NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadodav

if you are familiar with positional trading, i think 150+ stoploss is very common. If you keep stoploss small, you may be stopped out frequently and major part of the move may not be captured. at the same time if stoploss is very far than, entry and exit will late. so my stoplosses are combination of two. Stoploss calculation is ultimately depends on volatality. so if market moves in big range both the sides, than SL range will be wide & if market trades in small range, SL range will be narrow.

Vinod

Y
es I agree with u.Trading with 150+points stoploss levels is not a good trade in nifty future.

aabhi06

Vinodbhai,
I think your stoploss calculation in volatile market 150 points is perfect & now days sometime market volatile in
big range . we are trading 6200/20500 range so you mentioned stoploss theory as per my view is perfect.
If any trader in nifty future follow your positional trading in nifty future with trust surely will get positive result.Vinod bhai your theory
is excellen !!!
Abhishek.

Hello Mahendra Kumar
Ur Obsn On The +150 Pts Stoploss. I Wish 2 Express My Views Of The Same. While Deciding On The Sl There R Many Ways To Do So. One Can B As Per Ur Ability 2 Take Risks(losses) , Other And The Effective Way Is To Determine The Subsequent Level Of The Mkt And Wait 4 It To B Breached. Here Mr Vinod Is Giving Us The Next Level Of The Nifty Which Once Breached Will Turn The Mkt Bullish So At That Point There Will B No Point To Hold Ur Shorts Beyond That Level.
In Order To Trade Nifty Future At This Point U Cannot Avoid These Sl As They R Calculated Mathematically And Cannot B Decided Otherwise. One Way Out Would B To Decide As To How Many Lots U Trade Based On Ur Risk Apetite.

As Per Pure Pivot Point Calcn Yesterday's Support Was At 6044 And Todays Was At 6003. As Per My Suggestion 2 Hold Ur Posn (longs In This Case Till The Days Closing) These Levels Were Not Breached Till Now. So I M Holding My Long Posns Based On This. Lets See How Does The Mkt Fan Out. The Support For Monday As Per My Calcn Is At 6013 If The Nifty Spot Closes Below That I Will Quit My Longs But Would Not Initiate Any Shorts At This Moment. Lets Wait And Watch.

Regards
Robin

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For December 17,

Current position : SHORT (at 6074 on 13/12/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 6071.80

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +2.20 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +203.20 (201.00+2.20)

Support : 6045
Resistance : 6120

Hold SHORT positions with SL 6120. If trades above 6120, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 6045.

Nifty Fut.xls updated in my 1st message

Happy Trading !

Vinod

nadodav

Hi Robin,

I must appreciate your keen interest & valuable suggestions. The only intention to start this thread is to trade nifty future in more disciplined and mechanical way so that over longer period you not only be a effective trader but your portfolio should also appreciate more than any otherway. i have come across number of blind traders trading nifty. they are buying or selling against trend and eventually end up with large losses and ultimetely stop trading. I also receive lots of messages in my messanger as i am posting in yahoo group NIFTYFUTURE since one year asking that i have shorted nifty or bought nifty and my position is having a loss of 300-400 points now what to do ? should i hold my position ? will market recover or fall further ? etc. So i thought & started this thread. You are more matured and technical person than others but please understand and do not take it wrong. it is not important how the levels are calculated as i feel it is my own proprietory method and will not prefer to share. As i also told in my earlier message that this is my model of mechanical system. what ever system it may be as long as it generates money you should be following. This is my model of trading. The best way to judge whether to follow mechanical system or not is to compare your own trading result with this kind of system after 6 months or a year. if you earned more than the system, than probably no changes is needed in your trading style or if there is vase difference than one should look seriously to their trading style.

Now as long as your suggestion is concern -

1) If We Take The Levels And Apply It To The Days Closing Price( Rather Than Changing The Posns Intraday) No Of Loss Trades Reduce Considerably.

yes if we can apply on closing prices, no of loss trades reduces considerably but at the same time either we may not get in to the trends early. because in case of short covering, market some times move up so fast so we have to wait till next day to take an entry and if market opens with gap, than we may also loose some points. So in general, I think overall result will not have much impact.

2) In An Uptrend We Should Not Take The Short Posns(we Should Just Exit Our Longs Whenever The Support Is Breached At The Closing And Then Wait For The Next Buy Signal That Is When The Resistance Is Breached)we Can Avoid A Lot Of Loss Trades

My model is testing each and every signal. if we wait to take short position for second level, than again our entry will late. so again there are both possibility. if you wait than you can avoid some loss making trades in uptrend or you can get late entry incase of reversal. one can also use nifty opitons. e.g. if you are having a good profit say 200 or 300 points in your position, you can invest part of your profit to hedge by buying put or call options so incase if market reverses till we exit our position, some part of gain can be protected

Thanks. please share your views

I am also inviting all other members for active participation to share their views, doubts etc.

Vinod

Hello Mr Vinod And All Members
I Would Like To Appreciate The Initiative And Effort To Start And Continue This Thread. This Thread Has The Potential To Become A Leading Platform For Learning And Sharing The Knowledge Of Nifty Future Trading Where New Members Can B Nurtured And Cautioned About The Traps Of The Market. At The Same Time We Can Come To The Common Conclusion Of The Most Effective Way Of Trading.

Over A Period Of Time However I Found That The Aim And Potential Of This Thread Is Gradually Diluting.if Discussions , Doubts And Their Clarifiacations Are Not Forthcoming This Thread I Fear Will B Reduced To A Place Where Mr Vinod Will Give The Levels And The Rest Of Us Will Just Read And Follow.

At This Point I Will Request Mr Vinod To Please Intervene And Clarify The Aim Of This Thread.

Mr Vinod I Will Again Request U To Please Clarify That "how Are The Levels Calculated" And What Other Factors Do U Take Into Consideration Other Than Pivot Points? In Case U Do Not Wish 2 Divulge The Same Please Mention It. My Reservation In That Case Will Only B That New Members Will Not At All B Benefited By Ur Experience And Will Get Into Being Dependent Forever.

As Far As My Wish To Contribute Goes:
I Had Tested The Pivot System For Each Day Since Nov 2004
A Few Observations(...suggestions):
1) If We Take The Levels And Apply It To The Days Closing Price( Rather Than Changing The Posns Intraday) No Of Loss Trades Reduce Considerably.
2) In An Uptrend We Should Not Take The Short Posns(we Should Just Exit Our Longs Whenever The Support Is Breached At The Closing And Then Wait For The Next Buy Signal That Is When The Resistance Is Breached)we Can Avoid A Lot Of Loss Trades.

Regards
Robin

Last edited:

marcus

wat happened to the stats u were going to post friend?

what about your position sizing technique? Do u vary position size?

Please share this aspect as well.

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For December 18,

Nifty Fut Closed at : 5779.80

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +294.20 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +495.20 (201.00+294.20)

Support : 5765
Resistance : 5978

Hold SHORT positions with SL 5978. If trades above 5978, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 5765.

Happy Trading !

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For December 19,

Nifty Fut Closed at : 5778.31

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +295.69 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +496.69 (201.00+295.69)

Support : 5772
Resistance : 5910

Hold SHORT positions with SL 5910. If trades above 5910, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 5772.

Happy Trading !

Vinod

Hello Mr Vinod And All Members
It Was Very Nice For U 2 Explain The Aim Of The Thread And My Doubts.
Though Initially I Was A Bit Sceptical About Ur Levels And Ur Style Of Trading But Let Me Accept The Fact That With Time My Respect 4 U N Ur System Is Growing Rapidly. Ur Calmness And Cool Head Deserves To B Appreciated And Recognized.

For Members Who R Still In Doubt About Ur System , Let Me Tell All Of Them That Out Of The So Many Sites And System Which I Follow This Was The Only Man Who Was Short Prior To The Fall On Monday.

Hope To See And Hear More Of U. And One More Thing I Understand And Repect Ur Decision Of Not Divulging Ur Methodology Of Calcn Of Levels And Will Not Ask Again.best Of Luck.

Regards
Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.