NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For June 23,

Current position : SHORT (at 4515 on 19/06/2008)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4335.30

Profit/Loss in current trade : +179.70 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +1832.70 (1653.00+179.70)

Support : 4321
Resistance : 4482

Hold SHORT position with SL 4482. If trades above 4482, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 4321.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

vinst

Hello Friends,

As mentioned a few weeks ago, I am uploading a returns file which is very similar to the one being maintained by Vinodji. I have compared the returns from jan-01-2008 till June-20-2008. Many times R/S levels of mine and vinodji are very close, still the few times they are different seem to be making (on cumulative basis) appreciable difference. Vinodji's levels have led to nearly 1200 nifty points in the period mentioned whereas what i worked out seem to be nearly 2300 popints.
Kindly try to go through the excel file (contained in zip file) to see if inaccuracies/biases have crept in some entries. I am uploading zip file as the excel file with the graph exceeded 100kb allowed by this website.
regards,
vin

Last edited:

lvgandhi

Hello Friends,

As mentioned a few weeks ago, I am uploading a returns file which is very similar to the one being maintained by Vinodji. I have compared the returns from jan-01-2008 till June-20-2008. Many times R/S levels of mine and vinodji are very close, still the few times they are different seem to be making (on cumulative basis) appreciable difference. Vinodji's levels have led to nearly 1200 nifty points in the period mentioned whereas what i worked out seem to be nearly 2300 popints.
Kindly try to go through the excel file (contained in zip file) to see if inaccuracies/biases have crept in some entries. I am uploading zip file as the excel file with the graph exceeded 100kb allowed by this website.
regards,
vin
First Vinod's data is available on every date from the start date of comparison. Neither you have given data previously nor you have given the method to calculate. Hence comparison of vinod' data with yours is not correct. To be fair, either you should disclose your method of calculating support or resistance or if you don't want to disclose as vinod does Which is individual's right, you should start putting your support and resistance in a your thread so that others can compare both methods. If I have hurt your sentiments, sorry.

Hello Friends,

regards,
vin

You should not have compared profit and loss atleast in graph , it is acceptable in excel that you might trying to show that some times ur level and vinodji level are similar or near . but not acceptable in ur graph where only one motive was displaying difference of profit.

Because comparison can be not be done in backtesting i may give you atleast 5 systems which have given more than 3000 points in excel sheet in same period in terms of gains . but what does matters, that this gain should have come in front of members here like vinodji has given

Real Action will start when you will start posting in new thread and hands will stop sometimes before typing whenever u will be having some doubts because at that time u will think whether it will work or not since many people may follow these levels blindly (if got success in starting).

I saw ur excel sheet u and vinodji are following almost same type of calculation just few gaps are their, but same again no target or profit booking mechanism .

But anyway best wishes from my side , for ur new thread but please do not compare this thread on ur thread

vinst

Hi,

I got what I suspected earlier. My posting of an excel sheet wan't meant to derail anyone's confidence in this thread. rather I thought it could have been intergrated in the present thread.
A couple of members don't seem to have seen the excel sheet fully wherein i have given daily levels also.
yes, a valid point is real time performance (backtest is only an indication) for which i still send levels to Vinodji.

regards,
vin

Hi,

I got what I suspected earlier. My posting of an excel sheet wan't meant to derail anyone's confidence in this thread. rather I thought it could have been intergrated in the present thread.
A couple of members don't seem to have seen the excel sheet fully wherein i have given daily levels also.
yes, a valid point is real time performance (backtest is only an indication) for which i still send levels to Vinodji.

regards,
vin
I have seen ur excel and it is really appreciating , only thing which make me to post last message was ur chart in excel

And how can ur levels be intregited in this post will member not get confused by seeing two levels , its better that u start new thread for that

I am trying to stay focussed with Vinodji's system. If some body has another system thats great. I would say that it is better if we can start a separate thread so that we can also follow your system. Mixing up both systems in one thread would make every body confused.

Just my 2 cents...

NIFTY FUTURE For June 23,

Current position : SHORT (at 4515 on 19/06/2008)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4335.30

Profit/Loss in current trade : +179.70 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +1832.70 (1653.00+179.70)

Support : 4321
Resistance : 4482

Hold SHORT position with SL 4482. If trades above 4482, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 4321.

Happy Trading.

Vinod
Greetings Vinodji,

What to do when NIFTY breaks your given support level of 4321 (today)?
1) Since your current signal is "to hold short position", should i enter shorts when it broke your Support level of 4321?
2) Hypothetically, Let's say if NIFTY touched 4321 and went back up, then should I enter longs or not? or is it only long when when NIFTY breaks your Resistance levels OF 4482?
3)For example today NIFTY went past your given support level of 4321. Since previously you had mentioned that I should go long near (just above) the support level, i blindly went long and burnt my fingers today. After further reading, just realized that back then, your "overall signal" was long and so it made sense to go long just a little bit above your support level. (Am I correct in understanding?)
4)Today since your "overall signal" was to go short:
Ideally I could have waited until NIFTY comes just below the given Resistance level to short. (This was similar to your answer that you had given to me before, just reversed.) The confusion was what to do when NIFTY broke your support level since your current position is to stay short. Was it wise for some one to go short when it broke your support level?

If you already have answered a similar query, some one can just let me know or better tell me what page so I can read it up. I am yet to complete reading this whole thread.

Thanks,

Rajesh

nadodav

Greetings Vinodji,

What to do when NIFTY breaks your given support level of 4321 (today)?
1) Since your current signal is "to hold short position", should i enter shorts when it broke your Support level of 4321?
2) Hypothetically, Let's say if NIFTY touched 4321 and went back up, then should I enter longs or not? or is it only long when when NIFTY breaks your Resistance levels OF 4482?
3)For example today NIFTY went past your given support level of 4321. Since previously you had mentioned that I should go long near (just above) the support level, i blindly went long and burnt my fingers today. After further reading, just realized that back then, your "overall signal" was long and so it made sense to go long just a little bit above your support level. (Am I correct in understanding?)
4)Today since your "overall signal" was to go short:
Ideally I could have waited until NIFTY comes just below the given Resistance level to short. (This was similar to your answer that you had given to me before, just reversed.) The confusion was what to do when NIFTY broke your support level since your current position is to stay short. Was it wise for some one to go short when it broke your support level?

If you already have answered a similar query, some one can just let me know or better tell me what page so I can read it up. I am yet to complete reading this whole thread.

Thanks,

Rajesh
Hi Rajesh,

Assume that Current Signal is LONG (support is : 4300, Resistance : 4400)
We can enter two ways.

First one is near SUPPORT. If market trades around 4320, you can enter LONG with SL as 4300 if market goes below 4300, than you will simply reverse position and go SHORT & you are into the system.

Second is near RESISTANCE -If market is trading near RESISTANCE than we can try to enter early into next probable SHORT trade by entering SHORT just below resistance. In this example if maret is trading say, 4380 than we can go SHORT with SL 4400. if SL is hit, than we just exit SHORT position but will not go LONG. If market reverses without hitting RESISTANCE & gives Sell signal, than this will be very good trade as we have entered quite early into the SHORT trade & if not, we will end-up with 20 points losses.

Both above methods are low risk methods. We can also apply both the methods intraday to change position early by risking say 20 points.
20 points is just an example, you can choose whatever points as per your risk appetite.

If you still have any doubts, pl let me know.

Vinod

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.