Not open for further replies.
Dear Savantji

further please find the pivot and pride for 10-Sep-2009

Pivot reported early entry at 11:25 am.

Am I doing something wrong :confused:

How do I paste an image?

Thanks
Suresh
Try uploading you image at imageshack or tinypic and then paste the link between
tags.
Let me know if you still have any problems.

Dear Savantji

I am looking forward to your comments, Sirjee.

Also, your response on my issues in
http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/9110-nifty-intraday-pivot-points-199.html#post360722

Do you think adding VPA and turtle for further triggers is advisable or this system should be enough to trade profitably? As I am not very experienced, I need approval of an experienced trader like yourself to build my confidence in trading this system and/or suggest me on what is missing in the system.

Your opinion is very important to me.

Thanks
Suresh

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Hi Suresh,

1) I Am A Minimalist...Therefore Whatever I Have So Far Is Sufficient For What I Do.

2) Yes, SMA Is Simple Moving Average, Also Referred To As MA Or DMA

3) What Is Spewed Out In Terms Of Calculation Is At The End Of The Day...Is A Result Of Human Mind....Therefore, When Certain Resistances Or Supports Are Omitted...It Is Omitted Physically By Me..Because Those Figures May Not Hold Any Relevance For That Day.

4) I Have No Further Comments On Pride's System, Other Than Whatever I Have Already Mentioned Earlier.

5) ATR Also....Is Something That I Don't Follow.

6) VPA, & Any Other That You May Throw At Me....Is Not Followed So Far....Therefore I Am Not The Right Person To Ask About. Turtle Trading, I Studied It But Has Lost Relevance For Me In Our Markets.

7) If You Keep Running The Exploration On An Endless Loop....It Means You Want To Either Trade Intraday...Or Scalp....Is Something That I Don't Do....Except For Scaling Up Or Scaling Down...My Positional Trades.

8) I Don't Have Any Charting Software, Except Simple Functions That Were Built Into The Software That I Got Programmed Which Is Based On VS Fox Pro.....To Do The Routine Work From The Bhavcopy.....Thinking Of Changing Over To AmiBroker....For Which I Will Need To Get The AFLs Done....& Hopefully It Will Be Faster Than My Present Custom Program.

9) Just Reaching Or Crossing The Pivot Or Any Point Is No Reason To BUY Or SELL....If A Particular Point Is Reached Or Crossed...One Has To Observe...That Crossing Over Is Sustained Before Taking An Entry.

Will Let You How To Get Things Across To My Email...Later.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Hi Suresh,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Correct - Same Algo Should Be Used

Since I Have Yet To See Your Pivots....Effectiveness Can't Be Speculated The values generated are exactly same as yours with a point difference (sometimes) due to rounding. However, I have not figured out when your calculations omit certain supports or resistance.

Stochastic & SMA Crossover Is My Personal Choice...But Can't Really Say Anything About RSI & MACD Or Others....Since I Have Not Looked Into...& Hence It Would Not Be Fair To Discard Them Either.

SMA = simple moving average? to be sure :)

There Are 3 Trading Strategies With Entry & Exit In The Thread 'Trading The Bars' Of Equity Section.....Although They Were Outlined For FX, It Should Work Well With NF & BNF....But You Will Need To Put Them To Test.

Will do that.

I Have Just Had A Look At The Charts Posted There With Entry & Exit Of Pride's System, In My Opinion They Give Away Much More In Profit, Waiting For Both The Crossover & Stochastic To Confirm....Entries....Just To Maintain 'Profit Everyday' & My Comment If Any Was For 30 Min. Which Isn't Advisable, In My Opinion.

I found that post from you on that thread, and hence investigating on how multiple combinations work together. i.e. 5, 10, 15, 30, 60. For now the best results are achieved with 5,10 or 5,15. Entry when 5 min stochk is positive with lower value and stochk10/stoch15 is about to get bullish (bearish and stochk15 moving upwards) and ema crossover gives early results sometimes. In certain instances it gave early signals although the system needs to be refined further.

Until I Actually See The System, Difficult & Not Fair To Comment.

BTW, Which TA software you are using?

I Am A Positional Trader...Therefore Any View On My Part Will Always Be Biased Towards Positional....Therefore Somebody Else Will Need To Play The Devil's Advocate On This.

Even The Best System Can Look Bad During Certain Market Conditions...Therefore Tweaks For Different Market Conditions Will Need To Worked Upon....While There Is No Solution For Extremely Choppy Market Conditions.

Savantji, some articles on internet refer to use "Average True Range" indicator to identify the choppy markets. I have not been able to use it in effective manner. Your opinion.

I Am Not Good At Mind Reading...Therefore Difficult To Reply To This.

I have selected some high liquidity/normal to high beta stocks and run a continuous exploration (every minute) to find certain conditions/events happening on certain stocks. Let us say I leave the exploration running to speak out when the stock crosses its main pivot point so it gives me opportunity to trade in few stocks and generates few trade opportunities. Your pros and cons on this strategy.

Savantji, where do I send the stuff:
Paste it on this forum or through an email. if email I do not have yours.
What do I send, charts/afls/algorithms?

Thanks again for your invaluable support.

Best Regards
Suresh

SavantGarde

Hi Suresh,

Looks The Same...But Can't Tally It Just Now, Because It Is On The Other Computer......I Think Perhaps...A Very Successful Reverse Engineering...:)

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Pivot points for 14th September
R05, R10, R15, R20, .... are R1, R2, R3, R4, ...
similarly S05, S10, S15, S20, .... are S1, S2, S3, S4, ...
PP is the main Pivot point and "d" suffix is for daily.

Dear Savantji

VFP is so good. I prefer using it for data manipulation compared to other tools.

I agree Savantji, real profits have to come from trading in longer periods and not intraday. However, to build confidence and patience I must try it on small time frame first.

Sir jee, Do you approve my algo for pivot points? If yes, can the weekly pivot points image pasted below be used for trading within a week instead of trading within a day?

R05, R10, R15, R20, .... are R1, R2, R3, R4, ...
similarly S05, S10, S15, S20, .... are S1, S2, S3, S4, ...
PP is the main Pivot point and "w" suffix is for weekly.

I was impressed by your confidence in holding the 4700 call when everyone was squaring it off. I would like to be that confident and will learn the position trading to build that. Is the "Position Trading" thread good enough as a first step for a starter like me.

Thanks again Savantji, for your time and evaluation of my algo and system. Your views are very well appreciated.

Thanks
Suresh

Status
Not open for further replies.