NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusi

Your applications for Now and Nest are better than most others Yusifi since it has backfill also. Though you have given too many options for change of name of Futures where users will trouble you.
Though I did not use it much since it was not giving quotes for Spot Nifty at the time.
Thanks.
That is generous of you. While I am currently not distributing the utilities, they are available to you anytime if required.

Actually no, the future renaming has only caused problems with one user; and that is because he did not know what he wanted. Otherwise, the only issue is that the NIFTY-I option is intentionally not available; this causes problems to those who migrate.

josh1

Used NOW2AMI today. This time I could configure it in under 10 minutes. Worked smoothly. Current day Backfill also worked smoothly. Very good work Yusifi. Professional App! ...:thumb:

If I had stumbled upon this app earlier, I might not have developed my own.

candle

avishgr, google for Now2Ami or use the link in post #3 of this thread.

But, more importantly, the utilities are not available to new users; at least for the rest of this year.

Dear Yusi,

I highly appreciate your sincere work for RT datafeed to amibroker. I would like to know whether you have decided to share your utility to some newbie like me? I would highly appretiate your kindness.

Thanks yusi.

candle

josh1

Hi Yusi,

Today I started data capture in NOW2AMI at 9:06. Obviously, it stopped capture stating its before market time. However it did not start capture at 9:15 on its own. I started capture manually at 9:25.
I suppose you can take care of this simple problem.

regards

yusi

Hi Yusi,

Today I started data capture in NOW2AMI at 9:06. Obviously, it stopped capture stating its before market time. However it did not start capture at 9:15 on its own. I started capture manually at 9:25.
I suppose you can take care of this simple problem.

regards

Since the utility is multi-market, a global setting called Capture Hours is available under Settings -> Program. By default it is set to 9:10 to 15:31 to cover NSE equities & F&O.

So, if you had started data capture after 9:10, it would not have stopped but attempted to continue to capture. You can change the value if you want.

For CDS, the capture time would need to change to before 9:00 and after 5:00. For a market watch that has multiple market instruments, the individual capture times are controlled by the specific Market hours (also adjustable in Settings).

josh1

May be I did not explain my point properly.
Say Market Start Time is 9:15. Then I should be able to switch on Capture any time before that. Say I switched on at 9:00 then application should wait till 9:15 and start capturing after that.

Timer
If current time > Start time or Current Time < End time
Do data capture
Else go back to timer

Something similar to that. Hope, I have explained clearly now.

Last edited:

yusi

May be I did not explain my point properly.
Say Market Start Time is 9:15. Then I should be able to switch on Capture any time before that. Say I switched on at 9:00 then application should wait till 9:15 and start capturing after that.

Timer
If current time > Start time or Current Time < End time
Do data capture
Else go back to timer

Something similar to that. Hope, I have explained clearly now.
Had got your point at the outset. By default, if you switch on capture after 9:10, it will continue to attempt to capture, and for NSE Eq/FO will actually start at 9:15. It will stop the timer after 15:31.

If you change Capture Hours to range from 0:01 to 23:59, then it will behave the way you mention.

I am facing some problem with the opening price. I am using Nest2Ami.
Can any one let me know what was the opening price for NF Feb today? It seemed to have opened at 6022. But now NEST is showing 6025. NSE Tame is showing 6045. I cant understand that Tame chart. It is showing Open as 6045 but high is 6028.
Another problem I noticed is that my Amibroker prints one tick at 9:15 equal to the opening price and then starts printing another candle for 9:16.
Any help?

yusi

I am facing some problem with the opening price. I am using Nest2Ami.
Can any one let me know what was the opening price for NF Feb today? It seemed to have opened at 6022. But now NEST is showing 6025. NSE Tame is showing 6045. I cant understand that Tame chart. It is showing Open as 6045 but high is 6028.
Another problem I noticed is that my Amibroker prints one tick at 9:15 equal to the opening price and then starts printing another candle for 9:16.
Any help?
The consensus between NOW / Odin is that today's open price is 6025.50 and the high is 6028.80 for NIFTY14FebFut. Do not know about Tame.

Thought that the additional bar with exact market opening time had been corrected version 0.88 onwards. Which version are you using? Email, if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.