One quick question to all traders who consider themselves as successful....

rvm123

u can learn things in few months; but that will help only to about 40%. however luck is a big element which should favour to achieve the balance 60%. Otherwise 3 years or 30 years also will not matter much

ag_fx

u can learn things in few months; but that will help only to about 40%. however luck is a big element which should favour to achieve the balance 60%. Otherwise 3 years or 30 years also will not matter much

LUCK=Labour Under Correct Knowledge

You dont need any other thing to succeed in the market dude..

sudoku1

The ONLY sure thing abt luck is that it WILL CHANGE !!;)

gunavadhi

luck wont do anything in trading, most of the times u'll be unlucky. the only succesful way is to make it 100% mechanical. If u think u r gone. I've a questionaire in my hand whenver i have to make trading descision and trust me it really works.
post that questionaire here mintu

luck wont do anything in trading, most of the times u'll be unlucky. the only succesful way is to make it 100% mechanical. If u think u r gone. I've a questionaire in my hand whenver i have to make trading descision and trust me it really works.
Well, i have white board in front of me..on which i have written my mistakes. I look at them whenever i am emotional ( when fear and greed ripping me apart). And today it helped me :clap: as i didn't get out of the trade due to fear.

prabit

Well, i have white board in front of me..on which i have written my mistakes. I look at them whenever i am emotional ( when fear and greed ripping me apart). And today it helped me :clap: as i didn't get out of the trade due to fear.

mintu_millionaire is on a distinguished road
Default Re: One quick question to all traders who consider themselves as successful....
Well mintu and vipin pl post the questionaire and white board, otherwise your post looks unfinished.
Well here is my thought. 1. Information and knowledge about the fundamentals and technicals. 2. Control over emotions mainly fear and greed .
3. Courage or risk appetite.
enjoy trading

oilman5

it takes time.........time to learn. i personally think.......its 10 yr.
if ever learns within 3yr of start of trade journey........that person is genius -multimillioner.
i am an av, with amateurish discreationary view :for me a slow learner to learn at present 20yr journey........yet i have not reached trade mastery.
to understand management terms and trading is a business .......it took me around 4yr.
market condition -global economy-marketing lies .......another 3yr
risk management and understanding on defined term.........its actually an oppurtunity......3yr.
play --when to add, entry-exit ........2yr.
SEARCHING -TAKING COACHING-WASTING TIME ......5YR
.......finetuning myself with myself(my ego conversion to humility) and sensing no move zone....reading GREED OF PEOPLE .......presently 3yr
btw...........in 1991...........my return was >100%
presently i plan in reality 25% . ......yes approx. 2% per month...
yes in last month........i book a loss of 5lakh on a single trade.
.........i dont trade f & o.
on self analysis my fundamental analysis pathetically poor.......technical accuracy 70%
by seeing pattern .......normally getting 5% up-down is possible.
BY MY DEFN WHEN I MAKE 1CR.......I MAY CONSIDER I UNDERSTAND trading to earn

prabit

Hi friends, success and failure are relative terms. I don't think any trader can call himself successful. In history many traders who were considered successful, at times they failed.Like business. Lahman, AIG, GM , these were highly successful business empire.They fell like pack of cards. I read book by Lary King. At times he also lost averything. To err is human.Today who is successful, tomorrow he may be a failure, reason may be anything.
However, I think any intelligent man can learn the technique with time,effort and practice. But most traders are in the dark about the most important thing.Most important thing is being 100% mechanical or objectivity, yes controlling emotions like greed,fear,panic,courage, exitement, overconfidence.Also to some extent trading is game of chance. So difficult to say whether you are successful or not.