Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Option.Trader

Down ..down .. down... but look out for 5525 if it holds... it looks to be a double bottom at that along with a fibonacci regression line. Options dont suggest any near term support whereas on the call side, 5700 looks to be the top for any pull back. It becomes too easy with all rallies being sold into to a point when nobody is buying at all.. looks scary
Well sometimes we should go with the instinct... and nifty gives you many such moments... Jamit looks like catching most of them... WE had suggested all rallies will get sold into... i had 5500 Puts at mouth watering 25 levels and then had kept 32 as SL for today... guess what it went upto 31.70 and then never looked back... but call writing saved the day... 5600 CE looks so distant now... not so when i wrote at 102

Last edited:

Option.Trader

Date: 9.4.13

What a rocking day!...is it so easy? Sell on rallies...well markets have this habit of surprising people... But something disturbing is cooking up.. FII's have abandoned futures and moving to options... 1000 crores of options bought today and i suspect it to be 5200PE being bought... beware.. once nifty fills the gap near 5446..

Option.Trader

Can someone help me out interpreting the data here..my brain is fried analysing other professional things... so would greatly appreciate group thinking..
The below picture shows the FII statistics and participant wise position

The FII statistics suggested FII bought 192 crores of Index options... but participant wise contracts dont show any buying at all.. all show up as contracts liquidated... does it mean they were short and covered it?

SexyTrader

Can someone help me out interpreting the data here..my brain is fried analysing other professional things... so would greatly appreciate group thinking..
The below picture shows the FII statistics and participant wise position

The FII statistics suggested FII bought 192 crores of Index options... but participant wise contracts dont show any buying at all.. all show up as contracts liquidated... does it mean they were short and covered it?

Simple! They are SHORTING the market as a whole...nothing to analyze !

They do not want their money to get stuck in such a mess :D :p

nac

I don't know how you come up with the numbers (bottom table).

If it's the difference between the previous day's data, then it's wrong. The data in the table is just the day's, not the cumulative figure.

We can plot those numbers like we plot volume, and study the chart along with price.

This is my view... Comment, if I am wrong.

I don't know how you come up with the numbers (bottom table).

If it's the difference between the previous day's data, then it's wrong. The data in the table is just the day's, not the cumulative figure.

We can plot those numbers like we plot volume, and study the chart along with price.

This is my view... Comment, if I am wrong.
You may be correct... will look into it more at days end

jamit_05

Am expecting a mad rush to 5435, which is a possible support, partly by a gap down open and a quick dash. But will the trend change from there? Given the current scenario, definitely No! This, however, could change in matter of hours. So will keep tabs on various fronts.

Bad news for Bulls:
1) 5200 PE attracted major interest.
2) Yesterday, price retested a daily pivot of 5600 and crashed down, decisively. Hence, at least some continuation is expected.
3) It is that time of the year when it is in the best interest for Institutions to be decisive.

sabhlok_r

Am expecting a mad rush to 5435, which is a possible support, partly by a gap down open and a quick dash. But will the trend change from there? Given the current scenario, definitely No! This, however, could change in matter of hours. So will keep tabs on various fronts.

Bad news for Bulls:
1) 5200 PE attracted major interest.
2) Yesterday, price retested a daily pivot of 5600 and crashed down, decisively. Hence, at least some continuation is expected.
3) It is that time of the year when it is in the best interest for Institutions to be decisive.
Amit... nf shorted @ 5520

Status
Not open for further replies.