Nifty Positional Trading - Super Trend Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Does the profit figure exclude the expenses ? This comes to an average of 150 points per month ! It may go down marginally if expense are not taken. It sure looks good if not outstanding. With the ease of use and clear cut entries and SL ,is surely worth giving a closer look.
The analysis is purely on entry and reverse basis or there are areas where you book partial profits?
If you are not booking partial profits then, have you analysed how the strategy would fare if some Profit is taken at some target? Do share the same if done.
If not done can it be done easily or is it a big hassel to do this analysis.
It is calculated without brokerage, slippage and transaction costs. The results are purely on entry and reverse basis. Not booked partial profits anywhere.

I have not analysed how the strategy would fare if some Profit is taken at some target as it involves adding an extra code to the afl

msa5678

It is calculated without brokerage, slippage and transaction costs. The results are purely on entry and reverse basis. Not booked partial profits anywhere.

I have not analysed how the strategy would fare if some Profit is taken at some target as it involves adding an extra code to the afl
That part of the analysis needs to be done manually. Writing code for that is not possible in my understanding. :)

msa5678

2008 was the massive profitable year , 400 point average per month.
Inconsistency is the major flaw in the system. Not only this system, but any AFL based trading. 1 year u will get 4K+ points and other years around 500 points. Reason for this is that the parameters on which the indicators are generated are inconsistent over a period of time.

Solution is to trade using atleast 2 trading systems. Instead of trading with 2 lots in one system. It is better to trade with 1 lot in each one. That way if one system is going in loss the other one may fill the gap. Caveat, Both the systems may give loss in some months. But it is very rare. I would like to suggest another system to couple with Super trend , if it is not going to disturb the flow of the thread. :)

Cubt

Algo Trader
Msa,
Other system I would suggest is ORB. ORB system has given consistent returns year on year basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.