Price action with Candlestick Analysis(No indicators)

hik

Our process may seem to be different but it's same on the fundamental level, we both trade against weakness in supply/demand imbalance zones :).
I do use your process sometimes, for example i traded RCOM yesterday and noticed that 144.8 was an important level which it couldn't break. So although i was trading KTKBANK, today RCOM was on my watch too and as soon as it approached 144.8 zone my focus was on it. It produced a decent short trading opportunity :).

There should be momentum to trade PB, CPB. A single stock will have on average only 2 strong trending days in a week, so its difficult to play these setups on just one stock (CPB has better success rate than PB). I choose stocks which are in news so there is momentum and above setups are comparatively easier to trade.

Currently, after an entry i put target, stop order and forget about it. I find it giving best result for me as of now.
I am working on active trade management (psychological, technical). The mess you see on the chart is for that only :D, aim is to be able to squeeze every paisa of a move one day :).

one query ...how many trades you manage to make per week on an average?
Cool. The only difference is time frames. No problem .
I usually trade forex , In forex we have 20 pairs.Unlike stock market FX is 24 hours market. So, there are large number of setups, I usually keep track of 3-5 pairs and trade only BPB setups and rarely Breakout failure trades for about 8 hours . That should give me 4-8 trades. Since im in the process of learning i usually trade 1 or 2 high probability trades out of those 8.
In stocks also we can get similar no. of setups if we increase the watch list . The key for selecting the stock is that the 1min chart should have any gaps or something, i.e for every 1 min candle there should be volume . Regarding market depth i have no idea. Might learn abt it someday. Its really frustrating watching a single stock / pair whole day and not getting a single trade. So, i increased the watch list and selected only particular type of setups and only trade them.I never counted the weekly setups in stocks since im just watching these days. This is the only type of method where we will get more fun watching than trading itself. No worry about the daily goal , no need to rush to trade just because we have to , Just watching the PA flow between supply & demand levels is awesome.
As you have mentioned, I am also facing few problems in following lance beggs, especially (1.)he asked us to trade minimum 5 per day during learning phase because after 20 days we can evaluate our performance from 100 trades+ minimum.But im not reaching that , i fi take 1 or 2 trades per day then i have evaluate for every 50 + days. Now, thats too long. MY idea is to evaluate myself monthly regardless of no. of trades:)(2.)Active trade management did more harm than good for me. I cut my losses short , price then continue in my trade direction many times. :mad:. Problem is while assesing strength of the individual candles , I am often more wrong than right. i.e a bullish 1min candle when i am in a Bearish trade doesnt always mean iam wrong . So, i guess set and forget approach is the better way for now.
The idea i like that lance beggs mentioned is to create a group of enthusiastic people who are willing to share and show each other setups and let each other evaluate objectively. I guess this thread provides tht platform . And here is todays trades on Euro-Us dollar. and Euro japanese yen. All breakout pullback setups 5min chart.

hik

ICICI Bank July

USDINR

Adani July

Feedback please. Thanks !!
nice trading. Be aware of usdinr , our RBI and SEBI are trying real hard to impose regulations on traders and investors to keep the exchange rate low. USD is very strong on almost all pairs.And its very low volume. its good that you stick to 5min chart, see 1 min chart of usdinr . Only london and Ny sessions are preferred .

screen shots

Last edited:

Vertigo_1985

Hi,
Traded today CPB formed in infy @ 943. It was the stock to trade today for me as there was a gap up. Even though i used 1 min timeframe i didn't get any trade opportunity till 0943 hr, so i am thinking of reducing my timeframe for such trades.

I follow DOM in the beginning and saw slow momentum approach to 2905 and then break of 2888(this was last low in tick chart) to lead to lower levels around 0916 hr. But trading this wasn't part of my strategy so didn't trade it. Does anyone here trade using DOM ?

Did any of you trade Infy today ? If yes what strategy you used ? and how can i develop a plan for such trades(different possibilities and actions) ?

Vertigo_1985

Cool. The only difference is time frames. No problem .
I usually trade forex , In forex we have 20 pairs.Unlike stock market FX is 24 hours market. So, there are large number of setups, I usually keep track of 3-5 pairs and trade only BPB setups and rarely Breakout failure trades for about 8 hours . That should give me 4-8 trades. Since im in the process of learning i usually trade 1 or 2 high probability trades out of those 8.
I have almost no knowledge of forex. How you find trading forex as compared to stocks? easy or tough? its open 24 hour..so what time you trade? is there any best time when liquidity and movement is good ?
What about commodities ? you tried trading them ?
I noticed that you use how much time left, you find it useful ?
You use some alert to bring to your notice that price has reached some price level or you are tracking price yourself ?
so many queries..hope you don't mind :).

Last edited:
In trade 2 there is an opportunity for re-entry when stop loss is hit for T2, did you consider re-entering ?
No, I didnt. Can you explain the reasons for the trade. I can see a horizontal support line , a trendline (which might offer resistance) and the bullish candle was not as big as the previous candle. Will you treat it as an inside bar and play for breakout?

Vertigo_1985

No, I didnt. Can you explain the reasons for the trade. I can see a horizontal support line , a trendline (which might offer resistance) and the bullish candle was not as big as the previous candle. Will you treat it as an inside bar and play for breakout?
The reasons of trade is in your reason for exit itself. You put your s.l at that point because according to your analysis if it reaches that point then there will be more move downside. But what it actually does at that point ? it just reaches your level, takes your stop and few other sellers and goes back, not many people are interested in selling. If no one is interested in selling then how is it going to fall ? what will happen to few sellers who just shorted it ? some of them will keep stop loss above the bear candle so break above will trigger them, some like me would be looking for re-entry and see this as good opportunity to do so.
However, all that said, it's not certain that price will only go up from there(nothing is certain here) so you need to put s.l just below the new low and manage your position well.

Regards

hik

I have almost no knowledge of forex. How you find trading forex as compared to stocks? easy or tough? its open 24 hour..so what time you trade? is there any best time when liquidity and movement is good ?
What about commodities ? you tried trading them ?
I noticed that you use how much time left, you find it useful ?
You use some alert to bring to your notice that price has reached some price level or you are tracking price yourself ?
so many queries..hope you don't mind :).
Compared to stocks, forex is better in my opinion.
bcoz of flexible position size(5000 rs ), 24 hr market , 2 trillion dollars per day business,
very high liquidity ,leverage . Downsides include commisions,leverage(its a double edged sword) Spread and some broker scams.Its for you to research further details and decide. I feel its easy , bu its my opinion only.
liquidity exists normally, but high volume comes from London open and NY open .
Eorope open (8 am) london opening (1200 pm IST) followed by New york opening (5:30pm IST) , Followed by australia opening(midnight IST) and Japan open ( morning 5 30 am IST) .There might be some differences check in internet.usually my trading starts from an hour before europe open , ending is dependant on daily performance etc.
No never traded commodities , once you get started with forex, other financial instruments starts getting boring to you.
yes, candle time is useful , if im watching 1min/5min candles near the higher tf supp/res then i want to know how much time left for the present candle ending, bcoz even in split second new orders may fill up , so it helps me to pull the trigger/stay aside exactly after candle close.
No i dont use any alert for indicating price position, i mean i can if i want to
by adding some sort of indicator, but i just dont need it since usually i keep track of 3-4 pairs only. in future i may use it.

jagankris

Compared to stocks, forex is better in my opinion.
bcoz of flexible position size(5000 rs ), 24 hr market , 2 trillion dollars per day business,
very high liquidity ,leverage . Downsides include commisions,leverage(its a double edged sword) Spread and some broker scams.
Dear Hik,

Can you pls suggest us a good forex broker.
Is there any fixed brokerage scheme like RKSV ?
What is the minimum capital required ?

TIA.

Vertigo_1985

yes, candle time is useful , if im watching 1min/5min candles near the higher tf supp/res then i want to know how much time left for the present candle ending, bcoz even in split second new orders may fill up , so it helps me to pull the trigger/stay aside exactly after candle close.
hmmm..forex, commodities, fno..so many things to explore :).

have you noticed how suddenly many times buying or selling comes just near the end of the candle. Its all quite ...suddenly traders become active just as the candle is about to close moving price vigorously.

Regards