Option selling

doonyadav

Now stop loss is 7940 on lower side and 8060 on upper side on EOD basis Nifty future
Will adjust the position on Monday between 9:30am to 10:00am, as NF closed above our limit.
There are 3 ways
1. exit call short
2. add put short
3. do nothing as there is no threat to our strategy, is in the range of our strikes

experts please suggest

Subhadip

Sold Dec 7900 pe - 106 and Dec 8200ce - 90 (Paper Trade only)
Total credit 196. Stoploss = Nifty Future above 8130 or below 7920
Means if NF trade above 8130 then will exit ce short and if below 7920 then exit pe short.
only these position is having bad downside risk.

I ma igonoring upside risk..

travi

My 2 cents, that's why paper trading is also very dangerous.
Since its paper, your brain isn't that psychologically active, its as lazy as anyone who doesn't care.

Your mistake is, not to mention the volatile conditions, gone into an overnight trade with a naked open position.
We're already having sizeable gaps in opening.

That's nothing short of getting screwed, bcos your SL is worth dirt.

VJAY

My 2 cents, that's why paper trading is also very dangerous.
Since its paper, your brain isn't that psychologically active, its as lazy as anyone who doesn't care.

Your mistake is, not to mention the volatile conditions, gone into an overnight trade with a naked open position.
We're already having sizeable gaps in opening.

That's nothing short of getting screwed, bcos your SL is worth dirt.
yes EOD without hedge holding writing PE is dangerous...

doonyadav

My position is around INR 20 in profit. i.e 20*75*100/100000 = 1.5%
I think it is a decent profit in one week considering my position was protected between 7700-8400.
Because i am a beginner so i don't understand much about the risk that a few fellow friends talked about.

I think black swan event takes place once in a few years. And if i make 1% every week, i will be able to accumulate 20% profit in almost 4 months. That's enough to face the black swan day (20% circuit).

And if we think of black swan event 24*7 then it is going to be very tough to trade.
I may be wrong, so experts, please guide me!

VJAY

My position is around INR 20 in profit. i.e 20*75*100/100000 = 1.5%
I think it is a decent profit in one week considering my position was protected between 7700-8400.
Because i am a beginner so i don't understand much about the risk that a few fellow friends talked about.

I think black swan event takes place once in a few years. And if i make 1% every week, i will be able to accumulate 20% profit in almost 4 months. That's enough to face the black swan day (20% circuit).

And if we think of black swan event 24*7 then it is going to be very tough to trade.
I may be wrong, so experts, please guide me!
If its occures once in a year then its wipes out profits of entire year and extra too ..Am not expert in options I too learning :)