Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

hello josh ,
i am new here reffered by one of my good fnd ,,,,1st of all i thank u for this wonderful RT fetching tool u r helping me and others to save 500 bugs every month ...
m getting RT with ur tool nd even it is getting captured in amibroker ..but the issue is do i hve to do data base setting every time( like local data base,50000 bar and all every time) ???nd the back fill part is lil confusing ..ill back fill 1st nd den open RTG31.xlsm .....
wen i back fill, amibroker wil open itself as instructed by ur tool. But it wil not get the same after i start RTG it wil start tick with the time i start !!! example 2day i started @ 10 nd it started data 4m dat time it self even after i did backfill b4 starting ...
my amibroker is registered den y m geting dis problem...
b4 i was using manshi data nd it was giving all missing data even after i login late !!!

and 1 more thing excel macro is not geting recored i hve 2 click on it to enable it ???

m a non tech person so plz explain me in simple ways ...
The utility gives RT quotes in Ami from the time you click on- Start. It does not give RT from beginning of the day. So start RT and then open backfill. Copy data upto the time you logged in into Backfill. When backfills warns you, save database and do backfill. Your data will be current.
You do database setting only once. Be sure that you give same database path to RT utility and Backfill utility.
You do not have to record any excel macro.

josh1

sir as i said m non tech person ..my question might b funny!!
as u said above i did the same ,,, i have given C:\ path as i saved every thing in C drive ...nd for data base setting wen ever i start ami it wil cum back 2 default setting as 1000 bars nd end of day interval???y is this plz explain me...b4 i was getting spoon feeded data from data provider nd hve no idea abot ami setting ... i was geting 1>3>5 min candles directly as i was starting it in paid data, but in this i hve 2 wait even for 1 min candles !! y is dis diff ?
You have to create database in AmiBroker using File - New-- Database Menu. You give database settings. Source "Local database" and Base time interval "Tick". Number of bars 30000. See post#22. Then save and close AmiBroker.

You are not supposed to start Ami. It should be opened atuomtically by RT31.xlsm when you click on "Start RT Data".

sir as i said m non tech person ..my question might b funny!!
as u said above i did the same ,,, i have given C:\ path as i saved every thing in C drive ...nd for data base setting wen ever i start ami it wil cum back 2 default setting as 1000 bars nd end of day interval???y is this plz explain me...b4 i was getting spoon feeded data from data provider nd hve no idea abot ami setting ... i was geting 1>3>5 min candles directly as i was starting it in paid data, but in this i hve 2 wait even for 1 min candles !! y is dis diff ?
This utility works excellently fine, only issue is that you have to follow it in toto to the instructions given, for the first time, subsequently, it works fine.

first time you have to create the data base , then the complete databse path should be entered in your both excel file RT3 and backfill. You have to save the database setting in ambibroker.

As for the backfill you have to understand that other paid utility like MashiRT (i have not used that) backfills from their server or any server where the data is available. In josh utility we are not accessing a server maintained by this utility author, but from nest server, which is loading 3 months data in the broker terminal. This data , part manually, part through excel , we back fill into our database.

solution, if you open mid way , copy the missing data only backfill this.

Once backfilled data is available, you do'nt have to wait for candle formation, incase still it is showing only ticks then choose 1 minute/ 5 minutes in the intraday view.

your sequence can be , open Now, open intraday chart, open datatable, see the time, open ambi check last close time and note, close ambi, copy the data from datable from the last close time to present, open backfill , paste and press backfill, this will automatically open ambi backfill .

Now open RT3 from excell( don't open by doubleclicking, open from excel) press start button.

Voila your candles are refreshing.

still facing problem revert back

josh1

...b4 i was getting spoon feeded data from data provider nd hve no idea abot ami setting ... i was geting 1>3>5 min candles directly as i was starting it in paid data, but in this i hve 2 wait even for 1 min candles !! y is dis diff ?
This is not about spoon feeding. This forum is for knowledge sharing. Otherwise I would have charged for it and traders would have easily paid one time charge of three/four thousand. I am giving a free tool which is as much or more efficient than paid data providers.
Manshi and others give backfill automatically but they do not have backfill for Futures and Options. I have used their software.
The greatest advantage here is that your charts are matching with trading software. If trading software stops, charts will stop but that does not matter because you cannot trade that time.

sr114

Josh

the snap shot of what i have done (i manually put the formula =[ar....xls]Sheet1!B6 and saved .

After that when i open the saved arbitrage and rt3 file the rates are not updated in arbitrage files so not also in rt3.xlm files

now what to do

sr

josh1

Josh

the snap shot of what i have done (i manually put the formula =[ar....xls]Sheet1!B6 and saved .

After that when i open the saved arbitrage and rt3 file the rates are not updated in arbitrage files so not also in rt3.xlm files

now what to do

sr
Check these -
1. Press F2 in Last Traded Price for Silver and tell me what formula is there.
2. Presss F2 in Arbitrage.xls in any fields and see whether there are any formulae embedded there.
3. If answer to 2 is "No" you will have to open Arbitrage thru ODIN so that it will get live quotes. In that case, RT3.xlsm should not contain entire path of Arbitrage in Formula.

Let me know. Linking the two sheets every day is another solution but that is ugly.

PS. You have given snapshot of saved Arbitrage file and New Arbitrage file. The new file in post #102 seems to be having live quotes from ODIN. Is that correct?

1. Is ODIN creating a new Arbitrage.xls file every time instead of opening the saved file?
2. Are the columns in same order every time when when you open new Arbitrage file?
If column arrangement remains same, you can save the new file over the old file by replacing before opening RT3.xlsm.

Last edited:

sr114

Check these -
1. Press F2 in Last Traded Price for Silver and tell me what formula is there.
[Arbitrage.xls]Sheet1!L6
2. Presss F2 in Arbitrage.xls in any fields and see whether there are any formulae embedded there.
no embedded formula
3. If answer to 2 is "No" you will have to open Arbitrage thru ODIN so that it will get live quotes. In that case, RT3.xlsm should not contain entire path of Arbitrage in Formula.

Let me know. Linking the two sheets every day is another solution but that is ugly.

PS. You have given snapshot of saved Arbitrage file and New Arbitrage file. The new file in post #102 seems to be having live quotes from ODIN. Is that correct?
no snap 1 is only silver and its LTP col pasted
snap 2 - copying other rows
snap 3- opened the saved arbitrage and rt3 files

1. Is ODIN creating a new Arbitrage.xls file every time instead of opening the saved file?
yes
2. Are the columns in same order every time when when you open new Arbitrage file?
yes
If column arrangement remains same, you can save the new file over the old file by replacing before opening RT3.xlsm.
yes
replied as u commented
sr

josh1

SR,

Prices in Arbitrage and RT3 are matching in the 1st and 2nd snapshot. In the third snapshot, prices have changed in Arbitrage but RT3 remains as it is. That is confusing me.
Is the Arbitrage file in 3rd snapshot same as the one in earlier two?
In the third snapshot you are saying it is new Arbitrage. Is it live? There is a disconnect between that and RT3. Click on File-Save As in the new file and see the name. RT3 will not pick-up quotes from there even if there is a small difference in the name.

PS. Can I get a look at ODIN User Guide/Manual anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.