NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vvvv

an average system wud also work wonders in a trending market..wht abt a range bound market???? do u need a seperate system for tht??

SGM

Hello RK

My earlier post was not in response to your post. Consider this as ... :)

I agree with the points you have raised in your posts both now and earlier regarding very wide SL, use of discreation, etc. If you are interested in taking it further, plz start a new thread to discuss related design issues and possible improvements, etc.

One of the possibility to be looked in would be a different choice of the time frame, instead of using EoD can try using hourly / 30 mins. But then we are now in the realm of speculation as vinod has not disclosed his system fully.

I am sure all of us respect Vinod's choice of not responding to system design related queries.

Hopefully we can discuss these and other issues in some different thread.

Regards
Sanjay

milkyblack

NIFTY FUTURE For April 16,

Current position : Nil

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4897.15

Support : 4788
Resistance : 4934

Happy Trading.

Vinod
Well Mr. Vinod... though ur system has given losses... but then the market was ranging ... now i think again the market is gettin into trend... i might be wrong but this is my view.... in this case ur system should give positive results.... i hope it does ... but i really appreciate ur disciplined way of trading...

Regards

milkyblack

well the trend could be either way... i mean it is possible after such a upmove from 4700 to 4950(some more for today maybe)... the trend may reverse for the very short term... and may test 4800-4740 levels (or may be lower before the uptrend resumes)... but at which point the trend would reverse... for tht i guess Mr. Vinods system is really good... i hope all the traders going to take the next call by Mr. Vinod makes a good profit tht should take away all the losses of the previous 8 to 9 trades...

Good Luck

Regards

V

vvvv

Hi,
As per system we should continue to trade. but as last 8 out of 9 trades (including current trade) are loss making trades, hence it is better not to trade for some time.

Vinod
if u are a rigid follower of the system, how can u cum to such a conclusion??

nadodav

Dear All

couldn't get enough time to reply all. one thing is sure - during rangebound, any trend following system will fail. either one has to swich to another method or simply avoid trading during those periods. though, i am a rigid follower, but when you have series of losses, we have to stop some where. so i decided to stop trading because the no of consecutive losses were exceeded last year's series of losses. as sanjay has suggested, we can reduce time frame to trade during rangebound but that options i have not checked yet but will definetley look.

I do not have any other method for rangebound market and preferred to avoid trading during those periods. I also do agree that, the system is not perfect yet. I am also working on to improve & also wish to add profit target for each trade. This will take some time as i again need to test before implement. Till that time, we will continue with old one. again, decision will be yours whether to trade or not, when to stop trading, when to book profit etc.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Status
Not open for further replies.