O-a-n-d-a mt4 users feedback

Spreads and slippages are a feature of REAL market scenario. We should understand why the spreads increase during news. You see, most of the times, the expected news is factored into the price already. The problem comes, when it is not.

The prices that we see on any broker are actually fed by liquidity provided by big hedge funds, banks and other institutions. They are the real market makers and movers. During the event of an unexpected news, no one really knows what could be a good BID/OFFER to quote. As a result, the top guys out there get conservative and do not quote as close as otherwise. In other words, they pull back their BIDS and OFFERS. The spreads that we see are BEST BIDS and OFFERS(ideally). As a result, the best BID OFFERS widen and thus the spread.

Same thing happens with slippage. One should understand how the stop orders are executed in real market to understand the slippage.
When the price reaches your STOP price, the STOP order becomes a market order and is immediately fired for trade. Whatever next counterparty this order finds, it deals with it. In case of high liquidity, the other guy will be found pretty close to your stop price(or at the same price) and you experience no slippage. During illiquid times, this is not the case and slippage occurs.

I am sorry if you were already aware of all this.This might come to you as unneccesary rant then.

If not you, this post might answer questions of some one else.

I have traded my personal account with Oanda and have been very pleased with them.

Disclaimer: I am not an IB with them. They dont have any IBs. I do not get any benefit if you get your account with them .
Thats okay.But being an MM broker it is quite unlikely to see variable spreads and slippage on Oanda.I have seen a couple of MM brokers with tight spreads as low as 1 pip for majors and 0% slippages for pending orders during news events and high volatile times.(but have other disadvantages like slow execution during normalcy)Unlike an ECN broker who varies the spread in accordance with the interbank.
BTW have you tried news trading (straddling ) with them.If there is slippage and spread widening,it will be impossible to trade news ,I suppose.

Hi Guys , I saw your posts above regarding Meta trader 4 and I am new to forex trading so thought to once practice on their demo account but after making a transaction I am not able to modify it I even downloaded their demo ideo from two different sources but it also did not help, is there anyway you can help?

Rkji

hi sandeep

pls email customer services

regards
rishi

Hi Guys , I saw your posts above regarding Meta trader 4 and I am new to forex trading so thought to once practice on their demo account but after making a transaction I am not able to modify it I even downloaded their demo ideo from two different sources but it also did not help, is there anyway you can help?