NSE NOW i.e. Neat On Web

Raju

From my experience ...

"Now" - Execution/Quote refresh is good

Disadvantages -
Sometimes hangs , but can login fast and work starts with speed
Stop Loss Market Order - Has support but a bug is there - did not work with me atleast.

Raju

I am using - NOW 1.4.10.0 from DotEx International

ok, for me NOW is totally new, version numbers i dnt know.

and if NOW freezes/hangs do we immediately come to know tht it has hanged or we come to know after few seconds ?

from DotEx International ? didnt understood it ? whats it ?
and plz guide me to get best and fastest refresh & trade executing speed while using N.O.W.

Raju

from DotEx International ? didnt understood it ? whats it ?
and plz guide me to get best and fastest refresh & trade executing speed while using N.O.W.
vkas,

I have had experience using ICICIDIRECT,RKGLOBAL - WebBased and Sharekhan TradeTiger.Different brokers support "NOW" , developed by Dotex International.U have to have an account with such brokers ..eg.Zerodha/BNR securities/etc...

Following things are done/available with me ..to maintain good speed on machine.Internet bandwidth should be atleast 512kbps.In my area Tata provides such speed, BSNL have drops.Hathway Internet is bad in my area.Others I don't know.

I have Internet Speed of 384kbps with 2GB Ram on PC.
  1. Defragmentation of HDD ( atleast "c" drive) - To be done daily
  2. Diskcleanup - To be done daily
  3. Put page file of system on different drives.Page file should be 1.5 times of system ram.
  4. Do not install unnecessary program on PC
  5. Do not put all garbage on u'r Desktop(C:\Documents and Settings\Raju\Desktop)
  6. Keep PC updated with latest anitivirus updates and windows update
  7. If u have less ram and unable to increase then start machine in Safe Mode with Networking."Now" works fine in this mode and in this mode unnecessary drivers are not started.Saves Memory.

I hope I have answered to the point.If u need more details of NOW u can contact any broker who supports it.All questions could be very well answered by them.

Raju

rajubhai,

thx a lots for ur detailed reply :)

yesterday nite was waiting for your reply to be posted and after waiting for some times i logged off.

was pleased to find ur reply posted to my query in the morning

have copied and saved ur reply with me.

thx once again for your guidance. :)

josh1

I am using NOW since September 10 from out of India. There is no problem with it. Link from outside India is www.now-online.in (note the "-"). I have a 1 mbps cable connection but I think it will run efficiently on 254 kbps also.
Anyway 384 kb is standard in India also.

I experienced problem of stoploss not working couple of times but it was because I had not kept the spread sufficiently wide.

Last edited:
hi...
I dont think that now is better than odin. I tried working on it for a month when I was working frm home. I faced a lot of problems. the basic thing is that 'now' comes free & for 'odin', the broker has to pay for every lisence. hence, the brokers are promoting 'now' these days.
Hey Anurag when was this (working from Home), because if it was long back check out the latest version of NOW you will definitely like it. Sometimes the rates are even faster than NEAT.