nifty, what is the level I must enter at? Also can i appropriately hedge myself by taking an opposite postion in Options?

Regards,
Paavani

Hello Vinod,

How did you come to the price of 4910. When the market did a gap up opening yesterday, it was trading anywhere between 4910 and 4960 for the first 10 minutes. If you would have bought when the markets opened you would have bought at 4960. how do you know that after opening at 4960, the nifty will fall to 4910 levels in the next 5-10 minutes?

Sachin

NIFTY FUTURE For April 3,

Current position : LONG (at 4910 on 02/04/2008)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4757.65

Profit/Loss in current trade : -152.35 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +1355.65 (1508.00-152.35)

Support : 4731
Resistance : 4877

Hold LONG positions with SL 4731. If trades below 4731, Exit LONG & go SHORT with SL 4877.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Sir one Suggestion if you can follow

Sir

I gave it few days back also.

Your Mechanical System works very good , But in Real Word nothing is Perfect, we must be updating to make it as close as possible to Perfect.

I am Making a try for this, If you find ok then you can also try for this.

I have seen almost every post of your thread and found that your system don't give advise to book Profit as efficently as it should be.

If on some day any Position is giving Profit of more than 100 Points on Nifty than it is advisable to book Profit on that Particular atleast in this type of market where next day opening is so highly unpredictable. No body can tell whether it can be 150 points up or gap down because of global markets.

Try this strategy for one week on Paper if you found its working good then update in your system

Re: Sir one Suggestion if you can follow

That's because system is growth oriented on either side.

Even you know this can not be a Practical in share Markets atleast this type of market situation, So is their harm in making system Practical,

Just give me a Reply why any Trader build any Position in share market ?

In my view to earn Profits then what's harm in booking this profit

jace48

Even you know this can not be a Practical in share Markets atleast this type of market situation, So is their harm in making system Practical,

Just give me a Reply why any Trader build any Position in share market ?

In my view to earn Profits then what's harm in booking this profit
Hi kishan75 their is no harm is booking profits but you will need to take a fundamental approach of risk reward and stick to it or what ever you profit plans are. Later on it should not happen that you feel that you miss the bus or have a second thought of sticking to the plan what vinod has provided.

BTW unless vinod explain his system approach it would be difficult to improve it. Hence this exercise of best left to him,

Hi kishan75 their is no harm is booking profits but you will need to take a fundamental approach of risk reward and stick to it or what ever you profit plans are. Later on it should not happen that you feel that you miss the bus or have a second thought of sticking to the plan what vinod has provided.

BTW unless vinod explain his system approach it would be difficult to improve it. Hence this exercise of best left to him,
Hi Kishan and Jace,
A likely solution can be booking partial profits (50% or 25% at predefined target)...which can give you best of both the worlds. But Vinod must have his own valid reasons for not doing such a thing. Perhaps he can explain this to all.

Rakesh.

As he has said earlier, we dont know which trade is profitable. This is very profitable in a trending market and in volatile mkt, any system may not perform well. Regarding booking profit at 100 pts, I share a different opinion. Look at his call where it was short @ 6210. That call rocked and made huge profits. 100 pt would have cut the profit big time.

As he has said earlier, we dont know which trade is profitable. This is very profitable in a trending market and in volatile mkt, any system may not perform well. Regarding booking profit at 100 pts, I share a different opinion. Look at his call where it was short @ 6210. That call rocked and made huge profits. 100 pt would have cut the profit big time.
I think you are absolutely right, but as i explicitly mentioned atleast in this type of volatile markets where nifty is trading in a rangebound situation and don't know his futures direction,
But dear this is my suggestion only, and I know only one out of 100 suggestion can Improve any system so i gave this situatuon.

And just to remind you something that even after that huge profit call this system has given +1355.65 , I won't say that this is less but it could have been something more.

And as JACE said this decision should be left over to VINOD only our job is just to give suggestion only, So its all over now to VINOD

Status
Not open for further replies.