Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infy's reputation as a blue chip stock is tarnished for a long time down... damn thing is down 20% ....
Well.. they will take out all expectations out and then emerge as a phoenix... well wishful thinking at least... but seriously what kind of a guidance is 6-10% when NASSCOM says IT industry guidance is 12-14%.. so a IT major is saying it will deliver below industry guidance...
I wouldnt be surprised to see it test 2100 levels again

Last edited:

jamit_05

Bears are now going full-on !! Today is likely to be a massacre... !!

Thank God I held my original shorts... (did have less sleep last night though !! )

Bears added 10L in OI
Bulls withdrew 4L

Diff of 14L in the start... plus the Infy fall, sentiment is pretty clear.

jamit_05

Well.. they will take out all expectations out and then emerge as a phoenix... well wishful thinking at least... but seriously what kind of a guidance is 6-10% when NASSCOM says IT industry guidance is 12-14%.. so a IT major is saying it will deliver below industry guidance...
I wouldnt be surprised to see it test 2100 levels again

This is Infy's tradition: "To promise less, deliver more"

It is still a very good company, but such a display instill a sense of insecurity amongst retail investors. Probably, this is what the Big Boys want.... panic on the streets... small pockets to sell stock at lower levels.

jamit_05

Oh, Yes... money always comes to India.

Good idea.. looking at Infy OI the bias is bearish. Support at 2800 and strong resistance at 2900.

And infy is already up 2.5% before results... are the results gonna be so good that it will break above 2900... I doubt it. But, yes if results are bad it may lose 2.5% too... lets see...
The option table did make it clear that crossing 2900 on Infy will be hard... tks Doc.

calic

Bears are now going full-on !! Today is likely to be a massacre... !!

Thank God I held my original shorts... (did have less sleep last night though !! )

Bears added 10L in OI
Bulls withdrew 4L

Diff of 14L in the start... plus the Infy fall, sentiment is pretty clear.
Amit Bhai
Where do you check the intraday change in OI?

R M

As per participantwise volumes data FII bought net 9K contracts in index futures, 41K in index CE and 31K in stock futures yesterday. Did they read infy wrong or we are in for some surprise later?
Maybe they are not good at reading infy, they were wrong in Jan too. :D

regards.
rm

jamit_05

As per participantwise volumes data FII bought net 9K contracts in index futures, 41K in index CE and 31K in stock futures yesterday. Did they read infy wrong or we are in for some surprise later?
Maybe they are not good at reading infy, they were wrong in Jan too. :D

regards.
rm
So, they made purchases yest. And that was against the trend.

If FII can get trampled by the trend, then we do not stand a chance....

Status
Not open for further replies.