Paper Trading Nifty Straddles

pasha

Dear munde_77, linkon7

I do not get into servers listed in the oracle options software, I run on automatic configuration through reliance data card.

I am attaching a screen shot of what i see when i click on config and drill down on servers.

see if u can advice something on this.
Just click on config in Oracle and select NSE server. Auto config in Reliance is something else.

linkon7

options oracle takes some time for downloading the data. so it might give the impression of not doing anything for a few min after u select nse server....

metushar

Dear munde_77, linkon7

I do not get into servers listed in the oracle options software, I run on automatic configuration through reliance data card.

I am attaching a screen shot of what i see when i click on config and drill down on servers.

see if u can advice something on this.
plz to reply......

AW10

Trade initiated for Stretgy 1

Sell Call May 3400 at 212, Sell Put May 3400 at 181. Total Premium Collected = 393

So far Strategy1 hit profit 2 times, stoploss 1 time and Strategy2 hit profit 1 time and SL 2 times
Quick update on last value as of 30.April for this trade under strategy 1 - i.e.
Nifty 3400 May Short Straddle
3400 Call = 215
3400 put = 133
total = 348

As per the plan of 50% of premium for stop our SL premium should be = 393 + 50%*393 = Rs 590
and the 50% target premium will be to buy back at 50% of 393 = 196 Rs.
So no action for now and lets enjoy the ride ..

For people who are interested in paper profit, P&L on 30/April = 393 - 348 = +45 [it means nothing to me cause I am looking at either 590 (stop) or 196 (target) ]

Happy Trading.

AW10

Latest market action made me curious to take the status of this trade.

At the peak of market today, the 3400 Call was at 405 Rs (days high of the premium ). And at that time the 3400 Put should have been at 76 (days low of the premium) giving us
the value of straddle = 405 + 76 = 481 Rs. That means the trade had paper loss of 393 - 481 = -88 Rs.

Had this been a real trade, many of us might have closed it after seeing the loss of 88 points and broken the plan.

At the end of the day, the
3400 Put = 324
3400 Call = 98
Value of straddle = 422
Paper P&L = 393 - 422 = -29 pts

This trade is testing our patience.. and giving us good emotional roller coaster ride.
But lets stick to the core trading rule of "Plan the trade and trade the plan". and enjoy the ride.

Happy Trading

Last edited:

bandlab2

Quick update on last value as of 30.April for this trade under strategy 1 - i.e.
Nifty 3400 May Short Straddle
3400 Call = 215
3400 put = 133
total = 348

As per the plan of 50% of premium for stop our SL premium should be = 393 + 50%*393 = Rs 590
and the 50% target premium will be to buy back at 50% of 393 = 196 Rs.
So no action for now and lets enjoy the ride ..

For people who are interested in paper profit, P&L on 30/April = 393 - 348 = +45 [it means nothing to me cause I am looking at either 590 (stop) or 196 (target) ]

Happy Trading.
Thanks AW10 for updating this

Right now toral premium is 363.

we will see lot of volatility this month

arnav_rulz

Latest market action made me curious to take the status of this trade.

At the peak of market today, the 3400 Call was at 405 Rs (days high of the premium ). And at that time the 3400 Put should have been at 76 (days low of the premium) giving us
the value of straddle = 405 + 76 = 481 Rs. That means the trade had paper loss of 393 - 481 = -88 Rs.

Had this been a real trade, many of us might have closed it after seeing the loss of 88 points and broken the plan.

At the end of the day, the
3400 Put = 324
2400 Call = 98
Value of straddle = 422
Paper P&L = 393 - 422 = -29 pts

This trade is testing our patience.. and giving us good emotional roller coaster ride.
But lets stick to the core trading rule of "Plan the trade and trade the plan". and enjoy the ride.

Happy Trading
Hey i love your Stoploss strategy while selling options...

Btw looks like u got something wrong thr.. Should be 3400 call and 3400 put..

bandlab2

This trade is back into GREEN now.

Good to see you back, Bandlab2. I was feeling lonely in this thread.
i was busy with other issues, thats why i could visit this page. thanks for keeping this going.

i am looking for a election special option strategy for this month. margin = 2 lakhs, loss should be limited and not exceed 20k, profit can be limited/unlimited but minimum 20k. any advanced strategy is fine, including writing calls,puts. but limited risk. i understand the premiums are very high now. i need to construct this by tomorrow or by friday maximum

pasha

Just buy the straddle and sell after 3 days. Premiums will be high else there would be no sellers, as everyone seems to be expecting a big move.